Premium Format Sideshow Sucker Punch BABYDOLL PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't understand why a lot of you get's all worked up. What has the past learned us? That something that's looks awesome turns out a disaster (Rogue, Ultron) and other things that looks ordinary/average/doll/crap/boring turns out to be grails or skyrocket on eBay (GG SP). Pictures - especially pictures from the maker - says nothing. The only thing that counts for anything is to see the status irl. Never the less this thread will proabply hit 10.000 posts before the pf is released and another 10.000 after release. We all need a life ...............some more than others.

But we are collectors. We all share a love for these awesome things. When something new is coming - we get excited. Why? Because we are collectors.

What else should we do than be excited? Sit in a corner and be skeptics all day? This piece is still into the future. If it should disappoint, then we'll have lots of time to complain about that post-release. Until then, there's absolutely no reason to not be excited. This piece looks great.

I'm with Chris, what's the point of dwelling on if something will come out looking like crap or not. Seriously, WHAT"S THE POINT?!

She's a great sculpt with everything going for her ATM.

It beats being like:

"Oh, Vampirella looks cool but she'll probably come out like crap"

"Oh, Lady Death looks cool but she'll probably come out like crap"

"Oh, RingWaith on Steed looks cool but he'll probably come out like crap"

That's a horrible attitude to have...

But we are collectors. We all share a love for these awesome things. When something new is coming - we get excited. Why? Because we are collectors.

What else should we do than be excited? Sit in a corner and be skeptics all day? This piece is still into the future. If it should disappoint, then we'll have lots of time to complain about that post-release. Until then, there's absolutely no reason to not be excited. This piece looks great.

:goodpost:

I agree with you 100%, Chris! :clap :duff :clap

I'm with Chris, what's the point of dwelling on if something will come out looking like crap or not. Seriously, WHAT"S THE POINT?!

She's a great sculpt with everything going for her ATM.

It beats being like:

"Oh, Vampirella looks cool but she'll probably come out like crap"

"Oh, Lady Death looks cool but she'll probably come out like crap"

"Oh, RingWaith on Steed looks cool but he'll probably come out like crap"

That's a horrible attitude to have...

:exactly: :lecture

I won't subscribe to that type of negative attitude.

Last edited:
People who sit at home and worry their butts off on how paint is going to look, and don't order because of that fear, well too bad for them. It will be their loss.

You CAN get a refund if you are unhappy. But if you just wait all together, be ready to double pay.

People who sit at home and worry their butts off on how paint is going to look, and don't order because of that fear, well too bad for them. It will be their loss.

You CAN get a refund if you are unhappy. But if you just wait all together, be ready to double pay.

Some people have nothing better to do but worry and complain about how bad a paint app might look, BuffyGirl. :lol

Yeah, we all have enough to worry and stress about in real life, why try to bring it into the very thing that we do to have fun and enjoy? Collecting...

For some people, they have a hard and stressfull day at work, and after that long day, they come home to enjoy their collections, or go on this forum and they get to forget the real world for awhile.

It's these little things that we all enjoy, and bringing negativity or cynisism in here makes little sense to me...

P.S. Let's wait till the product comes out before we drag it though the mud don't ya think? Lol.

Last edited:
You know, I keep looking at this photo and I find myself wondering what this is that I'm looking at. It's so hard to tell. Could this be part of the hidden magazines? Or just part of the leather straps? Anybody have any educated guesses? :dunno

Whatever it is, it's behind the katana scabbard...

300127_press10-001.jpg

I certainly have concern now with my last 4 PF's being damaged but as long as SS maintains their return policy I will not give in to my fear. When its good, its really good and worth the risk. If there is one thing I have learned over the 10 years I have bought from SS is that you never which item will be a grail. I have also learned to just buy what I like and avoid buying just because it might be the next big thing.

I certainly have concern now with my last 4 PF's being damaged but as long as SS maintains their return policy I will not give in to my fear. When its good, its really good and worth the risk. If there is one thing I have learned over the 10 years I have bought from SS is that you never which item will be a grail. I have also learned to just buy what I like and avoid buying just because it might be the next big thing.

:goodpost:

Spot on about Sideshow, their return/replacement policy is tiptop, i never feel an ounce of worry about losing out if my orders with them.

The Lara Croft PF looks to have turned out great which is a very good sign.

About the Grail thing i agree, i had ordered Skaar becuase is got caught up in the hype of the sale. I like it, it looks amazing but i'm just not that into the character and didn't have anywhere to put him so i cancelled, i'm glad someones WL converted though.

I find it a real shame though that someone who LOVES Skaar misses out because they started after it went up, and can't afford it on the aftermarket because it's probable a bunch who ordered did so to flip it lately for double the price because they saw a grail in the making. Same with the Batpod, Hot Toys is going to reissue it likely becuase flippers are charging 5 times the price and newer customers won't pay that.

Last edited:
What 4 PF's did you receive damaged?

Ok, my last three items
Smashed Pyslocke PF due to crack
Smashed Rogue PF because she was so ugly
New She Hulk head because hair was broken
Cyclops was ok
Beast comiquette hand magnet didnt work
Morrigan PF arm was broken off
Wolverine PF arm chipped
Gambit was ok
Legolas PF Bow broken
Lightsaber did not light on Yoda/Trooper PF, Anakin PF or Luke PF.

that just some history, vader life size bust had lazy eye and scratched helmet, X23 broken shoe lace, Hulk v Surfer helmet magnet was broke

I find it a real shame though that someone who LOVES Skaar misses out because they started after it went up, and can't afford it on the aftermarket because it's probable a bunch who ordered did so to flip it lately for double the price because they saw a grail in the making. Same with the Batpod, Hot Toys is going to reissue it likely becuase flippers are charging 5 times the price and newer customers won't pay that.

Exactly, as soon as SS realizes it was a grail, they find ways to make version 2.0 and 3.0 and 4.0 putting severe pressure on prior releases. The original Avengers sell good now but it wouldnt be surprised if after the movie the their prices start to fall in favor of the new movie versions. What comes to mind is the original Spiderman PF sold really high but when the new comiquette came out he is back to normal, just trends I notice.

Ok, my last three items
Smashed Pyslocke PF due to crack
Smashed Rogue PF because she was so ugly
New She Hulk head because hair was broken
Cyclops was ok
Beast comiquette hand magnet didnt work
Morrigan PF arm was broken off
Wolverine PF arm chipped
Gambit was ok
Legolas PF Bow broken
Lightsaber did not light on Yoda/Trooper PF, Anakin PF or Luke PF.

that just some history, vader life size bust had lazy eye and scratched helmet, X23 broken shoe lace, Hulk v Surfer helmet magnet was broke

Ouch! Sorry to hear about all that.

Back