SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks K07. The good but bad thing is that a lot of my recent work has been for Sideshow, so posting most of my latest stuff has to wait until the products have been officially announced:monkey1, which I am finding out can take several months from the time I've finished painting anything. I've already done quite a number of projects for Sideshow, and none of it has been revealed yet. Really killer projects though.

I'm slipping in commission stuff between projects as I have time now, and those will get posted ASAP. Fortunately, but unfortunately, I've still got a bit of stuff on my shelves to get through, and I've had to wait list all new requests , except for return customers.

Hey silentsurfer. First let me say your sculpting and painting is excellent. My question is, what do you use for the hair on your myers customs? I'm not making a custom I am just curious what the material is.

Thanks

Fortunately, but unfortunately, I've still got a bit of stuff on my shelves to get through
like thiiiiiiiis

156355643.jpg

162677208.jpg

162677213.jpg

(photos provided by Moguchiy H)

Last edited:
Great pics, P., I've never seen those pics before. Amazing. Especially that back. I'm not painting the back like that just so you know. It's almost completely covered in armor, so that would be a waste.

Hey silentsurfer. First let me say your sculpting and painting is excellent. My question is, what do you use for the hair on your myers customs? I'm not making a custom I am just curious what the material is.

Thanks

It's just some faux hair from the fabric store. I cut out a wig shape based on how Sideshow did their Myers wig, glue it on, and then give him a hair cut as needed.

Great pics, P., I've never seen those pics before.
me too. member whose nickname i posted above manages to get all such pictures somewhere.
I'm not painting the back like that just so you know.
it's ok, i actually am shocked by that movie paint of his back, it looks so silly.
but i hoped you'll name approximate dates of restarting my P or at least would mention the order of remaining projects like you did before :)

Well, it's finally happening. My first project with Sideshow has been teased and the full reveal will be next Tuesday. I had a great time painting this project. My only part was to paint the armor for this one. Can't wait til all the pics are up. But for now...

WebsiteTeaserShot.jpg

It's really too bad this set is getting so much "love" in the Star Wars section. I think it's completely lame that everybody b_tches about new stuff just because it isn't something else as though the other things (example: Shortround) will never get made.

So, if you have anything negative to say about Sideshow making this set, keep it to yourself or feel free to cry in the Star Wars section. I really like this set, I loved working on it, and I'm proud to add it to my customs section. Thanks for making me a part of it, Sideshow. It was a real honor, and I can't wait to have these up next to Cody.:hi5:

For what it's worth...

While they aren't my cup of tea you did a great job on the armor. Dig the insignia and tally marks. :duff

I'm having trouble getting reference pics for Maximus. Let's try again this weekend, eh? I finally got my stuff so I'm pumped to get everything you need from me and I'm willing to wait as long as I have to before you're ready to paint it up.

No hurry on my end either.

For what it's worth...

While they aren't my cup of tea you did a great job on the armor. Dig the insignia and tally marks. :duff

Thanks, and I wish I could take credit for those details, but those are actually decals. One of them will also have the little black skeleton on the back of the helmet as well.

Ahhh I just found my answer i'll say how awesome they look here cause I imagine that my appreciation will be lost in the other thread, good job on these. :)

Congrats on the work with Sideshow!!! Don't let the hatin' get you down... just the nature of collectors. I don't plan on buying them, but think its good to see different offerings like this.

Thanks guys. I'm not letting anything get me down. I can understand that some things aren't what people expect or hope for. I don't like everything that gets made either.

Even it's just because I'm bias, you know I'll be getting these.

A little repair project between projects. Boba Ben sent me a Predator Maquette head with a missing lower left tusk. Apparently this looked like a job for SilentSurfer.

Before shot:
MissingMandible.jpg

New Tusk Rod:
NewTuskRod.jpg

Mounted Sculpt:
MountedSculpt.jpg

Blended Sculpt:
BlendedSculptInside.jpg

BlendedSculptSide.jpg

A little paint color and application matching magic and Voila!
FinishedFront2.jpg

FinishedMandible1.jpg

FinishedSide.jpg

FinishedUnderside.jpg

FinishedInsideAngle.jpg

Back