SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason looks great so far. The original paint aps are good for the price and year the figure came out, but your aps brings it to life.

Wow! That is really well done! The hot toys sculpt is quite so so, but your paint job made it look much much better! Bravo! More pics please.

Thanks guys for all the compliments. I'm glad you like my revision of everybody's favorite retard. :monkey1Oops, that was very popularity correct. I mean 'Pamela's special, special boy'. I just wish now that I could get the blood splatter off of the shirt. Oh well. Once the other head and mask are done, I'll be adding some dirt and weathering all over anyway. Maybe it won't stand out too much then.

I'll post more pics when he's truly finished. In the mean time, this is what's on my table now. This is the cop Joker head from the DX Joker. I didn't paint the eyes on this one since they were already where they needed to be, but he'll be receiving a faux hair treatment shortly.
02-1.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering if anybody would notice the veins. Good eye.

Jason looks great so far. The original paint aps are good for the price and year the figure came out, but your aps brings it to life.

Agreed. There is something special about the original paint apps. They are cetainly closer in style to the actual makeup, but I don't personally think the old 80's stage-makeup style looks truly natural.

Wow! That is really well done! The hot toys sculpt is quite so so, but your paint job made it look much much better! Bravo! More pics please.

I appreciate your comment very much. I am a big fan of your sculpting ability. You are a genius. In fact, I have one of your Christian Bale heads coming my way. What an amazing likeness. Perhaps the best I've seen.

Here's a few more pics pre-hair. I'm still waiting on the owner of the piece to approve the paint job before I add the hair. Think he'll like it?

01-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

01-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

This is the only other paint job i have seen on a HT Joker sculpt i have actually liked. Good job Nathan. Why did you choose not to paint your own eyes on this one though?

Looks phenomenal Nathan, but I think you should redo the eyes too just because I think that's what stands out the most in your awesome repaints.

Why did you choose not to paint your own eyes on this one though?

I think you should redo the eyes too just because I think that's what stands out the most in your awesome repaints.

The request on the eyes were that they look up, and the eyes were already there, so I didn't feel the need to redo them, but perhaps I may still paint them after this vote of confidence.

Hi Trevor/ Firefly fans, I painted three Mal's at once that look just like this head pictured below. One was mine, one was Reinhardt's, and the third person flaked out on this plus four other heads he commissioned me to paint. Therefore, I have one Mal head available.

Please PM me if you are interested in having a Mal head already painted as seen below.
MalPosterPoster.jpg

Even though the faces I painted were later replaced by those painted by Sideshow's premiere female figure artist, I'd still like to show this here because it is a stunning piece, and I really enjoyed working on her. I believe everything but the portraits, including the hair is still my paint work. I can't wait to see how she looks in the full reveal on Tuesday.

Teaser.jpg

Even though the faces I painted were later replaced by those painted by Sideshow's premiere female figure artist, I'd still like to show this here because it is a stunning piece, and I really enjoyed working on her. I believe everything but the portraits, including the hair is still my paint work. I can't wait to see how she looks in the full reveal on Tuesday.

Teaser.jpg

To me there is no deminsion to the face paint on this. I would have liked to have seen yours Nathan.

The request on the eyes were that they look up, and the eyes were already there, so I didn't feel the need to redo them, but perhaps I may still paint them after this vote of confidence.

Also go back and add your own touch to the eyes. The eyes are the only thing holding back the paint at this point everything else is ace.

Yeah, I suppose it would be a shame for this Joker not have SilentSurfer eyes.:lol It's a little more work, but well worth it.

BTW, the owner more than approved, so hair is a go. I have to finish up something else, so pics of faux hair Joker will be next week.

Back