SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely think they got this one right. And only $170? I thought he'd be their first $200+ figure.

I noticed there's no General Grievous this year. Maybe the factory has failed to live up to my paint on that just like the Obi 1/2 scale that also never went up for pre-order and isn't at the Con this year (as far as I can tell).

Is that $170? Or "$TBD?" $170 would be outstanding. But Major Bludd's says "$TBD" and looks near the same. :(

Yep, you're right, it probably says TBD. It looked like $170 to me for some reason. Maybe wishful thinking influenced me. So, could then be the first $200+.

I just got Sideshow's version of Boba Fett Yesterday. They did a much better job on it than I expected, but after you've seen Surfer's work in hand it just doesn't hold a candle to it. I can only imagine how sick the prototype looked in person. Nice work Surfer!!!

Thanks a lot. Being the guy who painted the proto, I have to say the production figure still does look very good. I knew it wouldn't be quite what my paint was, but the final Boba still looks great in person. Mine is sitting right next to my monitor, and I'm totally satisfied (except for the vest/chest armor thing, but that's another issue).

Another shot of the Hobbits in Disguise piece. Heads and base painted by me.

181183_496275513731454_1438083783_n.jpg

And here's a few of my Koto projects.

Hawkeye you've seen, and this looks to be a production version based on my proto paint.
559298_496273997064939_461965733_n.jpg

Cyclops is newly painted just this week and is definitely my paint.
602585_496273950398277_1493044462_n.jpg

255247_496273790398293_298372821_n.jpg

And DareDevil, my fave so far, was finished just Tuesday. I love this base.
402950_496274020398270_586343011_n.jpg

295213_496274080398264_2034347184_n.jpg

Can't wait for better pics.

I definitely think they got this one right. And only $170? I thought he'd be their first $200+ figure.

I noticed there's no General Grievous this year. Maybe the factory has failed to live up to my paint on that just like the Obi 1/2 scale that also never went up for pre-order and isn't at the Con this year (as far as I can tell).

Is this the man you are looking for?

sdcc2012_sideshow_starwars_3.jpg

Sick updates!!! That Daredevil base is ridiculously awesomely painted.

So how does this new Vader compare to the first version?

Thanks Neehar. If you haven't seen it in person, just wait for official pics. The DD base is one of my fave base paint ups so far. I really loved the way it came out. Thank you.

Is this the man you are looking for?

sdcc2012_sideshow_starwars_3.jpg

Okay, so he is there. I really wonder why he hasn't gone up for pre-order. The rumor I heard is that the factory can't live up to the proto. That still looks like the proto head.

Those look great... but what an odd choice for the Hobbits? Probably their least iconic look, even if its a cool piece :huh

True, they aren't the most iconice. However, I never would have bought Hobbit figures, but Sam and Frodo as orcs in Mordor. That's pretty cool to me. In one shot I saw from Comic Con during setup you could see the alternate helmeted heads that also look great on this piece. I guess those are the Ex's.

Damn Nate! Your paints are king of the con! :hi5: :clap:clap:clap

I love you, Mike. I do have to say that I am seeing some serious paint going on over there this year. Aside from the 1/2 scale Indy :slap Sideshow's been crazy busy with some excellent paint jobs. I do really miss painting the cool stuff Sideshow does.

Those Marvel statues are MONEY :clap

Thanks. Those are fun to do. They're just like model kits from my good ol' days.

Your stuff is looking good on display for sure. What is this :slap 1/2 Indy you mentioned? Sounds like it's a FAIL already LOL!

Go to the Indy forum and see for yourself. There were some new pics added that kinda explained some things though. It wasn't paint that hurt it afterall. They tried something new that didn't come off well.

Last edited:
Go to the Indy forum and see for yourself. There were some new pics added that kinda explained some things though. It wasn't paint that hurt it afterall. They tried something new that didn't come off well.

Yow, eyes aside.... The pose is anything but natural. The quality of the materials is somewhat lacking as well.

Sad, especially because that sculpt looks to be Trev's.

Hang in their, Freaks. Finishing up official biz, and then I'm back on the private stuff for a while. I haven't forgotten anybody, especially you Indy and Bruce Wayne folks.

Just caught these vids in the SDCC coverage thread.

Quick glimpse at my Wolverine paint up.
[ame]https://youtu.be/EqjCBCATI2k[/ame]

And some screen time for my Cyclops and DareDevil paint ups.
[ame]https://youtu.be/maFA9HqsXxs[/ame]

Back