Sideshow The Dude 1/6 Scale Figure - The Big Lebowski

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great until it gets hit with Sideshow's production factory. Zero reason to preorder based on their prototype images.

63623A1B-86F3-4E42-99D2-6ADC7B3349FC.jpeg

This actually looks pretty good. While it can’t touch some of the customs out there, it’s quite serviceable for the general fan. Probably not something I’ll pick up, but maybe it’s an indicator of what’s to come from SS.

I’d mistake him for this guy…Sideshow didn’t announce that they had the license for The Lighthouse…but here we are.

Attachments

• 27534E8F-3024-4ED4-89EC-F1BB4D62E2FD.jpeg
    27534E8F-3024-4ED4-89EC-F1BB4D62E2FD.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 30
For Sideshow it’s not bad. I can sort of see the cartoon caricature vibe some are seeing. I’m interested in more pictures and to see what they’ll give him for accessories.

Also I probably would wait to order until it’s in stock as I just don’t really trust Sideshow to deliver a product that matches their prototype.

I'm wondering if that sculpt isn't approved yet, hence why they pulled the preview image down.

I think it looks more like Bridges now, than what he looked like when the movie was made. Or maybe that's just the resin sculpt and it's a bit harsher with the intent it will soften up during production.

It's...okay.

Almost has an animated vibe to it. I'll get it but I'm not overly joyed.
Yeah. This.
The sculpt looks like it came from the Hanna Barbera show “Adventures with the Dude”.
I don’t know what’s up with SS recently. This, Lando, and the Luke they released all have a similar sculpting look to their work from over ten years ago. They have never moved on in terms of quality. And yet they keep upping their prices as though their products a Hot Toys quality.
From those gummy bear features and hasbro paint jobs, to the floppy bodies, I don’t know how anyone keeps buying their figures.

You can already imagine the glossy skin and cockeyed end result.
Definitely a dated vibe from that picture. At least Sideshow stopped painting a “doll dot”.

At this stage I'm digging this it's good to see Sideshow stepping in where hot toys now won't. If sideshow are gonna produce figure's that aren't Disney then I'm game!

I'm surprised the sculpt is decent, going on the Evil dead figure I got it was super good, beetlejuice was trash though.

Back