SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But anyway,i think this should have been solved in a more private way instead speaking this here in the forums,we're professionals and we should deal this kind of matters in a private way,not sharing the bussiness to fans to look cool.

Hello Everybody!

I have paid Nathan for his job and we sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. I hope Nathan will confirm it from his side too. Nathan has been paid for his work today. I feel like we haven't been well understood and we would have preferred to deal everything in a more private way.
Another thing, Nathan is a great painter, no doubt among the bests, we have never said the opposite and never wished to insult his work.

Kind regards,
Toria

As much as I love Nathan’s work I do think it’s a little unfair bringing this up in this thread considering the popularity Nathan has.
I have had numerous conversations and transactions with Toria and she is a nice person so I find it hard to believe it was as open and shut as it looked.

I hope next time you can try work things out instead of throwing someone to the wolves (you guys) :rotfl

Anyway,i think Toria should recover the original painted head,since she's the legitim owner

I can understand the frustrations when one has done a job and has not received payment for it in a timely fashion however I do have to agree that the original sculpt should be returned since payment was received. There is no need to profit twice from this incident. I am sure Nathan will set it right.

Hi again,i'm also artist and mostly of the times the ego makes us making mistakes,so i'm sure Nathan is a fair man and a great artist and will do the right thing.

It seems that Toria only paid due to the reactions of her actions. Toria has missed the boat on the sculpt. Had she originally paid for the work rather than being 'persuaded', this would be a different situation and these posts would not be here!

Well,just a point,even when all love the Natham stuff,there are a contract,and it has to be respected,she have the right to ask for changes.
So i guess is not fair judging this only with a single part of this history...this is not good for any,is an unfortunate incident involving two good people.
So please,stay calm.

according to Nathan's quote, they didn't ask for changes, they refused to pay. Then they took the image and used it, after saying they didn't like it. How is that in any way honoring and respecting their end of the contract?

As much as I love Nathan’s work I do think it’s a little unfair bringing this up in this thread considering the popularity Nathan has.
I have had numerous conversations and transactions with Toria and she is a nice person so I find it hard to believe it was as open and shut as it looked.

I hope next time you can try work things out instead of throwing someone to the wolves (you guys) :rotfl

Do you have inside information that he did not try to work things out in private? Why would a "nice" person, not pay for a commission they did and then steal the likeness to use in product promotion.

Anyway,i think Toria should recover the original painted head,since she's the legitim owner

no way. She had a chance to buy the sculpt and chose not to. You can't blame SS for selling it off to someone who actually wanted to pay for the work.

according to Nathan's quote, they didn't ask for changes, they refused to pay. Then they took the image and used it, after saying they didn't like it. How is that in any way honoring and respecting their end of the contract?

Do you have inside information that he did not try to work things out in private? Why would a "nice" person, not pay for a commission they did and then steal the likeness to use in product promotion.
Well said, this happened similar way to what happened on One Six Republic vs One Sixth Revolution!!

I havent spoken to Toria about it but to me it reads like they refused to pay and said they were unhappy with the paint job so Nathan said he would keep it and sell it instead.
There is no mention of what she was unhappy with or any discussion on terms with her.

Regardless I do not feel everyone should have got involved and they could have sorted it privately. Nathan is a grown man and should be able to stand up for himself.
The flip side is that she may have been bulllied in to paying for work she is not happy with :dunno

Modern Life Studio (an up and coming custom figure maker out of France, Toria Casarro's company) used my pics of this prototype head (after Photoshopping it onto a screencap) to promote their new Man of Steel figure, and then they reneged on paying for the work claiming, "My team and I are not satisfied with the current result of the paint job." So I told them I was going to keep and sell the head myself. If anybody is interested in buying this prototype head pictured below for $200 plus shipping, message me!

If she wasn't happy with it why did she use the pics to promote it that doesn't add up if she Diddnt like it and then Diddnt use it I completely understand but to say I'm not happy with it then use a pic for promotion I don't feel she was bulliedinto paying for something she wasn't happy with sounds like she was bullied into paying for something she tried to steel

I havent spoken to Toria about it but to me it reads like they refused to pay and said they were unhappy with the paint job so Nathan said he would keep it and sell it instead.
There is no mention of what she was unhappy with or any discussion on terms with her.

