Speculation: Any Star Wars announcements before Toy Fair NYC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't doubt that they can DO Chewie--- I'm just wondering about what direction it might take the 12" fig...

:chew

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, I very much want Obi-Wan from Ep4.

It won't be at Toy Fair though. We've already gotten every SW announcement we're going to get for this year's event.

(Patiently waiting for SS to prove me wrong)

Darth Loki said:
It won't be at Toy Fair though. We've already gotten every SW announcement we're going to get for this year's event.

(Patiently waiting for SS to prove me wrong)

You're nuts sir... I forsee at least one pretty hefty 1/6 announcement... and probably a 1/4. I think that Sideshow is going to use opportunities like the Toy Fair and SDCC each year to really blow our minds (at least I really hope so :monkey3 )

galactiboy said:
I think that Sideshow is going to use opportunities like the Toy Fair and SDCC each year to really blow our minds

Like this?
020im4.gif

galactiboy said:
You're nuts sir... I forsee at least one pretty hefty 1/6 announcement... and probably a 1/4. I think that Sideshow is going to use opportunities like the Toy Fair and SDCC each year to really blow our minds (at least I really hope so :monkey3 )

Preach on bruthuh, preach on! :rock

Awesome smiley DW! Dave, can we please add this:
020im4.gif

Toy fair last year wasnt all that spectacular. The only figure we saw was mace windu and we found out about him prior. Other than him it was all things we had know about for awhile. While I think it'd be dumb to release the dejark table without a figure, I won't be surprised if that all we get this weekend.

If I don't see some kind of Tusken Raider announcement soon (either 1/6 or PF) I think I might take a gaffi stick to someone.

:emperor

BDarin73 said:
Toy fair last year wasnt all that spectacular. The only figure we saw was mace windu and we found out about him prior. Other than him it was all things we had know about for awhile. While I think it'd be dumb to release the dejark table without a figure, I won't be surprised if that all we get this weekend.

If that is the only announcement for the 12" line it will be a huge letdown...

DarthNeil said:
If that is the only announcement for the 12" line it will be a huge letdown...

Not if that's all you're expecting like me LOL

Seriously, I don't expect anything this weekend other than to showcase the Maul PF and chess set along with other already announced stuff.

KitFisto said:
Not if that's all you're expecting like me LOL

Seriously, I don't expect anything this weekend other than to showcase the Maul PF and chess set along with other already announced stuff.

Which would be OK too. I am looking forward to some new pics of Asajj and Leia.

Last year, we found out about Mace Windu before Toy Fair began. The only Star Wars announcements made during the event were the deformed Vader and Stormtrooper VCD dolls from Medicom.

So now that we have found out about Darth Maul and the chess set days before Toy Fair, and with a recent preorder for Bubo, I don't expect a ton of new announcements. Certainly they won't give us another PF at Toy Fair--two at once would be unprecedented. If the Droids are just about ready they will be revealed at C4 or SDCC. I do think it is likely that we will get a new 12" figure revealed this weekend. We have had a creature pack and an expansion pack, and it's time for a figure. Even if it's just Snowbunny Padme.

Add that to one more LOTR announcement (a PF, since 12" Faramir is still too recent in this leisurely paced line and on the other hand, it's been a year since PF Frodo was announced) and my hopes for Toy Fair are in check. I don't want to get myself all worked up over an avalanche of new product in these two categories. Others like Gentle Giant are going to show us months and months worth of stuff all at once during Toy Fair, but Sideshow likes to let things out in a steady stream throughout the year. They are going to want to have some cool announcements in May and then again in July and I actually prefer that approach, since the fans are actually allowed to attend SDCC and not Toy Fair.

I am looking forward to seeing a lot of new things from Sideshow in their other licenses, along with a few cool imports, but if you put all your hopes in seeing tons of new Star Wars previews you might get hit with the post TF blues when that doesn't happen. But I will be shocked if we don't get a major 12" figure announcement.

Khev said:
I don't expect much else either. Though a preview of Snowbunny Padme and a Gandalf PF would be *huge* IMO.

You spelled "Eomer" wrong!!!

:google

Actually, I would love a Gandalf, but I just hope that the year long delay is the result of a really intricate and detailed armored costume on the next one. It shouldn't take a year to make Gandalf's robe, cloak, belt, staff and hat. (But I would buy a Gandalf in a heartbeat if he really is next in line.)

When asked in the TF Prediction thread. I said more LOTR than they're gonna do. I figured since there wouldn't be anything till SDCC event wise for LOTR we might get more. I hope the PF is either Eomer or GTG if they do that and if they do a 12" GTG or Gimli. SW wise I expect a 12" announcement along with Maul and the Chess Table.

If there are no new announcements in the Star Wars 12" line, then when do you folks think the next figure announcement/pre-order will happen? It's already two months in and we haven't had a major 12" pre-order yet.

But the yesterday's newsletter says there will be only one other LOTR announcement, after the Diorama. :(

Plus, watch our Toy Fair galleries for more glimpses of this diorama on display at the show, and stay tuned for another new LOTR product to debut during the event!

I so hoped for at least a few. All of Sideshow's LOTR lines could use a major shot in the arm.

SW-wise, I'm perfectly happy with the :maul for the time being.

Back