Sideshow: The Joker Premium Format (2022) (by Daniel Bel)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
mtsu1gV.jpg

aOfYKJo.jpg

It aint half bad, I honestly think farbic clothes would have looked better but that's just my personal preference. Will I buy it? No way lol

It aint half bad, I honestly think farbic clothes would have looked better but that's just my personal preference. Will I buy it? No way lol
Sideshow needs to retire the Premium Format label. The whole point of the PF was mixed media, which usually meant soft goods. These are 1/4 scale statues. I too would prefer fabric clothing to all sculpted, but I know there are plenty who are the opposite.

What the hell is he doing with his legs and why have him going for an awkward left handshake instead of the right. He also uses Wolverine's barber apparently.

I like the sculpt of the outfit and the actual face minus the hairstyle. The base looks boring and uninspired.

Sideshow needs to retire the Premium Format label. The whole point of the PF was mixed media, which usually meant soft goods. These are 1/4 scale statues. I too would prefer fabric clothing to all sculpted, but I know there are plenty who are the opposite.
I have to agree, I mean there are fully sculpted pieces that look good, but IMO this fabric piece looks so much better than the above

20220316_170405.jpg

I like the sculpt work aside from the implied devil horns with the hair. But the pose is a little awkward. His legs are posed in a way when you’re leaning up against some thing but his upper half is leaning in for a handshake.

And I agree about fabric clothing on this one. They seem to rarely do fabric clothing these days, which is unfortunate as that was why I originally collected PFs. They had a more museum like quality where as now they’re just fully sculpted statues.

It kind of has that spazy, can’t hold still for long crazy person feel to him. Not overly fond of the Jim Lee hair but if the exclusive is an alternate head it might still work. But why the flesh colored wrists and white shirt cuff that don’t match the shirt color?

OG PF is still king of the hill for me. The portraits on that PF are still the best Joker portraits I've ever seen. Not a fan of the overly furry eyebrows or the Wolvie hairstyle on this. Eyes and grin look fantastic though. Very evil and maniacal looking.

Last edited:
Completely agree that Premium Formats should and must be mixed media - that is what defined them as "premium format" once upon a time - these are just statues.
Now the upcoming Sideshow Dracula and Van Helsing from the Hammer Horror films are REAL Premium Format pieces!

I like the extended hand, creepy smile and crowbar.
I do as well except it’s backwards. Very few people shake with the left hand. That’s just and odd thing to be the main focus of the piece. I suppose that offness is something they’re going for but with the awkward legs over that oddly designed tank of acid, it just seems off. Maybe better pics will sway me. It’s the best they’ve done since the original. That pogo stick one was awful. Wish they’d go back to using mixed media. This isn’t a premium format. It’s a statue. A maquette. Not premium. Just a format.

Completely agree that Premium Formats should and must be mixed media - that is what defined them as "premium format" once upon a time - these are just statues.
Now the upcoming Sideshow Dracula and Van Helsing from the Hammer Horror films are REAL Premium Format pieces!
I agree. Seeing those gave me a little hope in that maybe we were going to go back in that direction of the original PFs for future projects but I guess that will remain just for certain pieces.

I do as well except it’s backwards. Very few people shake with the left hand. That’s just and odd thing to be the main focus of the piece. I suppose that offness is something they’re going for but with the awkward legs over that oddly designed tank of acid, it just seems off. Maybe better pics will sway me. It’s the best they’ve done since the original. That pogo stick one was awful. Wish they’d go back to using mixed media. This isn’t a premium format. It’s a statue. A maquette. Not premium. Just a format.
Maybe, if your swingin' with you main hand you'll shake with your left.
The pose is awkward, moreso over the base which feels like an over the top "add on" to me.
It might look less awkward on something less dramatic.

The last 2 PF's for me are the new Cap., the Batman with the huge stylized cape atop gargoyle which are both all poly (batman has a rope and grapple). Both are great, Batman my favorite to date. I still like mixed media that can really add to something, but if not done well it tends to age poorly. I'll see how this new classic Thor tuns out.

Still not understanding the fleshtone arms poking out of the sleeves. Seems a strange choice when he doesn’t appear to be a version wearing make up. Not to mention the left handed handshake attempt. Just a some odd decisions. Looks like it turned out great though.

Back