So- Obiwan is charging/shipping, Grievous is due shortly- where's the next premium?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
They told us it was not from the prequels. They also told us it was not from A New Hope. They also told us it was a villain. They also said that it is a big project. So we have heard a few clues...

Sorry, I must have missed all these clues somewhere. Well based on that we can certainly narrow the field to a handfull of characters.

Fett
Palps
Royal Guard
Storm Trooper

All I can think of off the top of my head that would deserve a PF. Fett seems to make the most sense with the amount of detail that would go into him. God they better have the braided wookie hair. Damn, now I've got my hopes up even more that it'll be Boba.

Re: So- Obiwan is charging/shipping, Grievous is due shortly- where's the next premium?

If A PF Boba Fett is announced I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get the cash for one even if it means cancelling a couple of 12" pre-orders to help pay for it.

Re: So- Obiwan is charging/shipping, Grievous is due shortly- where's the next premium?

Don't think you'll have to worry whoever it is won't ship till we are closer to the end of the year.

Great! That means it'll be with all the X-mas shopping. Boy that makes me feel better.

Darth Loki said:
Sorry, I must have missed all these clues somewhere. Well based on that we can certainly narrow the field to a handfull of characters.

No need to be sorry! These clues have surfaced in various interviews and chats. So you would have to be an obsessive Freak to catch them all. (Who, me?)

I too hope for a Fett. He is my favorite SW character and a PF Fett would be the centerpiece and personal favorite of my entire collection. I will forgive Sideshow the long wait if he is indeed the next one announced.

It's gonna be Dengar!!

I almost want the next PF to be Fett just to stop me from ordering the GG Fett. I like GG stuff but only if I feel that SS won't be doing anything like it(the clone wars maquettes, Luke on Tauntaun, Speederbike).

Please put an end to our misery SS.:sick

Gruson said:
...Let's just hope they do not wait until SDCC though...

Maybe it would be ready for pick-up there...you know, no delay between presentation and buy... it will be great...who knows!

I want it to be Fett, but part of me doesn't... Sadly it would be the first PF that I would have enough time to save for and I know I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I missed on all the rest and am still trying to get Vader. Fett would be the nail in my coffin. I'd be too broke to eat for a month! :sick

But, either way... BRING IT ON!! :D

Fett is the man and deserves it. He'd be the ultimate Star Wars PF!

I think they will be countering Gentle Giant's Fetts (statue and maquette).

That's why I am pretty sure it is Fett.

I hope so. I like GG's Vader, but it would pale in comparison to the SS one I have so why drop another $150 for something that's inferior? That's why I'm going to wait until at least SDCC before even thinking about the GG Fett.

Let's just hope that if there isn't one out prior to SDCC (which is my personal desire) that SDCC won't be another toyfair where we all know that its Boba and he's being released and we get :horror more vinyl semi deformed...

Agent0028 said:
Let's just hope that if there isn't one out prior to SDCC (which is my personal desire) that SDCC won't be another toyfair where we all know that its Boba and he's being released and we get :horror more vinyl semi deformed...

How about a compromise... Vinyl semi deformed Boba?

Hmm....only if he comes with Han frozen in carbonite.

tomandshell said:

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!:D

BOBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PF TOMORROWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!
:r2d2line :fireworks

I think a Luke in X-Wing fighter gear would be real boss. Lots of great details and would look great in 1/4 scale. Then give us a 1/4 scale Tie Fighter Pilot to face off with him and I'd probably go through the roof.

BB

I would really love to see a Degobah Luke with Yoda on his back. I'm not a huge fan of the 1/4 Luke and don't own it. I'm sure it's not the last Luke we'll see, and I really hope they have this under consideration. An X-Wing Luke is a must too but I think I'd prefer that in the 12" line.

tomandshell said:
I remember asking during Toy Fair chat about semi-deformed Boba Fett and was told they had other plans for him. I can't remember who from Sideshow said this.

Somebody should drive over to SS headquarters and watch them move stuff, maybe they'll catch a glimpse of something. :monkey3

They had mentioned a second Luke in pilot gear and a third Luke with Yoda when the SW PF line was just getting started. That was before the 12" line came around, however, and the 1/6 figures have needed a lot of time and attention. Now that they have the smaller and cheaper figures to fill in all the costume change possibilities, I think it might be less likely to get repeat characters in the PF line.

At this point, with only a few new PFs announced a year (at best), each repeated character would mean a wait of several months before we even get a chance at another new character. This time last year, we were days away from ordering Grievous, then Obi-Wan around SDCC, then Leia in November. That's three in a year, and if that's how many we will be getting per year in the future, then the line is not big enough for much repetition.

I have ordered seven 12" Star Wars figures since the last PF announcement. After Leia ships in about two months or so, the Star Wars PF line will be dormant. All announced figures shipped, and no pending preorders.

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Back