Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sw07.jpg

So is Hot Toys Captain Rex real?

More Clone Wars characters in the future? Seems like Sideshow no longer has the license for Clone Wars.

Yeah, the RO planet's beaches and palms trees do have an odd "tropical vacation hell" vibe. Or you expect Captain Sparrow to appear.:lol

I'm guessing they were going for an "Apocalypse Now" look and we're running out of planet types (we've done everything from all-desert to all-water, all-jungle to all-city:lol), but the beach just feels a little un-SW for some reason.

Yeah, I agree about the un-SW beach bit. You can make vast empty environments like deserts or tundra seem otherworldly by adding your own bits to make it seem slightly weird and different, but when you have tropical water and palm trees you're just giving off a Disney vacation vibe. Why not make the sky purple or change the ocean colour, anything to help make it look weird and not the family vacation destination. I'm still excited, and a coastal environment is a cool idea, I just wish it looked more alien.

Yeah, I agree about the un-SW beach bit. You can make vast empty environments like deserts or tundra seem otherworldly by adding your own bits to make it seem slightly weird and different, but when you have tropical water and palm trees you're just giving off a Disney vacation vibe. Why not make the sky purple or change the ocean colour, anything to help make it look weird and not the family vacation destination. I'm still excited, and a coastal environment is a cool idea, I just wish it looked more alien.

Not sure why it feels so off.

Maybe SW worlds - being a myth/fantasy story - need some basis in fairy tales or fantasy. I mean Endor has pine-type trees and dagobah has swamp trees, so you'd think palm trees would be fine.

But deserts and forests and swamps/jungles and snowy landscapes/mountains and "fortresses/castles/dungeons" (like Death Star, Bespin) have the fairy tale/fantasy thing, but I can't think of any that feature beaches or palm trees. There are pirate adventure stories like Treasure Island, but they aren't fantasy.

Maybe they should have altered the palms look and the color of the water/sky as you say. You start to realize that maybe SW really does have do's and don'ts within its universe. And ATATs in the Florida Keys is one of the don'ts.:lol

The newer troops look like they're based off the early concept art for The First Order Stormtroopers.

I absolutely love the tropical paradise location for this one. It seems like a refreshing change. I love the idea of war in paradise as well. think it will look really cool.

Also don't think anyone has shown the backpack of these troopers properly from swce. I took some pics.
cf1ad38eeffcb6c1a5366d18d5cd63f4.jpg

341e900a1aa02fbb9bccda477699cf09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

f6b57a6e70d8353f2e9323d5a27c990f.jpg

These are your basic stormys in rogue one. Apparently they've made adjustments to make the armour more comfortable. I haven't got a good enough eye to notice the changes. I can't think hot toys would bother to change the armour when they already have the moulds from anh?

f6b57a6e70d8353f2e9323d5a27c990f.jpg

These are your basic stormys in rogue one. Apparently they've made adjustments to make the armour more comfortable. I haven't got a good enough eye to notice the changes. I can't think hot toys would bother to change the armour when they already have the moulds from anh?

Shins are wider at the bottom. Helmet looks smaller. Green sandtrooper lenses.

Probably a lot more too.

Did only the sandtroopers have green lenses? I have the old master replicas stormtrooper lid and it has green lenses.

there are a lot of changes and improvements on the Rouge One TK suits, one they're symmetrical now but keep the same asthetic as the originals. The helmet no longer has decals but actual detail pieces and vents cut out, the finishing strips on the armor are nicer, the belt attaches differently and is changed in design at bit, there are a lot of separate detail parts as opposed to just being vacuum formed on the original armor. Boot are different now too, they used the same boots as the First Order Trooper

Back