Snow Corporation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorgmal Snow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Right I have thought long about this and decided well what the chuffin eck I will do it.

I find that I do little bits and pieces and have no idea where to put them.
I don't want to start a new thread for just a couple of shots or a random question, so I thought I would stick all my randomness and oddness in one rambling chaotic constantly derailing thread.....

So to kick it all off....

Casting and painting.....

I have been getting in to casting and mould making in a big way. Loads of folks have given me advice and helped me out and I am so grateful.

I first started with a mould making two part drop of tackle called Siligum, fanchuffintastic stuff, but but more expensive than a trip out clothes shopping with the Mrs!

I was using resin plaster and doing a two part process. Resin plaster is amazing. its cheap and you can work into it really easily when you have just demoulded it.

But it is heavy and is rock hard when it totally dries and can be brittle if you are a heavy handed Goth from the west country.

so then I moved to resin.... what a chuffin mess, and silicon moulds.... totally disaster...

But after about 3 months wages, four pairs of ruined slacks and a couple of lost days due to toxic fume inhalation I made it through the other side...

Here are some of the products.

First up is the Hans Solo parade.
I love the Smuggler SS Sculpt, but the neck makes posing a bit wooden... so oft with his head.
next was painting... my word that is as tough as a weasel, but I will not give up.

lots more ramblings and dollies to come

Mark

hans3.jpg

The far left Hoth han is the original SS sculpt and paint job

Last edited:
few more shots.

hans1.jpg

hans2.jpg

I have been doing lots of experimenting with painting, washes undercoats, overcoats, trench coats and whileecioates, just trying to find what works best for me.

Last edited:
Looking good my friend! The challenge now will be keeping your work station organized between the molding, casting, building and painting! Good luck with it all.

My desk goes from being spotless to being totally unworkable in the space of 10 mins LOL.

The floor behind be is not a pretty site!!!!

Next up....
Praji gloves.

Theae gloves are the bane of our lives!! They are so useful but so hard to find...
uses......
Praji
Tie Fighter Pilot
Death Star Gunner (hopefully get one of those one day)
At-AT driver
Hoth Han
Hoth Luke
Luke X-wing
Biggs X-wing
lots of x-wing pilots A-wing, B-wing, Y-wing, chicken wing, bat wing
Leia... what Leia in long black gloves... no no no
plus a load more I am sure.

p-gloves1.jpg

p-gloves2.jpg

p-gloves3.jpg

p-gloves4.jpg

p-gloves5.jpg

Last edited:
Now which one gets to pilot the Milennium Falcon? (EDIT: I meant which Han Solo, you posted again before I did!)

:lol

looks great, wish I had the time/motivation/money/skill to do more molding and casting...

looking forward to seeing what you come up with next!

EDIT: So are those gloves just resin? Are they flexible at all, or will they not bend whatsoever?

They are resin. Now the draw back DUDE is as you say... they are ridged.
BUt I am waiting until I can get some more cash and then experiment and research into rubber ow er mrs!!

As for piloting the falcon... there can be only one... ANH all the way.

Well Dorgs, I have been thinking of how to reproduce the qualities of good 1/6 hands (just flexible enough to let an object into its grasp, but firm enough to keep it there until you remove it)...

I assume you are familiar with Sculpey brand clay? Well, apparently there is a flexible version that is somewhat rubbery, and can be mixed with regular Sculpey to produce varying hardnesses between entirely rigid normal Sculpey and very floppy flexible Sculpey.

If a mixture of the 2 Sculpey clays could be somehow pressed into a mold with great enough pressure, it is possible that the clay would pick up every detail of the mold, and, when baked, turn into a solid, semi-flexible hand...

I have yet to try this, as I have not seen flexible Sculpey in local stores and don't want to go through the hassle of ordering any. And of course I don't use Sculpey in general due to it's tendency to release carcinogenic gases when heated too much... but if I got some sort of outdoor oven rigged up, that would be safer...

anyway, don't know if that helps at all...

cool stuff Mark. Would you be up to casting then modifying a ROTJ Luke with all the hair removed so that the Endor hat will fit?

Oh Dorgs, since I am indeed very much addicted to clones, and always looking to expand my army, do you think you would be willing to trade some cast chest armor and feet (and possibly some other clone parts if you've made any) for... say, a recast of a SS EpII helmet or two? I'd be willing to paint them! :D

PS if we traded these items, I would include the clone helmet(s) with the other item when I sent it, because I would be molding/casting both at the same time... and I know 2 helmets might not have the same value as all the chest/feet/other pieces, so I may be willing to send three! :lol

lemme know what you think... :D

oh yeah, and the other item would remain a gift, as in it would be exempt from the trade, if such a transaction were ever to be executed between us...

But it is heavy and is rock hard when it totally dries and can be brittle if you are a heavy handed Goth from the west country.

Mark

Oy! I nearly missed that side swipe! I'll have you know I'm not that clums.... damn, just knocked Susy Ming Dynasty vase of the desk. Bugger. Wonder if she'll notice the super glue join?

Great thread again Dorgs. that flexi Sculpy is called "Moldmaker" super elasticlay over in OZ anyway, hope it helps source it if you need it.

Next up....
Praji gloves.

Theae gloves are the bane of our lives!! They are so useful but so hard to find...
uses......
Praji
Tie Fighter Pilot
Death Star Gunner (hopefully get one of those one day)
At-AT driver
Hoth Han
Hoth Luke
Luke X-wing
Biggs X-wing
lots of x-wing pilots A-wing, B-wing, Y-wing, chicken wing, bat wing
Leia... what Leia in long black gloves... no no no
plus a load more I am sure.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol the wing bit has me crying with laughter, your a damn funny guy m8 :D

I was a sweet, innocent boy before I met him in a chat room. He groomed me, and now look :horror

The man is evil. Pure evil.

Back