Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the reaction to this movie has been way worse than anyone could have expected. I read that merchandise sales are way down compared to all previous Star Wars titles, despite the movie making money. That's a bad sign for collectable companies like Hot Toys, even toy companies. I would imagine that anything that was being planned for this year that had to do with TLJ has probably been scrapped.

Imagine how bad merch sales would be if it wasn't for the porgs...those seem to be the only new thing people actually liked from the movie.

The only porg I liked was the one Chewie roasted... :p

wasnt there another dude known for good solo impression, did a fan film?

This looks better than TLJ to me. While I didn't hate TLJ the way some did, I did feel it was quite a step down from TFA--which had its own share of issues, but was a crowd pleaser nonetheless. After Johnson's dour take, I'm hoping this movie injects the "fun" back into Star Wars.

The Ingruber kid does a nice impression and does look like a young Ford, but as folks have pointed out, impersonating and acting are two different things. I'm not sure why folks feel that Han has to look like a de-aged Ford. Maybe it's due to the spate of digital de-aging in recent films, which can be hit and miss. Ford is iconic actor in an iconic role, and the chances of finding a talented actor who's a dead ringer and sounds like him as well is virtually impossible. So folks will need to get used to Alden Ehrenreich's Han. Most younger audiences probably won't have a problem with it, but those of us who grew up with OT will need to be won over. That will most likely come down to Alden's acting ability. I remember River Phoenix playing a young Indy at the beginning of The Last Crusade. Yes, there was a much larger age gap so they could get away with the resemblance, but River nailed Ford's mannerisms. The real test will be if 5 minutes into the movie folks accept Ehrenreich as Han Solo and then get on with enjoying watching the story unfold, or if they spend the whole movie thinking how the actor doesn't look, sound or act like Harrison Ford. I'm also going to be be interested in seeing Donald Glover's Lando.

HT made 6 different figures from Rogue One:.

Hopefully this one gets at least that treatment, and includes the three main actors. Has HT even said anything about this line? I'm assuming they announced it at some point.

Last edited:
Nothing announced yet, but still a bit early. Still 100 days out. Gotta get through Black Panther, Infinity War etc until then

It's sad but I know they'll only make Panther and move on to Infinity War. They have become very selective lately. With Solo I want a figure of Woody Harrelson from it but I know it won't happen.

I believe I read on Yakface that toys won't be available until sometime in April. Based on their TLJ releases, Hot Toys seems to follow the date requirement pretty strictly as we didn't see anything until that exact day which they released the executioner trooper.

It's sad but I know they'll only make Panther and move on to Infinity War. They have become very selective lately. With Solo I want a figure of Woody Harrelson from it but I know it won't happen.

Love your signature. That Tie Fighter roll-over swat manoeuvre by the Falcon was great !!

I believe I read on Yakface that toys won't be available until sometime in April. Based on their TLJ releases, Hot Toys seems to follow the date requirement pretty strictly as we didn't see anything until that exact day which they released the executioner trooper.

I wouldn't expect anything previewed until April for Solo, so that makes sense. HT usually waits until about a month out from a movie to start their previews on new properties. TFA may have been the exception because of the year-long hype around it.

At minimum I’m guessing Han and a couple troopers from Hot Toys. Chewie probably has a good chance as well. But at least the same number of figures as Rogue One would be nice.

At minimum I’m guessing Han and a couple troopers from Hot Toys. Chewie probably has a good chance as well. But at least the same number of figures as Rogue One would be nice.

Yes Chewie will be an interesting proposition. To upgrade or not to upgrade.....all depends of course if it is simply another TFA fail or not.

But if it is an improvement (3rd time lucky !) then I might be tempted.

Rogue One was enjoyable apocrypha. It was nice to have it, and it was well-done, but ultimately unnecessary. I think Solo will probably end up being similar. The trailer looked really cool and has definitely whetted my appetite. I just hope it packs more of an emotional punch than Rogue One. It would be nice for some of the characters in these spin-offs to appear in Episode IX. I hope Lando at least has a cameo.

I hope lando does not have a cameo in episode sing the idiots making these movies only seems interested in killing off these characters. We don't need to see yet another classic character die.

glover as lando did look cool but would rather have a billy dee ver for my ESB collect.

I hope lando does not have a cameo in episode sing the idiots making these movies only seems interested in killing off these characters. We don't need to see yet another classic character die.

Yeah, if you see an OT character it's just a countdown to when they get killed off. Pretty stupid.

Yeah, if you see an OT character it's just a countdown to when they get killed off. Pretty stupid.

agreed. i think all of it is pretty stupid in terms of new trilogy. best so far sans og trilogy is RO, books, some of the comics and rebels IMO. trying hard to ignore the TFA,TLJ stuff, not ignore like i dont think its even SW but as in i prefer the galactic civil war era and stick to that. dabble in clone wars for maul but really when i think SW its the galactic civil war.

thats my fav part of SW i think its so vast and epic you can pick a specific time/era in its lore and still have lots to consume and enjoy.

Glover/Billy Dee two pack would be perfection!

that would be cool! do think lando in his bespin gear would be a great figure, cape and all.

Looks like I'm only one of few who thinks the lead is actually a decent casting choice. His scenes in the trailers didn't look as bad as the echo-chamber is saying but I'm keeping my reservations until I'm in the cinema.

I'm much more worried about Emilia's wooden and 'concerned-face-all-the-time' acting and Donald Glover who I'm not totally convinced by either. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's a fun watch with charming characters instead of the dreary and dull surface-level archetypal characters of Rogue One.

I’m gonna keep an open mind. I like what I’m seeing so far. I love Clarke and Harrelson and I’m okay with this kid. I’ll give it a chance. If it’s bad then it’s bad. Just have to put SW on the same plane as MCU, I guess. You got your Winter Soliders and GOTGs and your IM3 and Dark Worlds. Can’t all be hits, I suppose.

Back