SPANGELUS custom project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You Buffy fans are perverted....

Seeing as how the siree tends to stick around and have intimate relations with the sire, I would tend to agree with you.

Well, for those Buffy fans who are interested in customs like these (and this piece in particular), I dug around and found some pictures of this project in earlier stages of completion.

Even though it's not my style, a great deal of effort went into it, and any Buffy fans out there who are interested can see it as a work in progress here:

https://btvsfigs.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=Customize&action=display&thread=5068

Slash fiction is the lowest of the low in the geek world. And that's saying a lot.

Shai is out their protecting the rest of us... and for that I salute him :rock

Quoted for thruth.... :rock

Found this obscenity in the Custom action figures section on the Bay.

Seriously how old are you all again? Really?:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

This is when I once again remember that this is a male orientated board, because on the whole I don't come across this type of, well frankly, ignorant crap elsewhere. I can't believe that in this day and age men (well maybe young boys judging by the wording here) can't wrap their heads around something 'different' without resorting to abuse. *sigh*

It's pity that the mods obviously don't care about such things because elsewhere this thread would have been deleted or locked by now.

Last edited:

When possible, I suppose it's preferable to try and steer the conversation in a more constructive direction, hence my previous post. Some would feel that the creator of the piece deserves an oportunity for other collectors to see and enjoy the project, and simply locking or deleting the thread would deny him that. Maybe some more of the Buffy fans can chime in with some support for the concept or voice their appreciation of the piece.

If we get into flame wars or personal attacks, then yes, we will start to delete posts or lock the thread. But reasonable conversation on both sides can continue for now.

I am sure that others might look at this image and issue a blanket statement that Star Wars fans are perverted:

AaylaSketch.jpg

:D

Oh no love. That you see is the acceptable face of male sexuality amongst 'fan boys' in places such as this one.

To wander beyond that sort of thing creates shouts of 'look at the 'not we'! :rotfl

Which I find in this day and age to be truly tragic, for all sorts of reasons.

But reasonable conversation on both sides can continue for now.

Calling people and and another members work 'an obscenity' reasonable? Colour me surprised.

On the Buffy show Angel was supposed to have sired Spike, so that's probably where the idea for this comes from, though I believe it was later retconned that Drusilla sired Spike.

Good lord, someone here who's actually watched the show!! Excellent! :)

Well .... :rotfl

...too easy. :D

Ah but you see love thats what comes from a combination of typing at 3 in the morning (my time) and being in chronic pain (which I am a lot of the time) . Not always conducive for good spelling. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I like to think that Shai was joking. I belive he's more open-minded than that.

It is very clear though, that it never get's boring here! There's always a reason to start a thread. And whenever members lack the discipline to stay on the subject matter, they start knocking each others head in, verbally that is, or wisecrack the hell out of each other. Sometimes it is amusing, and sometimes it's just annoying. After all...

THIS IS THE FREAKS BOARD!!!

I can think of other ways to keep myself 'entertained' that don't rely on calling other members work 'an obscenity' strangely enough.

And this 'joke' got old 5 pages back. :confused:

Calling people and and another members work 'an obscenity' reasonable? Colour me surprised.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that all of the previous comments were considered reasaonable. (Reactions to the piece itself may vary--calling the piece obscene or perverted is one thing, but if anyone personally insults the sculptor himself, I will delete the post, as that is a personal attack and is inappropriate.) I was instead expressing a desire that from here on out, the conversation might be kept reasonable and appropriate on both sides. Some of the humor and attitude in the thread, tongue in cheek or not, has offended others and with that in mind we will try to move along and behave ourselves.

:peace

Sorry love, I have to say here, but it's about *********ing time.

They may not like what they see, but there's a world of difference between constructive criticism, and just plain 'bashing'.

I'd hate to think that any perspective member here would feel uncomfortable posting their work for fear of being treated in this manner, Whatever the subject matter involved.

