Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Maul is officially "cannon", but I do think that the movie's should be done in a way where watching the cartoons or comics are not required. The movies should be self sufficient when it comes to major plot points. I actually don't think the movies need to re-explain his survival, the robotic lower half is explanation enough, but I do think they need to retell his final death shown in Rebels in a movie now - Maybe he can be part of the Kenobi movie and they can show the final duel between Maul and Kenobi on Tatooine from a different perspective? Otherwise, as a movie franchise Maul is just hanging out there unresolved for movie goers who don't follow all that other stuff.

No doubt you know this, but of course Disney wants that you purchase and find out about that other stuff.

That would've been a nice shelf..

Comment corrected.........yeah what could've been :lol

Just looking at L3 annoys me....:lol but I'd still buy that mud trooper I reckon.

the-characters-of-solo-character-banner.jpg

I know Maul is officially "cannon", but I do think that the movie's should be done in a way where watching the cartoons or comics are not required. The movies should be self sufficient when it comes to major plot points. I actually don't think the movies need to re-explain his survival, the robotic lower half is explanation enough, but I do think they need to retell his final death shown in Rebels in a movie now - Maybe he can be part of the Kenobi movie and they can show the final duel between Maul and Kenobi on Tatooine from a different perspective? Otherwise, as a movie franchise Maul is just hanging out there unresolved for movie goers who don't follow all that other stuff.
I completely agree with this :goodpost:

:goodpost: I don’t watch the cartoons, and I’ve only ever watched the prequels once, so all I could remember was he was killed in episode 1.
Especially when on the DVD commentary Lucas even says he was sliced in half to show he was dead and not coming back.

Even though he changed his mind for the cartoons to resurrect Maul, if it's not in the movies it doesn't count for me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That's the reason I'm not seeing Solo. It looks interesting, and of course I'm a bit curious to see what happens, but after TLJ, F- them.
Not only am I not watching Solo until years down the line, but I've already spoiled the hell out of Solo for myself.
How Han got his name was pointless and unnecessary, Han meeting Chewie sounds like a let down, Enfys Nest reveal is boring, Han prematurely dealing with the Rebellion robs Han of his character moment in ANH, L3-37 sounds like a nightmare, and the leader of the Crimson Dawn- :rotfl I hated that he survived and the stupid way they brought him back in the EU, this makes that all cannon.
Oh, and Pando Lando- :rolleyes2

About the only thing that sounds good is the Kessel Run, which shouldn't have been told on screen in the first place, not everything needs to be explained.

As it stands, I only like RO of the Disney films.

I just don’t get this attitude. Solo has nothing to do with TLJ. By holding out on Solo you’re indicating that there is no interest in the OT era. You clearly don’t like the ST, so what’s left for you?

As for your summary of the Solo movie, most of those inferences are totally wrong. Solo dealing with the rebellion? The rebellion doesn’t even exist during the time Solo is set. And as for a Maul.... his return has always been canon, and Canon from the mind of George Lucas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just can't believe there have been "0" troopers made by Hot Toys. That's normally their bread and butter.

Yes, when I first saw the Range Trooper I thought that would be a given. That design, with the materials HTs use, will look awesome in 1/6 scale. Same as the Mud Trooper. So far I'm quite disappointed that none of them are made.

Especially when on the DVD commentary Lucas even says he was sliced in half to show he was dead and not coming back.

Even though he changed his mind for the cartoons to resurrect Maul, if it's not in the movies it doesn't count for me.

Well I guess everyone is entitled to their own "head-canon" :lol

Maul, maybe ... (in crimelord outfit)...

Yes, I forgot about him. I'd expect a TPM version first though. HT Maul is a no-brainer and would be a top seller, even an aged gangster version. Moloch and L3 will NEVER EVER be made though. Throw them in the same HT "Never Gonna Happen Bin" along with Jar Jar, Tico, Regular Shoretrooper, and Nute (sorry Wor-Gar).

Well I wonder what tomorrow will bring. Probably nothing, but Tuesdays can be a release day. Especially if they were planning on getting sales/pre-orders straight after the long weekend opening in the US.

Well I wonder what tomorrow will bring. Probably nothing, but Tuesdays can be a release day. Especially if they were planning on getting sales/pre-orders straight after the long weekend opening in the US.

Opening weekend is over and the movie barely made $100 million worldwide; tomorrows draw means nothing and the drop-off will be massive next week (like most movies). For a Star Wars movie over Memorial Day weekend, this is a DISASTER. It has also bombed in China and probably won't even be in theaters over there next week.

Since this movie supposedly cost $300 million to make, not including marketing, there is a very good chance Solo is going to lose a lot of money. I think the lack of box office receipts is proof that The Last Jedi and Rose Tico (lol) have damaged the Star Wars brand and perhaps all those Youtubers calling for a boycott were not just a vocal minority. A lot of people dislike what Kathleen Kennedy has done to Star Wars and I think it's becoming evident now.

Opening weekend is over and the movie barely made $100 million worldwide; tomorrows draw means nothing and the drop-off will be massive next week (like most movies). For a Star Wars movie over Memorial Day weekend, this is a DISASTER. It has also bombed in China and probably won't even be in theaters over there next week.

Since this movie supposedly cost $300 million to make, not including marketing, there is a very good chance Solo is going to lose a lot of money. I think the lack of box office receipts is proof that The Last Jedi and Rose Tico (lol) have damaged the Star Wars brand and perhaps all those Youtubers calling for a boycott were not just a vocal minority. A lot of people dislike what Kathleen Kennedy has done to Star Wars and I think it's becoming evident now.

Tico forever.jpg

Back