Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, Aeumuse. Those shots are a great illustration of how the lighting changes bring out both the likeness and the life in some instances, and how from some angles and intensities, the light can wash out both. Sometimes (as in the latest SSC official pics) we see painted blue circles, and sometimes we see life behind eyes.

It's all in the display choices (or in this case the photography choices). I haven't got mine set up yet, but there's no doubt in my mind that I'll have little trouble getting him in a Besta case with some properly targeted lighting and make him look absolutely awesome!

Cheers!

Very nice, Aeumuse. Those shots are a great illustration of how the lighting changes bring out both the likeness and the life in some instances, and how from some angles and intensities, the light can wash out both. Sometimes (as in the latest SSC official pics) we see painted blue circles, and sometimes we see life behind eyes.

It's all in the display choices (or in this case the photography choices). I haven't got mine set up yet, but there's no doubt in my mind that I'll have little trouble getting him in a Besta case with some properly targeted lighting and make him look absolutely awesome!

Cheers!

Thanks QGF. Yeah, he is indeed a nice looking piece:) I reckon what weakened the likeness was ultimately the choice of decal used for his eyes. Still, like you, I too think he displays very well under appropriate lighting, hence I decided to keep my pre-order.

%2BP1140573%28f%29%28wmrs%29.jpg

Great pics man.
You really see a good likeness on this pic.

Lighting is definitely a big factor to showcase the figure.
I was iffy in the beginning specially when a lot of bad pics were shown, but what got me to pull the trigger
was one of the youtube video where the guy really likes it, and filmed it in his cabinet with led lighting.
That really gave me an idea what the figure really looks like in hand, specially since I display all my figures with LED lighting.

I'm really glad this figure, is slowly but surely picking up steam.
It looked like in the beginning that only the select few who had it in the beginning was it, and that everyone cancelled their order.
Glad to see new pics of this guy. I really am glad I picked it up.

I was iffy in the beginning specially when a lot of bad pics were shown.

I was one of those people that showed "bad pics" at first. But let's be clear what you are talking about here. My "bad" pics showed that there were no major paint flaws, no googly eyes, no skin color issues, no issues with the suit, etc (nothing unheard of for some SS products). The fact that likely my pics didn't sell you on the statue because it requires certain lighting for it to look good for certain people is a whole other story (and was not the intention on my pics). Notice how the Poison Ivy statue can be shot in any light, and look good? That's because we are comparing to nothing real, just print/comics. MOS needs certain lighting, because the whole movie is filmed with very stark, harsh lights and darks (I've watched it 100 times, trust me).

I hope collectors can understand what I am talking about here.

I wonder if Tony Meis picked up this statue.
Although there is absolutely nothing wrong with Sideshow's Cape, I actually think its a really nice cape...its just that Tony's cape was
a Huge upgrade to the Hot toys figure.
And since this looks like a huge Hot Toys figure, I wonder if his cape will bring this statue to another level.

Thanks guys, glad you guys enjoyed the snaps~

Great pics man.
You really see a good likeness on this pic.

Lighting is definitely a big factor to showcase the figure.
I was iffy in the beginning specially when a lot of bad pics were shown, but what got me to pull the trigger
was one of the youtube video where the guy really likes it, and filmed it in his cabinet with led lighting.
That really gave me an idea what the figure really looks like in hand, specially since I display all my figures with LED lighting.

I'm really glad this figure, is slowly but surely picking up steam.
It looked like in the beginning that only the select few who had it in the beginning was it, and that everyone cancelled their order.
Glad to see new pics of this guy. I really am glad I picked it up.

Dunno about him picking up steam though. I waited for almost a year & 8 months before my PO came in to my LCS so I reckon countries in asia are only getting theirs now. The boss also mentioned there were loads of cancellation due to the PVC issue lol

Those pics are wonderful.

Thanks guys, glad you guys enjoyed the snaps~

Dunno about him picking up steam though. I waited for almost a year & 8 months before my PO came in to my LCS so I reckon countries in asia are only getting theirs now. The boss also mentioned there were loads of cancellation due to the PVC issue lol

Ah, that's true. I didn't think about the ones that ordered besides through sideshow.
But still, its nice to see more people posting their statue.
For a long time, you Have just the same few people posting their statue.

Still no doubt that sideshow shot themselves in the foot with the PVC switch cause its a really nice statue, and I'm quite confident that more people
Would have bought this if there was no pvcgate that surrounded it.
I myself was literally at the cancel screen...just sitting there for a bit to push the button.
But I'm really glad I chose to keep it.

Ugh!! Darn you qui gon and all you others with those sweet pics. I held off as long as i could!! Just pulled trigger on this....hopefully i can make it look as awesome as your pics showcase.

Well here's mine.
The legs had to be flexed to get both legs into the base... and I mean FLEXING!

I like the statue, but it's a shame it doesn't feel like a statue and there's some dots and seams on the skin.
Also there's a visible line on the S from a certain angle. The wife is happy, so I couldn't care less :D
manofsteel01.jpg

manofsteel02.jpg

manofsteel03.jpg

manofsteel04.jpg

manofsteel05.jpg

manofsteel06.jpg

manofsteel07.jpg

manofsteel08.jpg

manofsteel09.jpg

manofsteel10.jpg

Question to the actual owners. The two wires on the edges of the cape.... On your statue, do they attach in any way to the chest/suit?

Question to the actual owners. The two wires on the edges of the cape.... On your statue, do they attach in any way to the chest/suit?

Mine appear to be embedded in the body of the figure. I do recall, however, quite a while back in this thread that some owners were reporting wires not attaching, and actually protruding from the cape fabric. And if my memory serves, I believe it was the edge wires. Are yours detached? Broken?

Mine appear to be embedded in the body of the figure. I do recall, however, quite a while back in this thread that some owners were reporting wires not attaching, and actually protruding from the cape fabric. And if my memory serves, I believe it was the edge wires. Are yours detached? Broken?

Well I noticed over the weekend that my nicely posed cape was looking a little "limp" around the shoulders, and upon inspection I noticed the wires within the fabric simply ending before reaching the suit and/or chest :(

Back