SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I airbrush so much all day, I splurged, and I couldn't be happier. I have an Iwata Power Jet with an air tank that stores the air, automatic shut off that turns it off when the pressure is full. No constant noise (it's not that loud anyway), and the air coming through my airbrush is super dry which is important. The moisture from the compressed air falls to the bottom of the tank before the air goes though the moisture trap and out to my hose. I NEVER have to worry about droplets of air spraying out unexpectedly and soaking my paint job with a wet mess. I highly recomment it.

While on the subject, I'm curious about the rest of your setup. What airbrush and what pressure do you normally run at? I'm sure it varies somewhat for what type of paint and effect.

And yeah, the Walt heads are bonkers good. :duff

Man, I haven't visited this thread in a while and boy did I miss a lot of awesome stuff over the last few weeks! :drool:

Nathan, you are still he master of those Walt sculpts :rock

Any more pics of Gus and Mike? I knew you got a least one set of those sculpts, but I never saw the painted. In fact, I've only ever seen one set of them painted :(

Actually, they did show the proto at last year's Comic Con, but apparently they pulled it from display shortly after the internet exploded with ridicule about how "imperfect" it was (design-wise).

It is still curious they don't show the head much.

I was there all four days of comic con and I don't remember them taking it down. It was the legendary scale Indiana Jones they took down. That thing got ridiculed big time I remember. And their excuse for taking it down was because "the arm broke". :dunno

I was there all four days of comic con and I don't remember them taking it down. It was the legendary scale Indiana Jones they took down. That thing got ridiculed big time I remember. And their excuse for taking it down was because "the arm broke". :dunno

Did you get any solid pics of Vader?

Back