So where's the NEXT 12" FIGURE?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indy has been slow out of the gate - but I do believe we'll be seeing more greatness from SSC in this regard as it has proved to be more popular than expected.

Medicom blows their wad all at once and I doubt we'll see more than these 5 characters from them. There aren't as many visually interesting characters in the Indy saga as in SW, but I think we'll be seeing most everyone that you'd want - it will just take a few years.

I hope we see some environment type pieces in this line too, like the Idol pillar and things like that. One of the things I enjoy about Indy is the environments as much as the characters.

it has proved to be more popular than expected.

IMHO, that's part of the problem. It was planned anemically from the gate.

This line had the potential to supercharge 1:6 collectors (including some new ones) with Sideshow for a long time. That is quickly slipping through their fingers.

Indy has been slow out of the gate - but I do believe we'll be seeing more greatness from SSC in this regard as it has proved to be more popular than expected.

Medicom blows their wad all at once and I doubt we'll see more than these 5 characters from them. There aren't as many visually interesting characters in the Indy saga as in SW, but I think we'll be seeing most everyone that you'd want - it will just take a few years.

I agree and think SDCC will show us a lot of that greatness. I've got the Indy Sr on order from Medicom but will cancel it if SS announces him at SDCC and I'll get Young Indy if he's put up soon.

IMHO, Sideshow needs to announce at least 3-4 new 1/6 INDY related figures at SDCC to make up for the sputtering energy of their line, and I really don't see that happening. :(

Nope. And I'm counting on some surprises like that to get me re-engernized again for both the INDY and SW lines.

Gimli and Merry/Pippin or perhaps a baddie would do the same for LOTR.

SDCC is my personal deadline. If I don't see more Indy 12" there, I'm buying the Medicoms.

Don't think I won't!

I have a feeling that we will get Henry Sr from San Diego. In one of the podcasts, they said that fans of Last Crusade would be happy this year.

That would be awesome. The only figures I really wanted out of Sideshow's Indy line was Indy himself and Henry Sr, and Medicom's doesn't hold my attention. :whip

My problem with Medicom's is that Indy isn't Asian. All of the Medicom sculpts make him look like he is.

It would be very nice to see some more Indy from Sideshow at SDCC, but I'm really not holding my breath. If we did see anything I would expect either Jones Sr. Or Belloq (ceremonial robes seem to be the most popular to make, but I would like him in his Cairo suit.)

I expect a few figures to premire at SDCC. :banana

I do think SS should have announced more products while the Indy hype was higher like before KOCS was released.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but Gentle Giant did it the right way. The problem with GG is though that their products all look bad.

I expect a few figures to premire at SDCC. :banana

I do think SS should have announced more products while the Indy hype was higher like before KOCS was released.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but Gentle Giant did it the right way. The problem with GG is though that their products all look bad.

:horror

:lolIn this case patience might be a virtue-- I agree with Carl that there should have been more announcements while KOTCS dominated the box office but I think we'll see at least two, possibly three or four 1/6 Indy announcements at SDCC and the momentum swing will be immediate.

I've stated it already but here's what I see being announced:

TLC Indy with motorcycle/sidecar and a Henry Jones Sr.
TOD Indy with ripped shirt and machete.
and hopefully one villain-- either a Toht (with exclusive melting face) or a Mola Ram.

:whip Stay tuned guys-- I think this line (and license) is about to heat up onc emore and it's not too late to get people to jump on board. Announcements right when people get the amazing ROTLA Indy in hand will stoke the fire considerably.

Back