Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25th, 2018)

Deadline is now reporting that Solo is falling well behind the early projections despite the solid Thursday night. Estimates now have Solo earning $33M for the day on Friday, which as a result only put Solo in the $80-$90M range for its three day haul. It gets a little better with projections pointing to a $105-$115M four day total. These numbers could fluctuate as the day goes on, but this would be a much softer opening than expected, with original projections being in the $170 million range

There was almost no one at my 10:15pm showing lol

Ranks, ranks, ranks

etlhuA.gif

Got out of theatre a couple hours ago. I'd say nothing was really outstanding but nothing was terrible either... with the exception of every scene with L3. That robot was totally obnoxious, rude and completely unfunny. I mostly enjoyed it but I doubt I'll be able to watch it again without changing the channel because of that annoying ****bot.

Saw it. Loved it. Alden was great as Han, Donald Glover was great as Lando. Loved Woody too.

Kasdan on *that* cameo:

"I was passionate about him all the way through. I sort of had planted the seeds early and I wanted it to be built that way. And I wanted to reference certain forms of martial arts that might lead to it. And the presence of someone who was so terrifying in this crime world that you had to know he was the guy who could control someone like Dryden. So he was part of the DNA of the thing."

(I don’t see how the video game martial arts reference leads to him at all, but not a big deal either way)

And when the interviewer asked the informed question of Han not believing in the force before the OT:

Han has, of course, always been rather sceptical of the Force so if he ever encounters You Know Who, wouldn't that change how he feels about the Jedi in A New Hope? Kasdan went on to explain why he doesn't necessarily think that might be the case.

"I don’t think so. Because that’s part of what I love about this story. He doesn’t believe in the force and we know that ahead of time. But he doesn’t ever have to! The only acceptance he has is so slim. He never really comes to believe. He’s always the skeptic."

So it seems he indeed wants to shoe-horn him in... and uses the justification that Han won’t believe even in the face of evidence (which he already accepted in the OT). He also seems to contradict his own lines that he wrote for Han in TFA - ‘it’s true, all of it’ and ‘that’s not how the force works’

Kasdan on *that* cameo:

(I don’t see how the video game martial arts reference leads to him at all, but not a big deal either way)

And when the interviewer asked the informed question of Han not believing in the force before the OT:

So it seems he indeed wants to shoe-horn him in... and uses the justification that Han won’t believe even in the face of evidence (which he already accepted in the OT). He also seems to contradict his own lines that he wrote for Han in TFA - ‘it’s true, all of it’ and ‘that’s not how the force works’

Han could conceivably encounter a Sith and still not believe in The Force by ANH. He acknowledges the ancient religions. He admits he's seen a lot of crazy ****, just nothing that made him believe in one all encompassing thing that controls your destiny. That's not the same as a dude with robot legs who maybe does some magic and has an energy weapon.

It is contradictory re: the "he never really comes to believe" statement in TFA but the interviewer was specifically asking about ANH.

Either way he seems adamant on twisting what he needs to, to fit in the cameo that pretty much all audience members thought was ‘stupid’ - even those who liked the film

Well with the way this is underperforming maybe nothing he’s saying for the future will matter anyway

Either way he seems adamant on twisting what he needs to, to fit in the cameo that pretty much all audience members thought was ‘stupid’ - even those who liked the film

Well with the way this is underperforming maybe nothing he’s saying for the future will matter anyway

Could be. My anecdotal evidence is that my theater ghasped at the cameo and then applauded at the end but I wasn at the Fan Event thing and we all got mirror dice and posters. :lol

Just out of curiosity, I might have missed your reaction post - did you think it was stupid?

44ACADB7-8681-46FB-B912-B572BBFAA0E9.jpg

Concept art from the film imaginatively titled ‘Love Interest 02’ :lol

The design itself is nice, reminds me of some old video game SW characters

Back