So, how much does these worth?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Mule

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all.
Classic thread, I suppose. Bad times here so it's time to sell - the question is, 'for how much?'. A friend and I have been wise (stupid?) enough to get somehow 2X on some pieces, and time has come to sell 'em.
So, here's a list:

-Iron Man MarkIII Battle Damaged (sealed, not the exclusive SS one)
-Iron Man Mech Test (sealed)
-Iron Man Classic Maquette Exclusive SS (don't remember if sealed, anyway mint, the one with additional arm)
-Superman Reeve (sealed, not exclusive)
-Predator: Private Billy (don't remember if sealed)
-Iron Man Gantry + Iron Man Mark IV (sealed)

This is pretty much it.

Also, a question: on what should I invest? I mean, I already have decent collection I think, I buy what I like, but... looks like a bad time for collectors. I want to buy things that won't lose their value with reprints&co., to what should I aim? I was thinking about Arthas statue atm, would go well in pair with my signed Diablo 3 Collector.

Don't invest in toys if you want to get rich, toy collecting is a hobby not really an investment, sure some times you can come out on top but mostly break even or lose for the most part. Collect what you like and invest in real world stuff like stocks and bonds. The only people who make money with toys are toy companys, toy stores and flippers.

I don't want to get rich, I mean, I already have a job and I think collecting shouldn't become a secondary job.
What I mean is that I had enough scams and similar in my collecting, from the classical ebay seller that sells 'new' models that are opened to the toy company that reprints the 'ultra-limited piece XY' shattering the value of said piece.
I never cared up to now cause I collect what I like, no more, no less, but I'm from Italy and these are bad, bad times here. I'm lucky if I can afford a Hot Toy once in a while, I have to be selective, and to me enough is enough, I can't risk to pay 400$ ('cause here all toys are overpriced due to import) on something that, in case of necessity, I can't resell for a reasonable % of that price later.
It's just too much of a risk.

Then buy nothing hot toys. They will do a reissue whenever a piece gets a great deal of secondary market value. Joker dx v 2, iron man mark 1 version 2, mark 2 version 2' dx batman version two, etc etc etc.

Hot toys products will not hold value. Mech test tony is starting to go back down below retail now, same with black widow.
Better versions, at lower prices. Only buy them if you want to keep them.

This kinda sucks, it seems that I'll just have to stop buying. Well, probably after Mark 7 and Arthas, those are two bad mother_____*ers.
But, I mean... come on. Expensive hobby, even more here in Europe, and not the slightest chance to have a collection that is re-sellable in case of need. Just too much cons.

You can get the price range for each figure when you search for each figure on eBay, or even here in the Sideshow Marketplace.

Assume that you're buying, not investing. Yes, you may sell some things eventually, maybe even make a profit, but assume you're buying for your own pleasure.

Reguardless , you can't sell on this forum with 6 posts and joined this month

I just asked to value what I have ^^
I'm not even sure that I could sell to someone here on the forum. Most of you are US/Canadian (which means high shipping costs and duties), and even to other EU users, the italian postal service is not 'cheap'. I could need to throw in 30-50€ to ship a 2-3kg item from Italy to UK. I'm asking here about values, but to be honest, I will probably sell to other desperate collectors here in Italy...

You can get the price range for each figure when you search for each figure on eBay, or even here in the Sideshow Marketplace.

I don't really find ebay indicative of price range. I find the Mech Test and Mark 3 BD at 500-600$ there, and ebay, as usual, is full of people that throw in ultra high prices just to try.

Assume that you're buying, not investing. Yes, you may sell some things eventually, maybe even make a profit, but assume you're buying for your own pleasure.

Well, let's see... usually, the 'cycle' is: I buy something, a year later my lack of space/money makes me re-sell that something to buy other things.
Now, the matter is: I buy something today, tomorrow I could have no job, in that case I'd like to know that my purchase hasn't halved in value so I can at least keep living in my house and not under a bridge :D

Back