Regardless I do not feel everyone should have got involved and they could have sorted it privately. Nathan is a grown man and should be able to stand up for himself.
The flip side is that she may have been bulllied in to paying for work she is not happy with :dunno

You seem to be completely ignoring this part...

If she wasn't happy with it why did she use the pics to promote it that doesn't add up if she Diddnt like it and then Diddnt use it I completely understand but to say I'm not happy with it then use a pic for promotion I don't feel she was bulliedinto paying for something she wasn't happy with sounds like she was bullied into paying for something she tried to steel

I'm still reading through the latest comments, but it seems the "should have been a private issue" comment keeps coming up. Let me be clear. I did not post in MY THREAD to ***** about a problem. I posted in MY THREAD to offer a head for sale. I knew people had seen the head used by Modern Life, so I thought a bit of explanation was due.

That said, I admit I was not happy, and I can now see where I could have left out the bit about being stiffed and simply just sold the head. However, I don't think I was particularly vicious, dirty, or unfair about it given the circumstances. And for the record, it was initially handled privately.

As for professionalism and privacy, I'm on the fence about that. Since much of the custom stuff we do is not licensed and is driven by private collectors who like to stay in the know, and as I have always been pretty open about stuff, I did not deem it inappropriate to let Freaks in MY THREAD know what the latest was. We are a community like no other forum I know. Some of us have been here for years and have gotten to know each other quite well on and off the board.

Yes, Toria did make good on the payment after all. I found that very admirable, especially since the head was already sold. I have given them permission to use any images I sent them to advertise their figure, and from here out I bear them no ill will. We are square.

Thank you, Toria, and thank you, Freaks!

Last edited:
I'm still reading through the latest comments, but it seems the "should have been a private issue" comment keeps coming up. Let me be clear. I did not post in MY THREAD to ***** about a problem. I posted in MY THREAD to offer a head for sale. I knew people had seen the head used by Modern Life, so I thought a bit of explanation was due.

That said, I admit I was not happy, and I can now see where I could have left out the bit about being stiffed and simply just sold the head. However, I don't think I was particularly vicious, dirty, or unfair about it given the circumstances.

As for professionalism and privacy, I'm on the fence about that. Since much of the custom stuff we do is not licensed and is driven by private collectors who like to stay in the know, and as I have always been pretty open about stuff, I did not deem it inappropriate to let Freaks in MY THREAD know what the latest was. We are a community like no other forum I know. Some of us have been here for years and have gotten to know each other quite well on and off the board.

Yes, Toria did make good on the payment after all. I found that very admirable, especially since the head was already sold. I have given them permission to use any images I sent them to advertise their figure, and from here out I bear them no ill will. We are square.

Thank you, Toria, and thank you, Freaks!

'Nuff said... :lecture

Maybe he did resolve it in private with Toria, after she paid. Long story short, if I had to guess, I'd say that they commissioned him to paint the head for promotional purposes (I.e. The photoshopped pics), since they already used the pics Nathan provided, maybe their purposes for using it are no longer an issue, therefore, negating the need for the actual head, and, therefore, resolving the issue.

Granted, that's me hypothesizing, but, if Toria says they're good, and, if Nathan said they're good, then, maybe, they're good?

Guys would you help me out with this , i need to know the owner of this head sculpt .. Painted by Nathan.
Thanks . :duff

So hold on.... Nathan was upset because he did work with no pay.

Now Toria (or whoever) has paid him for a head he no longer owns.

How does this exactly resolve anything? It seems to me the buck was just passed to give the illusion of resolution. I think selling the head was a wrong move on Nathans part and were I him I would be ashamed to collect money to pay for work on a head I had sold in a fit of rage.

Oh so what you're basically saying is we skip the part where he's hoodwinked and she uses his work to garner sales while he's sitting ducks. Then, after an uproar when she finally pays him, but even then he's indebted to her since the sculpt is sold before she attempted to resolve the issue ?

To answer this question of yours - What does a court decide when something like this happens ? Damages ? Well lets just take it as that. That's what happened here, it really doesn't get clearer than that.

Had Nathan sold the sculpt after she made good (by paying up his dues) it would've been morally wrong. But that's not what happened here.

Please keep in mind he 'Sold' the product, so he's obligated to send it to its rightful owner not Toria. So now if Nathan has to send ML their headsculpt back he has to backtrack on his commitment with his customer, but why ?

Last edited:
Back