Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think 1:3 set by Prime 1 will be the grails.

These are good and all, and I pre ordered all exclusives, I still don't think they will become instant grails :(

I think 1:3 set by Prime 1 will be the grails.

These are good and all, and I pre ordered all exclusives, I still don't think they will become instant grails :(

Those P1 turtles will be awesome. I think they're 1:4 tho, although they did look pretty massive in the video. Now i wanna watch the video again lol

People are holding on tight to their pre orders on these. My leo is still on the waitlist. Hopefully people will drop them as we inch closer to releases next year XD

That movie is terrible. OMG. No idea those would become grails. Personal grail maybe.

the polystone statues from the movie in 2014. I got the whole set, never displayed them though :)
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/tmnt-leonardo-prime-1-studio-902351/
the ones in the link.

giphy.gif

What's so funny? Those statues look absolutely amazing. The sculpt detail, the painting, the stance. They're very well done.
Granted I'm not a fan of the bay turtles design, but from a technical and artistic view, it's hard to deny those statues are impressive.

VP I get what your saying I just don't believe everyone is going to see it like you and I do. They are well executed and the detail is fantastic but from a fans perspective I don't see them becoming grails. I hope I'm wrong and they become highly sought after. I just despised the movie and therefore wouldn't put them on my shelf to represent the turtles I have grown up with.

The Prime 1 Bay set of Turtles were based on the designs from Legacy Effects so have great poses and details. I have the set of 4 and in person they are amazing. Will they be "grails"? I don't think so. Either you love these designs or your hate them.

On the bright side for those of us owning them...Sideshow is completely sold out and no more wait lists.

I have the new Sideshow set of exclusives on order but doubt I'll keep them for long.

hey whats with the hate talk & trolling about the Bay set,, where r the admins!!

oh

While I think those turtles were done with a high level of quality, I do not see them becoming grails in the eyes of the collecting community. If they are your personal collecting grails, then that's all that matters.

hey whats with the hate talk & trolling about the Bay set,, where r the admins!!

oh

There was very little trolling. It wasn't page after page. Mainly just pointing out they are a not likely to become highly sought after.

There was very little trolling. It wasn't page after page. Mainly just pointing out they are a not likely to become highly sought after.

Im joking around, I also dont think they will become "grails" & their second release makes it even harder. I own them & I think the details & presence are great. Yes, the first movie was controversial to say the least (enjoyed the second one much more) but I enjoyed it enough to get the set.

VP I get what your saying I just don't believe everyone is going to see it like you and I do. They are well executed and the detail is fantastic but from a fans perspective I don't see them becoming grails. I hope I'm wrong and they become highly sought after. I just despised the movie and therefore wouldn't put them on my shelf to represent the turtles I have grown up with.

Definitely not going to be grail imo.
The movies and the design left a very bad taste in my mouth and I cringe every time I see these giant turtles with ornaments dangling from their bodies. But a good sculpt is a good sculpt. The statues don't appeal to a lot of people (myself included) but people calling a damn-well-crafted statue a piece of **** because they don't necessarily like the character design is just a bit ....well...

Last edited:
trolls :rotfl

nobody cares if the movie is **** or not, the statues are amazing.
some stuff become grails the moment someone pays lots of money for his/her personal grail :D
a well sculpted statue can't be called **** unless you have some other hate to the franchise :D

Last edited:
Back