Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My space situation is so bad that I'm waiting to clear room so that I could display these guys together and take pics :lol :banghead

I haven't even opened up my SHFA Power Rangers or Legacy zords because of lack of space

Yes I was set to buy the originals when they came up, but I also put it off and missed out. I am surprised was start of the decade,, was so long ago. I miss the last decade and what we use pay.

Turtle Overload? There's never enough. lol! At least all these sets are different poses and styles that there's actual collectibility to them. I love all mine. I could never get rid of them.

They are excellent statues and you have them hold on to them! Wish I had enough room to display all of my turtle stuff!

After cancelling the original exclusive comiquettes like the absolute bonehead that I am, I will never part with this set.

Yes I was set to buy the originals when they came up, but I also put it off and missed out. I am surprised was start of the decade,, was so long ago. I miss the last decade and what we use pay.

Canceling original EX's is a hard pill to swallow. If you look around and wait you can get these for fair/decent prices. I always see the price tag for all 4 of the turtles set at 2K$+ but I managed to get all 6 (Shredder ex and mouser) statues for a grand total of 1400$ shipped and all being EX's minus Mikey and Donnie. Took a little waiting but it was worth it

That's a heck of a deal on the old school comiquettes.

I'm assuming eBay? Or another source/private seller on the boards?

I remember having Donnie on PO back in the day and cancelling. I don't regret it, but I agree that I don't think you need both sets of turtles. I think both are appealing, but depict a totally different look.

That's a heck of a deal on the old school comiquettes.

I'm assuming eBay? Or another source/private seller on the boards?

I remember having Donnie on PO back in the day and cancelling. I don't regret it, but I agree that I don't think you need both sets of turtles. I think both are appealing, but depict a totally different look.

I got a Shred and Raph on here, Leo, Mikey, Mouser on ebay for prices (bidding) I couldn't believe, and then a buddy of mine knew I needed Donnie to complete the set and he just happen to have a regular so he sold it to me for retail price. I know not many people would get a situation like that with Donnie, but for the other turtles those were obtainable by anyone. I even had a couple of the sellers contact me after the bidding saying they couldn't believe their comiquette sold for that low.

If you can hang on to the latest ones! Low es for the ex, extremely awesome detail and don't take up too much space. Would be cool if they changed their mind and decided to continue the line with others in the future.

I have had rule for about 7 years or so when I miss a piece I refuse to pay over retail for that piece. 7, 10, 12 years ago I would pay a lot but no longer.

I got a Shred and Raph on here, Leo, Mikey, Mouser on ebay for prices (bidding) I couldn't believe, and then a buddy of mine knew I needed Donnie to complete the set and he just happen to have a regular so he sold it to me for retail price. I know not many people would get a situation like that with Donnie, but for the other turtles those were obtainable by anyone. I even had a couple of the sellers contact me after the bidding saying they couldn't believe their comiquette sold for that low.

If you can hang on to the latest ones! Low es for the ex, extremely awesome detail and don't take up too much space. Would be cool if they changed their mind and decided to continue the line with others in the future.

That's a heck of story. Congrats again. Impressive.

Yeah, I think the new turtles are here to stay with me. Like you said, they don't take up too much space, which really works to their advantage in my collection where space is an issue (much like it is with many people.)

Here's some crappy low res cell phone pictures. The bent Sai is easier to see in person. The bandana is barely hanging on, If I touch it I'm afraid it will snap off. I've had 2 in row that were broken, I'm not sure that I want to take my chances with one on eBay and get a worse one. I asked if I could get a non-exclusive body as a replacement and they told me they weren't interchangeable. I thought the only difference between the exclusive and the normal edition was the Casey Jones mask. Disappointed with Sideshow on this one.

IMG_0051.JPGIMG_0049.JPGIMG_0046.JPGIMG_0044.JPG

The bandana debacle scares the **** out of me as time goes on. I boxed mine back up, but I actually removed some of the styrofoam, so that it doesn't rub.

Obviously, that doesn't help you out, but just chiming in. If I were you, return it and go to eBay - just make sure you get insurance on it and make sure the seller documents with photos that it wasn't broken prior to shipping - IF it were indeed to happen a third time.

Are you sure it was SS at fault. Transport to location can often be even more rough. Not to say SS is completely guilt free.

Well they came straight from Sideshow. It's possible that UPS threw the box around a bunch, but then such a weak point should be packed and protected accordingly. The bent sai is obviously from the factory that way. No amount of shipping abouse would have caused it to bend and be scratched like it is.

Well sorry you’ve had such a rough time. I received all four in stellar condition so it is possible.

Well they came straight from Sideshow. It's possible that UPS threw the box around a bunch, but then such a weak point should be packed and protected accordingly. The bent sai is obviously from the factory that way. No amount of shipping abouse would have caused it to bend and be scratched like it is.

You going to return it or keep it?

Does the slime dripping down on Donny's base have any cracks on any of your statues?

adc2d71d43b3064a65882c0716e16288.jpg
e213ab2015d5169aa8a6bca757376417.jpg
f6f9f3ac5db6bc8b74dcd10b0fe810d1.jpg

Trying to figure out the best positioning to display them... Donny is the tallest and Leo the shortest, maybe swap them? :huh
Do you think a STUVA might fit them all?

26298790fb14f42c047191181fa2f672.jpg
99356e93dd8362d5b1148c6acf552c69.jpg

5e9028c4a16287c32f8b6a18b75cf167.jpg

7151c9d1d1f3572d17df7ef308d75e0c.jpg

Dw, I believe mine looks like that as well. I don't have it on display at the moment though.

As for the display, I'd probably put Donnie and Mikey in the back, with Leo and Ralph in the front. Throw up a pic when you can!

The bandana is barely hanging on, If I touch it I'm afraid it will snap off.

Had the exact same problem with mine. Except I did touch it and it did snap off. The shell on mine had a bunch of marks on it too. SS refused to ship me a replacement body (wanted to keep the low edition number) and shipped an entire replacement instead. No issues with the replacement. Other than the fact that I had to wait for them to receive the first statue before they would ship me another. Whole thing took more than two weeks.

Had the exact same problem with mine. Except I did touch it and it did snap off. The shell on mine had a bunch of marks on it too. SS refused to ship me a replacement body (wanted to keep the low edition number) and shipped an entire replacement instead. No issues with the replacement. Other than the fact that I had to wait for them to receive the first statue before they would ship me another. Whole thing took more than two weeks.

Glad it all worked out though. :rock

Back