Spawn: The Beginning statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spawn: The Begining statue

I cared when this was up for pre-order like what 10 years ago.:impatient:

Wanna hear a kick in the balls... someone on another forum received a damaged autographed one and contacted the company. Guess what? The DON'T have any replacement statues to replace any damaged ones. All you can do is get a refund.

I guess they really want to make it an exclusive LOL... Tools!

I was really looking forward to those statues then I saw the price and the size.... not so interested in them now.

I easily would've gotten it if it was the correct size.

As it is, when the regular edition sells out they would've grossed $111K (but shipping was included, so really less).

If they would've make 1,000 18" figures and sold them for $200 (excluding shipping), they would've grossed $200K.

Todd is just too afraid for it not to sell out,and too into gimmicks, like charging an additional $40 for his silly autograph.

great pictures still havent taken mine out of the box. cant wait to display it.

Does your have the extra chain hanging from his left side? im not sure if it was ment to be extra, or it is just my piece that has the extra chain hanging?!

Yeah the extra $50 for Todd's autograph is pretty pathetic. I dont care for his autograph, never been a fan of Todd himself, just Spawn. I can't stand artist that sell out for greed, im all about the guys that love the character they have created and will do anything to make the consumers happy with what ever they want. Not going after the quick buck, and destroying what got him there in the first place.

Re: Pretty Sick New Spawn Resin Statue

Did anyone else get one of these?

i got mine last friday. i love spawn figures so this was a must for me. overall its pretty cool. only 9" tall. a few things i dont like are the front of the stand display the statue number you have with marker and the skull chain in front of the neck that holds the cape is a bit crappy looking. im glad i got it but for the quality it should have been sold at a lower price.

For those still thinking about getting one, you might want to hold off on this junk. My "special" signed version arrived today.

-The signed plate has a scratch in it, right through the autograph. Also, it's bent in the middle like they jammed it in and it isn't sitting right. Also, it looks like the guy stuck his fingers up his ass before sticking the signed plate in, as it has fingerprints all over it that can't be cleaned off.

-The feet don't go into the base properly. One foot sticks out of the base no matter what.

-The chain on the chest appears to be cracked off in the middle. Either that or it's supposed to be two parts and it just looks like crap.

Either way, I emailed in and they said I put the feet in wrong and I just needed to put in both feet at once. They're wrong. They asked for pictures, but they said the best they can do is give me a refund if I send it back because it's sold out. I asked if there's any extras and if they anticipated having to replace broken statues. I asked if there's any way they can get me a replacement seeing that this thing never should have left the warehouse. With that said, I don't think they're going to help. I also think they expect me to pay to ship the junk back!

PC194223.jpg

PC194225.jpg

PC194224.jpg

I posted this in another thread, but I figured I'd share my story here too:

For those still thinking about getting one, you might want to hold off on this junk. My "special" signed version arrived today.

-The signed plate has a scratch in it, right through the autograph. Also, it's bent in the middle like they jammed it in and it isn't sitting right. Also, it looks like the guy stuck his fingers up his ass before sticking the signed plate in, as it has fingerprints all over it that can't be cleaned off.

-The feet don't go into the base properly. One foot sticks out of the base no matter what.

-The chain on the chest appears to be cracked off in the middle. Either that or it's supposed to be two parts and it just looks like crap.

Either way, I emailed in and they said I put the feet in wrong and I just needed to put in both feet at once. They're wrong. They asked for pictures, but they said the best they can do is give me a refund if I send it back because it's sold out. I asked if there's any extras and if they anticipated having to replace broken statues. I asked if there's any way they can get me a replacement seeing that this thing never should have left the warehouse. With that said, I don't think they're going to help. I also think they expect me to pay to ship the junk back!

PC194223.jpg

PC194225.jpg

PC194224.jpg

I just don't see why that thing costs so much (other than greed). It seriously looks about on par with the old Spawn figures, and some of those even look superior to this thing. The only difference is the material used (and, sadly, it STILL looks like it might as well have been plastic from the quality), and a price tag that's about 4x what the thing should be worth. They should have just made this thing out of plastic and sold it for $20.

Back