1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great ����

Looks very well Tali. Great job.

Looks great. Can we get some shots next to a standard HT Stormtrooper for comparison?

:duff

Here's a quick pic, though the HT stormie has a bit of a no-neck issue (I usually have it displayed with the Marmit helmet) and the HT Snowie is about 1/4" too short in the legs area for it to look proportionately correct. The HT Snowie is about 11 3/4" tall. As I mentioned, the TIE pilot is now around 12" to the top of the mohawk.

Both HT figs are unaltered other than the leg padding removed on the Snowie.

VRqrHL2.jpg

Looks better after the mods TaliBane. I’d still like to pick this figure up. I just have a feeling that when I finally decide to that Hot Toys will come out with one and like you some aspects of it I don’t like such as the gloves and boots. Overall though I feel like it’s one of Sideshow’s better efforts.

The SSC boots are fine, though I'll probably paint them gloss black. The gloves sculpt I don't like, but its more about the finish on the boots I'm not a huge fan of, though it's nowhere near as bothersome as the gloves are.

And HT is not perfect either - I really don't like the HT stormie helmet sculpt with its many inaccuracies, and the fact that it has more in common with the old Sideshow 1/6 stormie helemt sculpt than the screen costume helmet. I'm currently building a stunt 1/6 stormie helmet to replace my HT stormie helmet.

So the idea that if HT does it, we'll all be happy is false. While the HT ESB Vader helmet has potential, I'm still not a huge fan of the HT Vader facemask, or even the HT ROTJ Fett helmet.

While I'd love to see what HT would do with a TIE pilot, the reality is, the HT stormie helmet has major inaccuracies in the "chin" area the same as the SSC TIE pilot does, so there's no guarantee HT would nail it either. And look at the truly awful HT Death Star Gunner hands, which to me look even worse than the SSC TIE hands. And the SSC TIE jumpsuit is notiecably superior to the HT Gunner jumpsuit.

Also, what did you use for the body? And did you have to do any tailoring for the suit?

The body is a franken body using parts I had. The legs are shortened versions of one of the new Sideshow bodies (so the ankle ball joints would fit) and the upper body has Dragon and Hasbro parts. I find with figs like the TIE and ATAT driver where the helmet should almost rest on the shoulders, you really have to customize bodies to make them look right.

And no, I just ensured the jumpsuit was tethered to the ankles and wrists when the gloves and boots were put on and it hangs fine unaltered.

One of the issues with the jumpsuit is that the pockets tend to pull the jumpsuit out wide (due to multiple layers of fabric) so you need the legs to be thinned in those areas, and the stock SSC body has thunder thighs.

Does anyone have the EX pistol from this for sale?

The same footage was used in both ANH and ROTJ. Both the old Medi and the Marmit are the unpainted "background" helmets just as the SSC. Only the close up helmets from inside the TIE-fighter had the extra highlights.

If I'm not totally mistaken and have it backwards the pilots in ROTJ had an extra hose on the breathing apparatus that the newer Medicom Backstabber has but not the SSC version.

I recently saw some call sheets from ROTJ and it does seem they did indeed film some TIE pilot cockpit material for ROTJ. Its bizarre because the footage in ROTJ looks identical to the ANH stuff. maybe it was just insert shots or something.

Does anyone have the EX pistol from this for sale?

I recently saw some call sheets from ROTJ and it does seem they did indeed film some TIE pilot cockpit material for ROTJ. Its bizarre because the footage in ROTJ looks identical to the ANH stuff. maybe it was just insert shots or something.
I picked up a blaster from a member on here. PM me if you want more details.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Finally picked up a TIE pilot for dirt cheap and, I have to admit, I love it. Like a lot of SSC figs, they look much better in hand than they do in people's pics. Sure they have inaccuracies, but so do HT troopers, and this guy and the AT-AT pilot are underrated and worth having imo.
IMG-4932.jpg

IMG-4934.jpg

IMG-4936.jpg

IMG-4938.jpg

IMG-4939.jpg

It is an excellent figure. Only nit to pick is perhaps the thin waist but it is certainly not a deal-breaker.

Price could have been lower, considering the lack of accessories (not much to add to a pilot figure) but considering I got one for a good deal as well, all is good.

I passed on the AT-AT Driver but wouldn't mind picking one up as well.