Last edited:

God you people are a bunch of dicks- and hypocrites. I bet if it were some girl-on-girl action you'd be loving it. Why do men get so disgusted by (and agro about) two men together? Grow the **** up.

It's a great piece of art (both the sculpting and the content). You guys are just showing what narrow minded people you are. You don't have to like it, but for so many people to go out of their way to say how 'disgusting' it is is pathetic.

Where the hell is P!TU? He is into this sort of thing.

.... oo .. a vampire slap fight ...... :monkey1

Oooh I know!

*Clutches handbag to her chest* :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

*hoots* :rotfl

Look, you've upset the 'Vampire Bunny of Doom' now...

doomba4.gif

Last edited:

OK

Ive only jst been directed to this thread, and ive gotta say. Im really annoyed and quite hurt with the comments about my piece of work and about me.

Ive created LOTS of figures before. Including 2 LESBIAN scenes from Willow and Tara. And Shocker, they sold for about £200-300 (thats 400-600 USD for you guys) and not one word was made about them. If anyone here is a true artist, the gender of the subject doesnt matter. Would you refuse to draw a nude man if you were a guy yourself? if you would, your extremely narrow minded and need to get over it.

This is the first piece of this kind i have ever made, as its been pointed out. I made it for the Spangel fans, which, might shock you are in a MAJORITY of Buffys fans. Pop along to Livejournal, i think yourll be shocked how many fans there are

I got the idea from the Angel Season 5 line "Except that one time". Vampire mythology always uses Siring as a sexual encounter.

Hell, ive seen custom figures of characters actually on the job, so dont try and say this is OTT or too sexual.

This custom has taken me literally MONTHS. Ive shown it to a large number of straight males, im straight myself, none of them found it offensive. Shocking maybe, but none of them bashed me for it. See, theres this little thing called artistic talent. This is some of my best work, so if you dont like the theme, which im sure alot of people dont, then look at it from an artistic side.

Im trying to fill the need in a niche area of fans.

Ive never seen Interview with a Vampire, but isnt there like a whole erotic scene with Brad Pitt or something? That movie is one of the most well known, it wasnt disregarded for that one scene.

Grow up.

Thanks to this thread. I think im going to refrain from posting my work on this forum. Its a disgrace. Ive posted this elsewhere and got nothing but nice comments about it. Even if the person didnt like the actual scene, they posted on the sculpting or painting.

ALSO, this custom won 2 award recently, for best base and best set of figures from Angel.

Also, to the original poster of this thread. If you didnt like it, why the hell did you have to post it on here, like a silly little child and publicy bash me for it. You could have just ignored it, but no, you had to be a prick and post it on here.

Im not gonna say another word on this. I dare say this post is gonna be torn to shreds and "quoted" on another 6 pages of bashing.

Im not gonna show anymore of my work on this narrow minded forum. Also, a forum, with a moderator that allows its members to publicy bash a fellow artist, no matter what their current piece of work might be focusing on.

So thanks guys. Thanks for pubicly bashing a fellow artist, one who comes here to view other peoples work.

You people make me sick. In this day and age. A piece of art cant be auctioned online without being bashed and torn apart. No matter how much work went into it.

So, go on. Continue calling me a sicko, or a twisted freak, or a lowest of the low. What is this, petty jealousy? or are you all just bored?

Well congratulations. If your intention was to hurt the artists feelings and discourage him from showing his work online. Then well done, yourve succeeded.

Bloody Tossers

Wow! I don't think anyone here questioned that you didn't make a quality piece. Second you are an artist and your work will always be subject to different reviews. Again no one said you made a crappy product.

Wow! I don't think anyone here questioned that you didn't make a quality piece. Second you are an artist and your work will always be subject to different reviews. Again no one said you made a crappy product.

yah, but being called sick, twisted and obscene isnt something i get all happy and tingly about

also, different reviews? are you ****ting me. Ive counted about 4-5 quite positive comments. the other 5 and a half pages are just pure bashing.

Also thanks Sue and Browncoat. At least there are some people here who dont get off on bashing someone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back