Sleepy Hollow on Fox

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so this is going to be CW Vampire Diaries but with the headless horseman instead? :(

Yes the idea for the series looks a little wierd, not really shure how this could go for more than a season, but looks pretty cool ill check it out

That's the same thing that came to my mind. How long can they keep a show about the Headless Horseman? :lol

(Unless they bring witches or ghosts or something)

I will check it out, solely on the fact that I enjoyed the hell out of Fringe. It looks weird enough to set itself apart from the rest of the crap on TV. So weird, it might be fun.

I agree about the Clancy Brown problem, he would have been the perfect supporting cast actor to lend a little credibility to the show, it's a shame he was wasted on just the pilot.

I don't fault a show from trying to do something completely bat-**** crazy like this. I won't watch it, but I support the idea behind it.

Funny I thought the same thing the rest of you did about Clancy :D

Fun fact, Clancy Brown was a regular at the restaurant my (now) wife worked at when Shawshank was being filmed, she said he was a really nice guy.

Obviously this was before Shawshank became the phenomenon that it has, and I was always amazed that she served food to the Kurgan!!! :)

Yes the idea for the series looks a little wierd, not really shure how this could go for more than a season, but looks pretty cool ill check it out

That's the same thing that came to my mind. How long can they keep a show about the Headless Horseman? :lol

(Unless they bring witches or ghosts or something)

Well it was mentioned in the trailer and also from the plot synopsis already posted:

Ichabod quickly realizes that stopping Headless is just the beginning, as the resurrected rider is but the first of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

It sounds like they can get some mileage out of it to me with the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse idea.

I have not seen one episode of Once Upon A Time - but I will check this show out and give it a try. Mostly because I love Sleepy Hollow and am intrigued by how they are going to do this and if they can pull it off.

I enjoyed the trailer enough that I will check the pilot out and then decide if I want to watch it further. :dunno I'm not sure what your point is.

Yeah, I don't think it's clear whether this might be decent or garbage based on the trailer. Concept is pretty wacky, but that doesn't mean it will be horrible. Good writers can overcome that. I've seen it in comics many a time. Not very familiar with "Once Upon A Time."

But isn't that trailer a sufficient enough of an example of what this show is going to be?

:hi5: Yup. More than enough.

What was the last great show on Fox? Arrested Development which they canceled around 2000? Family Guy which they canceled around 2000? Futurama which they canceled around 2000? This isn't HBO knocking out Sopranos, Game of Thrones, True Blood, hit after hit. This is a network with no credibility, nothing worth mentioning in terms of good programming in 13 years, probably the last place you would actually shop your show while trying to find someone to pick it up.

Honestly if it isn't on HBO, Showtime, or AMC it's a pretty safe bet it's going to be garbage and canceled pretty fast and if you don't believe that go read the shows canceled in 2013 so far thread. The only show I can recall HBO, Showtime, or AMC canning in the past 3-4 years was Luck on HBO. All the other programming is still running strong into there 4th+ seasons a feet people at most of those networks could only wish to accomplish.

Game of Thrones about to finish 3 and start 4.
Curb Season 9 i think?
True Blood Season 5

Breaking Bad about to finish a series run under their own will (not forced because of low ratings)
Mad Mens at Season 5 i think?
Walking Dead Season 4
Even Hell on Wheels and the Killing are coming back

Dexter about to finish out it's series
Weeds etc all still going

What was the last show that actually got that far on Fox, the only thing I can think of is the Simpsons. So why with a track record like that would I invest time into a show on those networks.

Last edited:
24 was a huge hit for Fox, lasted for 8 seasons and is purportedly coming back now that Sutherland's other show is cancelled.

Fringe - 5 Seasons
Bones - 7 Seasons +
Glee - 4 Seasons +

Older shows on Fox for several seasons:

Ally McBeal
House
Melrose Place
Party of Five
Prison Break
The X-Files
Malcolm in the Middle
Married with Children
That 70's Show

They've had many hit shows (though not all may be your cup of tea) and many that have lasted for several years.

You mention The Killing coming back on AMC - which wasn't a big hit in the ratings....The Following I would lump in the same category and is also coming back on FOX.

Back