Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice

Thanks bud, I'm really proud of this!

since the base for this statue is a bit meh to me, I have to find something to display with him and I got this. :)

fde37fbbbfe5ae53601bf61a159aa0bc.jpg

Yea can't believe no pics from NYCC and he was in shipping soon section of newsletter. What's goin on here lol

Is SS at NYCC :dunno They were in San Antonio a few weeks ago and had a small display basically promoting the COTD

I'm normally not a pessimistic person, but I can't shake the idea that they are somehow hiding this piece from us. If they are ready to ship this month or early next, then its clear that there are production samples out there that have been approved by SS and DC for months. Plenty of time for them to have caught one or two of the lesser post San Diego events to show it off if not the main SDCC2014 event itself. Why would this be?

I would hate to think that that the final piece is somehow marginal and they are trying to avoid cancellations. Could something have gone wrong with the suit? Obviously they wouldn't ship if they knew it was a disaster. I'm just worried that they might think its "good enough" to ship, and folks might just keep him to avoid a return hassle, compared to, "wow, the production piece sux, let me cancel now before he even ships...."

So much for not being pessimistic...:lol

Shocked we haven't seen anything related to this for what, almost 15 months now. Really Sideshow? Are you reworking the paint scheme on the head?

Bit nervous. The proto looked great. I'm down for final payment on the 22nd I think. This is coming to the UK and I've no idea what the costs would be to send it back if I'm unhappy. I guess we also lose the 60 quid import costs if I return for a refund.

If they replace the prototype pictures on their website with pictures of the production piece were screwed.... They only do that if there is a significant change in appearance such as likeness... And 99.9% of the time it's for the worse.

From SF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsoyens View Post
Hi Alex,

It seems Man of Steel PF will be shipping late October.
But then we haven't heard or seen any production piece of this stat.
Do you have a sample of this? or are there any plans to add pics of the final product?

Thanks and God bless!

Reply of Alex:
The one and only advance piece we received had to go straight to DC for their sign-off and will be staying there, so unfortunately updated photos before this item ships will not be possible. If the gallery is updated or a blog post is put up with a production piece it will be after people have it in hand as the piece that we will be able to photograph would be part of all the pieces arriving in house at the same time.

The lack of info and pics after all the delay is why I've waited to order this one. I hope the in-hand pics aren't disappointing cuz I have high hopes for the final sculpt.

Worrying that Alex did not comment whether Sideshow themselves were happy with it!!! Is this regular or just a one off with this statue?

J

Well I guess it's finally coming....everybody cross their fingers it didn't change any for the worse. At least they did change the way too silver looking piping on the sides of the suit. As for the rest we are all just hoping and waiting for the final photos :pray:

Worrying that Alex did not comment whether Sideshow themselves were happy with it!!! Is this regular or just a one off with this statue?

J

Can anyone ask Alex directly? Realizing that no one at SS is going to say it awful, but we might be able to read between the lines. Hopefully he say's he thinks its awesome! More likely, however, he never got to personally lay eyes on it...

Can anyone ask Alex directly? Realizing that no one at SS is going to say it awful, but we might be able to read between the lines. Hopefully he say's he thinks its awesome! More likely, however, he never got to personally lay eyes on it...

Alex is a chick.

Why would SSC send their only production piece to DC for approval without looking at it first? I would think they would at least ask to see pictures from the factory before shipping it to the licensor for approval. How do they respond to questions from DC without seeing the piece they sent them. This is DC we received your Man of Steel Statue and we have a question about some asthetic choices. SSC employee what details, I am not sure i can help you with this because we never saw the statue we sent you and therefore don't know what it looks like or even what you are referring too.

Last edited:
Back