Sidious Mechno-Chair IMAGE thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rolleyes:

Looks good, maybe you have one of those rare ones that i've heard exist out there.

Congrats.......:duff

Sidious looks good with Anakin (the sith version, of course) but you can see from this picture how much the curve on the back legs has straightened out in only a few days. When I first posed him, the statue was perfectly horizontal, and here he is markedly leaning backward.

sidious_chair1.jpg

That's seems to be a flaw.

I borrowed this image from Rebelscum to help illustrate my method.

If the movable piece as indicated by the arrow is opened wider apart on both legs, the chair can actually stand upright with Sidious balancing well.

However I placed this piece further from my Dejarik Holochess Set, in case Sidious falls and knock over the chess pieces, those guys do break easily.

As I have posted before I've had quite a bit of trouble with my chair. When I took it out of the box, it was broken as shown below, plus the legs were so loose that it couldn't stand up under its own weight.

holochair1.jpg

I got it from a third party, so I didn't really have the option of returning it. I was able to use some superglue to get it looking halfway decent, although it involved gluing the legs in a single position.

After having it on display for a very short time, I noticed that the curve on the back legs had straightened out, so in this picture I posted earlier, what was originally a level pose had turned into one with him leaning noticeably backward. One of my glued legs also came undone a bit later, so I found the he also started listing to one side.

sidious_chair1.jpg

Today I was reorganizing my shelves and I attempted to take the statue from the base when this happened:

holochair2.jpg

The paint on the base had apparently formed a bond with the statue part, in effect gluing it onto the base. And no, I didn't pull very hard. The wires have come loose from their soldering and the base is ruined. This figure is by FAR the worst Sideshow product I've ever bought.

Sounds like you've got a case of Murphy's Law icruise-- sorry you're having such difficulty with the chair.

Back