Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They showed Deadpool the week of the movie release, why should Solo be any different? I'm not sure how not showing figures while Infinity War hype, then Deadpool hype would have benefited a film that already has a questionable box office outcome. Chewie, Lando, Han, and at least two troopers are probably your menu options in the coming months. I especially can't imagine why HT wouldn't jump on Lando given Glover's recent successes and popularity.

Because they're Hong Kong based? How many fans does Glover have outside of the US? I kind of doubt Community was on TV in HK.

71% on RT and 64 on Meta... ‘so many bad reviews’ is a bit of a stretch.

Solo reviews are horrible 5-20-18.jpg

Not sure what you wanna say? That one just focuses on the bad ones. You could have chosen the good ones if you wanted to.

I just saw this posted the other day and was disappointed is all. I haven't read too many reviews one way or the other as I don't want spoilers... but the relative silence of this one is concerning. I usually can't avoid spoilers there's so many... but with Solo I can't find any to spoil me.

I'll find out for myself Saturday.

I just saw this posted the other day and was disappointed is all. I haven't read too many reviews one way or the other as I don't want spoilers... but the relative silence of this one is concerning. I usually can't avoid spoilers there's so many... but with Solo I can't find any to spoil me.

I'll find out for myself Saturday.

I can spoil it for you if you want ;) Got to attend the premiere last week. I thought it was good...just a fun movie. Not a "necessary" movie per say but nothing after the OT is "necessary". If you can unshackle from the pure unbridled hate being spewed from the crazies out there, I think you will enjoy it. Or maybe I am just a Disney shill....LOL

I was always looking forward to this, and have no real problems with any of the supposed SWJ or diversity angles the movies have taken -- if I did I wouldn't love RO so much. I'm just hoping this leans more toward RO than it does TLJ though, if that makes sense.

I appreciate the offer to spoil it for me -- :) -- but I'll wait until Saturday if you don't mind.

I can spoil it for you if you want ;) Got to attend the premiere last week. I thought it was good...just a fun movie. Not a "necessary" movie per say but nothing after the OT is "necessary". If you can unshackle from the pure unbridled hate being spewed from the crazies out there, I think you will enjoy it. Or maybe I am just a Disney shill....LOL

Yeah the hate bandwagon is rolling , and while many have legitimate gripes with any or all the new SW films, there are just as many who are along for the ride....

I have said this before and I will say it again, it’s mainstream to hate SW.

Marvel , your next....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marvel , your next....

I respect your opinion but disagree. Marvel is about 20 movies deep and the next 3 movies have people very excited. The only Marvel movie that’s “mainstream to hate” is Iron Man 3 but it’s Shane Black and his style isn’t for everybody.

Compare that to Star Wars where there’s dozens of fan edits to make anything not OT more “watchable” and who’s movies require every reviewer on YouTube or website to release their own “In Defense of” type of video after.

Yeah the hate bandwagon is rolling , and while many have legitimate gripes with any or all the new SW films, there are just as many who are along for the ride....

Marvel , your next....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's funny how the decade long prequel hate train has completely shifted to these new movies now.

I just hope all the super vocal bandwagon hate doesn't effect certain things being made, i.e. the fact that Solo releases in a few days and we've seen nothing from Hot Toys. Although I know Infinity War and Deadpool have slowed Solo hype down a ton, and I'm sure HT will do Solo stuff eventually.

No one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans, that's always been true. Outside of A New Hope, or the original Star Wars, people have found something to complain about en masse about every single movie that has come out.

I don't think Marvel will receive the same level of hate and nitpicking...at least not for a while. For the most part, the MCU has stayed pretty true to the characters traits that people love, they've casted pretty much perfectly, and they're stayed out of controversial storylines/social justice movements. Once this original group of actors/characters is gone and they shift into less known/loved characters and if they decide to push some agendas like Star Wars has, they'll get some backlash as well. But through (almost) 20 movies, they've done it the right way.

Honestly somehow I expecting this movie to bomb...so Hot Toys could focus their resources on OT (ESB Han, death star troopers, sand trooper black pauldron......) and PT...of course Rouge One too (Krennic, Baze, Cassian.....)

What a novel idea, right? Stay true to who characters are, adapt the stories people love into movies while respecting the source material, don’t force feed any “agenda’s” down peoples throats and you’ll have tons of happy fans and none of this divided fan base crap going on.

Why is it so hard for other movie studios to understand something so basic?

Between TV, social media, internet headlines, casual conversation...it's almost impossible to avoid political/social agendas these days...especially in the age of everybody being offended by everything. Movies were a nice escape from that, until Star Wars came along and started shoving **** down people's throats. Some celebrate it, some lament it, but at the end of the day, they've abandoned compelling storytelling (Rogue One aside) in favor of political undertones and diverse views.

I'm personally in the boat that Disney needed to break a bit from the old EU...some of the concepts in those books were outright ridiculous. But many were absolutely home runs and gave fans the stories that continued the journeys of their big screen heroes. If Disney was smart, they would have loosely based the new movies and stories on the old EU, with some creative liberties taken. Literally no one likes Admiral Holdo or whatever he name was, but no one would have complained if Mara Jade came into the world.

Disney deserves all the backlash they get and more. I'm hopeful Solo bombs hard, which it very well might, so that they finally understand that what they're doing isn't working.

they've abandoned compelling storytelling (Rogue One aside) in favor of political undertones and diverse views.

Whats more, they've made the common contemporary mistake of thinking diverse appearances must be indicative of diverse views.

They've also taken an immersive world based on broad mythic icons and dwindled it down to trendy political views that will make these new films feel as dated as bad hair and bell bottoms.

Back