The thin waist ins't as noticeable in hand, but I wonder if one of those undersuits would fill it out better. I'm not sure if the belt can take the bulkier waist. I can't remember now if others had done that.

The thin waist ins't as noticeable in hand, but I wonder if one of those undersuits would fill it out better. I'm not sure if the belt can take the bulkier waist. I can't remember now if others had done that.

Like this...

I unpacked this figure and I really like it. I'm no Paramore or Rory, but I hope the pics suffice.

First up, the thing bothering most is the waist. It does seem a little tiny. The belt, as mentioned earlier, is designed so it can't be extended. As you can see from the below pic it is one long piece with a notch at the other end to clip the buckle onto. If you moved the notch, the other hole would be visible.

47922b049a8cf512a681fbdcadd8bf23_zpsxrzxuhp1.jpg

You can also see from this pic, the suit itself seems to have some inner elastic around the waist also pulling it in.

d9f26a1541de3dc70e064fd6615ef8e5_zpswh2wedpn.jpg

The body itself seem to have bigger thighs and a small waist too.

But all is not lost. The belt is pretty pliable. I gently stretched it until it had a little more give and then I put some tissue around the waist of the figure to give a bit more thickness to the waist (and a very slight paunch :lol). I think it turned out ok.

8aa8221885cb302bac4b7e3bd60035cd_zpst2xwtxjy.jpg

8c2ac9a005ccc9bb677f60eabcaf3c09_zpsrh7nsqb2.jpg

442786d2091282f0e4a12d9e5120274c_zpsjm8dsosr.jpg

101b87e29ba20e7039674cf2ee468e40_zpspjszjb8e.jpg

The eyes get lost in the pics as the gloss on the helmet is pretty high, but they look ok in hand. Tinted instead of painted would be better, but it's not the end of the world. I really like the tailoring on the suit and the gloves and boots, while rubber, have a nice look of weathered and worn leather. The logo's look good and there is a little communicator on the wrist.

Now, bucket comparisons. Below is the tie bucket against the Sideshow Sandtrooper and the Hot Toys Stormtrooper.

b6807f0bf5c36c0398321a590fc1b393_zpsqe9cktvk.jpg

fec18d1bbb83ace9c05df0316ab9f472_zpst60vqq1p.jpg

bdace5efdaf0bdfe3a29116275458680_zpss1jefziy.jpg

aa2bcdf3eaae15f6367fc152202df176_zpso8za9oii.jpg

Normally I like to do some macro shots of the heads but unfortunatley mine has some paint QC issues (chipped in quite a few spots) so I'm not posting any of those. I've already shot some pics off to Sideshow. It did have an "inspected by customs" sticker from one of it's stops (Singapore I think) and looked to have been roughly put back together so I'm not sure if they knocked it around or it was damaged from the start. Regardless, I know sideshow will help me out.

Lastly a full body shot alongside those other 2 troopers.

6c0739a09cb2fdfe84064e887ba58284_zpsei2nabio.jpg

3 years later and the belt is still holding. Man time goes by quick.

MznODWF.jpg

Thanks. I'm a rubbish modder. No skills at all. But this was a really easy one and adds that little extra.

Great pics Momaw and DR37.

It's a pity about the size of the Sideshow astromechs - they always seem a bit undersized in every pic I see of R2, R5D4 and the Imperial driods.:(

The Imp Pilot is a bit on the tall side so maybe that's emphasizing the shortness a bit though.

Great pics Momaw and DR37.

It's a pity about the size of the Sideshow astromechs - they always seem a bit undersized in every pic I see of R2, R5D4 and the Imperial driods.:(

The Imp Pilot is a bit on the tall side so maybe that's emphasizing the shortness a bit though.

Thanks. I’ve got several R2/R5 units and yeah, they’re a bit undersized but I like what they bring to the display :)
The helmet-on-helmet look is what gives the pilots that extra height. Shoulders appear to be the same height when standing next to another trooper... maybe a bit taller.

Looking good! I never got around to picking up that Rogue One Tie Pilot figure. How is the flight suit material holding up?

Thank you. The flight suit is perfectly fine. It’s a nylon-type material opposed to the pleather that i initially thought it would be before I got it. I really can’t see anything bad ever happening to it.

Back