Soon - All sales will have to be in Commerce

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope - it will maintain the basic form as this forum with all the same threads. I will probably start deleting sales threads older than 90 days though.

Even if the products advertised in those sales threads have not yet shipped? Maybe I misunderstood - by sales threads you mean non-customs? i.e. HT, Sideshow, etc.

I don’t like the killing of posts 90 days or older; I have threads started three years or more ago that I still get pm’ed about. No one likes to post in them but they get hit by the “necro post” guy and made to feel bad about it. But new guys join and search and find something they’ve been looking for. I’ve sold five of a higher priced figure in the last month but the thread has had no activity in a long time.

Also I’m fine with the $30

I don’t like the killing of posts 90 days or older; I have threads started three years or more ago that I still get pm’ed about. No one likes to post in them but they get hit by the “necro post” guy and made to feel bad about it. But new guys join and search and find something they’ve been looking for. I’ve sold five of a higher priced figure in the last month but the thread has had no activity in a long time.

Also I’m fine with the $30

I think I'm one of those people. But here's where the new division comes in handy. If you're showing your work in the Customs forum with a link to a sales thread - if the sales thread is gone after 90 days there will still be the show-off thread and a new customer can PM you.

Also for people that always have stuff available - there will be the Panjo marketplace. Which can stay active as long as you want.

(More about Panjo later).

I think I'm one of those people. But here's where the new division comes in handy. If you're showing your work in the Customs forum with a link to a sales thread - if the sales thread is gone after 90 days there will still be the show-off thread and a new customer can PM you.

Also for people that always have stuff available - there will be the Panjo marketplace. Which can stay active as long as you want.

This sounds like the makings of something very cool, sometimes I "happen" upon nice customs by accident, having an active marketplace for available items sounds really good, especially if panjo makes it easy to see everything available without the digging.

I know how to play the panjo...oh wait..my bad.:lol

But really; I don't see anything wrong with charging sellers.
For sure if it's going to help move the forum forward
into the future and keep it going for a long, long, time.

Can't wait to see what the final Premium accounts will
entail.

This looks cool. If there are no more Sales threads, and sellers won't have to BUMP their sales threads, that will be awesome.

Dave, what happens to threads like my dexter and bill knives that essentially are a link to Shapeways. There really is no need to post in it and could be inactive for 90 days. Would this just sit in the customs forum as well?

Dave, what happens to threads like my dexter and bill knives that essentially are a link to Shapeways. There really is no need to post in it and could be inactive for 90 days. Would this just sit in the customs forum as well?

There are a few customizers that are sort of retailers - I would think those threads would sit in the custom forum and wouldn't need a sales thread if it's just a link off to a retail site.

Apparently Panjo will be made available alongside traditional sales threads. So members could use either one.

Correct - Both will be available - and if you create a Panjo sale it will also put a thread in the appropriate forum. We can't move Trades to Panjo anyway.

Back