Sideshow to do Reservoir Dogs collectibles!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If infact we are to get 12" figures frm RD that is freakin awesome news!!! One of my favorite Tarantino flics!!! Now bring on Pulp Fiction!

I just read about the announcement also.

Lions Gate Films - Reservoir Dogs
Sideshow Collectibles
12- to 14-inch Figures, Polystone statues, Dioramas, 6- to 18-inch Busts
10/26/2005

An official announcement should be coming soon as they awarded/won it almost a year ago.

They also have Elvis Presley under Mixed Media Figures, probably for the Legends of Rock line they mentioned earlier this year?

Hmmm I have some of the Palisades figures and I like them. But I'm not sure I'd want to buy the (presumably) vastly superior Sideshow versions.
Still I'd love Pulp Fiction and especially Kill Bill figs. Anyone else want The Bride and her motorcycle in 1/6th?

Yeah, I know, bad case of necroposting, but I couldn't find an other thread to vent. I'm seriously thinking about canceling the SSC Reservoir Dogs 12inchers. I have the exclusives on order, but, maybe I shouldn't get involved in a new line. The movie was cool, but... nothing I rave about. Same counts for the Shawn of the dead 12" figures. Do these lines have great futures? I don't know. I'm not even sure if these will become treasured, sought after 12" figures, like some of the SSC monsters. What do you guys think?

I'm waiting. I LOVE THE MOVIE and I would love some sweet figs, but these SS ver. just seem okay to me. And the "exclusive" stuff is weak. I'm gonna wait and see until they ship. Maybe Teemu will sell them for a $20 a pop. :lol

I just canceled mine the other day... I love the movie and the figures look good. But at the same time (as Slade mentioned) the exclusives are kinda weak. And for me I can see other stuff I'd rather spend the $180 on.

But if I can the regulars on the cheap later on I'll probably pick up a set.

... And for me I can see other stuff I'd rather spend the $180 on.

I canceled right after the HT ALIEN announcement was made.

THAT'S exactly what I'm speaking of... I can use the money better on other stuff that's more important to me. Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I'm canceling. Although, those black suits DO look cool...

THAT'S exactly what I'm speaking of... I can use the money better on other stuff that's more important to me. Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I'm canceling. Although, those black suits DO look cool...

Yeah, you might see something cool and preorder it...but sometimes something cooler comes along.

I think the Reservoir Dogs figures are great, but I want the ALIEN figures about 10 times more.

Yeah, you might see something cool and preorder it...but sometimes something cooler comes along.

I think the Reservoir Dogs figures are great, but I want the ALIEN figures about 10 times more.
Yeah. I'm anxious for what SDCC 2008 has got coming for us... But at least I'll have a massif amount of reward points I can spend 'till then. Should be enough for at least one 12" SW or LotR figure.

Yeah, and with the prices as high as they are (and the amount of great products coming) its getting to be were I need to be a bit choosier in my purchases.

Also, 3 guys in black suits don't have the same visual pop on a shelf as one cool figure like the Nostromos suits or a Davy Jones. As my display space is limited I also have to consider that as well.

I really hope SDCC brings a Mr. Pink figure. The other three aren't worth a damn to me without him. I could really use that $180 elsewhere if they aren't going to follow through.

I wish there'd be some news on them. Hard to pick a direction in the dark.

These were figures I just couldn't swing with everything else coming, I'd still eventually like to get them, but I may just have to settle for the regular versions.

The only exclusive I still have an order for is Mr. Orange. I cancelled them all a few months ago, but couldn't stick to my guns. I made the mistake of watching the movie four or five times, and that was it. Orange was (and still is) the only exclusive still available. I've got the other two waitlisted, and the regulars ordered. If I can only have one convert, I hope it's Blond.

I'm not sure if anyone still cares about these, but Sideshow has updated the pages with what I assume are production pics. I can only say that they make me happy I canceled. These have to be some of the worst downgrades from proto to production. The proto likenesses ranged from absolutely perfect (Mr. White) to pretty good. Now they're all pretty horrible. This isn't just a paint thing either. These look like totally different sculpts. That's a real shame.

lol yeah oh man check out madsen. he looks like a recast of the palisades head now. lol glad i canceled mine too

Back