Sideshow Wolf Bio Recast Alert

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you copy something that you didn't pay to make (or make yourself), and sell it, that's stealing. Period.

I just dont see it that way. You can call it wrong, but I dont think you can really call it stealing as its quite different to actually stealing something.
:dunno

I just dont see it that way. You can call it wrong, but I dont think you can really call it stealing as its quite different to actually stealing something.

It's an expression. It means making money off someone else's efforts, regardless of whether or not they're still in business.

But stealing from whom? The pieces are long sold out...who's the money going too? I'm not advocating this...but the only people who're making money off the products are the seller.

This boils down to the whole Napster bull____. It's technically an intellectual property thing. If you recast it, whether or not the company still produces it, you're stealing it. Whether or not they're still producing it, you didn't pay the artist to create it. You don't own the right to reproduce it. Hell, you're also stealing from everybody else who already owns one by devaluing it and/or making people think twice about buying the original because they're not sure of it's authenticity or they're too ____ing cheap to buy it and buy the recast.

If you want something that badly, buy the original, or pay an artist to make you one. It's the right thing to do.

But stealing from whom? The pieces are long sold out...who's the money going too? I'm not advocating this...but the only people who're making money off the products are the seller.

Its not just that.
HTs dont sell individual headsculpts so you can say I had to buy the recast heads.
No way would I have bought an extra figure on the 2nd hand market just for the headsculpt(which wouldve been useless anyway, because it had to be recasted anyway.)

Basically, I would never have bought 2 Original Kyle Reese heads in the first place(they looked horrible) so HTs didnt loose any money.

I only bought them because they were improved from the originals.
again, HTs didnt lose any money.

and not only that, duplicating isnt classed as stealing by law.(i think :lol)

Its not just that.
HTs dont sell individual headsculpts so you can say I had to buy the recast heads.
No way would I have bought an extra figure on the 2nd hand market just for the headsculpt(which wouldve been useless anyway, because it had to be recasted anyway.)

Basically, I would never have bought 2 Original Kyle Reese heads in the first place(they looked horrible) so HTs didnt loose any money.

I only bought them because they were improved from the originals.
again, HTs didnt lose any money.

and not only that, duplicating isnt classed as stealing by law.(i think :lol)

It's basically piracy, which yes, is stealing.

And you said it best. You justified buying it because you didn't want to have to buy two Kyles.

It's an expression. It means making money off someone else's efforts, regardless of whether or not they're still in business.

Yeah, i get that.
But I wouldnt have paid for HTs ones because the paint job looked like crap.
As someone said, theres always going to be differing opinions on this.
I do understand how people can see it as wrong.

Yeah, i get that.
But I wouldnt have paid for HTs ones because the paint job looked like crap.
As someone said, theres always going to be differing opinions on this.
I do understand how people can see it as wrong.

It's not so a matter of seeing it as wrong. The law says it's wrong. It's moreso a matter of you justifying breaking the law as right.

You miss out on an awesome collectible. A recasted one pops up on eBay with the same quality as the original. You have been wanting this type of collectible forever.. and now you have a chance to buy one for a fair price. But apparently, if you buy it you'll burn in hell for all eternity because you "supported" an evil doing criminal. What to do, what to do...

You miss out on an awesome collectible. A recasted one pops up on eBay with the same quality as the original. You have been wanting this type of collectible forever.. and now you have a chance to buy one for a fair price. But apparently, if you buy it you'll burn in hell for all eternity because you "supported" an evil doing criminal. What to do, what to do...

Get a job, save and buy the real one? :dunno

This boils down to the whole Napster bull____. It's technically an intellectual property thing. If you recast it, whether or not the company still produces it, you're stealing it. Whether or not they're still producing it, you didn't pay the artist to create it. You don't own the right to reproduce it. Hell, you're also stealing from everybody else who already owns one by devaluing it and/or making people think twice about buying the original because they're not sure of it's authenticity or they're too ____ing cheap to buy it and buy the recast.

If you want something that badly, buy the original, or pay an artist to make you one. It's the right thing to do.

I am cheap, but I would never buy a recast. :lecture

ebay isnt the answer, my friend.

There hasn't been a single mass market collectible that I've wanted that I haven't been able to find at one time or another on ebaY. :huh

Now if it's a commissioned piece, that's different. I wholly agree that they're near impossible to come by on the secondary market. But that alone reinforces my point about stealing.

There hasn't been a single mass market collectible that I've wanted that I haven't been able to find at one time or another on ebaY. :huh

Now if it's a commissioned piece, that's different. I wholly agree that they're near impossible to come by on the secondary market. But that alone reinforces my point about stealing.

well im pretty sure theres some collectables that are extremely rare by now...and as time goes by, they will become even more so.
ive missed out on waaay too many collectables because i started this hobby late.
sure, i havent looked as hard as i could have, but when i have looked...nothing!
ive had a few items in my saved search for over 6 months now and still no luck.
it took me ages just to get my HTs kyle reese and 20" aerial HK from sideshow.

We should just forget about this now though.

Back