Sideshow Star Wars ROTJ LUKE - ENHANCED!!! (Tons of pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madden821 said:
I was saying the head didn't look like Luke I wasn't criticizing the work he did to put it together... He didn't sculpt or paint the head.

I'm aware he didn't sculpt or paint the head, and I wasn't referring to your post either. I was referring to the one I quoted above (by coolkansaswind). Sorry to get everyone in an uproar.

I AM in an uproar. I can't eat. I can't sleep. My whole world is crumbling. Or maybe I'm just lightening the thread when people get all antsy with this annonymous Al Gore "intranet" invention.

It's a great Luke. Some like the head sculpt more than the SS version. Others disagree. That's (to quote Stuart Smalley) OK.

What's not OK is to fire off insults when people express opinions--- it's infantile and others called you on it. Accept it and move on. I have--- look, I'm eating a bagel!!!

I work for the government.:D But I'm not cool either.

DarthNeil said:
I AM in an uproar. I can't eat. I can't sleep. My whole world is crumbling. Or maybe I'm just lightening the thread when people get all antsy with this annonymous Al Gore "intranet" invention.

It's a great Luke. Some like the head sculpt more than the SS version. Others disagree. That's (to quote Stuart Smalley) OK.

What's not OK is to fire off insults when people express opinions--- it's infantile and others called you on it. Accept it and move on. I have--- look, I'm eating a bagel!!!

I work for the government.:D But I'm not cool either.

haha touche. what kinda bagel?!

bagelsncheesey said:
haha touche. what kinda bagel?!

:eek:

Take a look at what Adam did for his customized slave Leia. He took the head from a GG Leia as Boussh statue and fit the hair on to it. Now that's a phenomenal use of a GG sculpt to make an outstanding figure (the best customized slave Leia out there---as most of us just had the Hasbro head to use). I'm sure that when the GG slave Leia statue comes out there'll be plenty of people who will make sculpts from her head (I don't think anyone wants to chop off the head of what should be GG's best SW statue to date).

But let's get back to the :lightsabe We need a tutorial so that we can all replace our lifeless SS lightsabers for ones that actually work!

Interesting custom. I never liked the GG headsculpt, never thought it was close to Mark but I do appalud your creativeness. :clap

bagelsncheesey said:
MaulFan- That, to me, is not "constructive criticism", nor is it polite. And that quote is what I was referring to in my original post. No need for everybody to get up in arms.

Either way, great job once again Duckgoo. I'm not gonna hijack a thread over a right or wrong issue. Keep up the good work.

Well you're right that that comment wasn't constructive or polite, but perhaps you'd have been better off quoting that in the first place instead of stating in such a way as to say multiple people were talking like morons. Either way, I'm just trying to encourage that we don't attack each other for our opinions and start throwing around name calling, that's when things blow up and get out of hand, it's fine to say, I wouldn't listen to the negative comments I'm seeing here, I think you've done a great job and keep it up, that makes the point and keeps out of the other posters' business.

Let's all move on. Lesson learned. Let's try and keep this moving in a positive direction, hmmm?

WE NEED A TUTORIAL FOR THE :lightsabe

Not loud enough?:D

Duckgoo said:
luke0.jpg
That sculpt grows on me... Like I said, I like it a lot, but the SSC Jedi Luke is closer to what we have seen in RotJ... And THIS Luke, reminds me of how I've seen him several times on the covers of EU books. This Luke looks slightly older than the one we know from RotJ. So again I say, well done! For me, this is THE EU Luke!

I think you can only use Hasbro sabers to do it his way. To me that is the killer part of it.

If someone could make a SS saber ignite, I would be all over that.

DarthNeil said:
Point me in the direction my friend.

Wouldn't do you any good. The pics are gone from that old thread and I I don't think he actually ever posted "how" to do it.

pixletwin said:
Wouldn't do you any good. The pics are gone from that old thread and I I don't think he actually ever posted "how" to do it.
I have seen one before and it did have a link to an on-line store that sold the necessary lights---- however the key colours were long since sold out and there wasn't really a how-to so I thought there might have been an earlier thread that I missed.

Shame if it can only be done with the Hasbro massive saber hilts. Those are so big that I heard people have used them in the PF Grievous cape and they looked fine for the 1/4 scale...

I like what you've done with the figure. I still prefer the original sculpt... but I think the GG one works with a smaller body and is probably more true 1/6 than the Sideshow noggin.

And as always your lightsabers shots are really great!

Too bad the thread has to degenerate into a debate on the etiquette of posting critiques. Probably why these are usually posted in the custom section... you might want start your own thread do that since you've been at this awhile.

galactiboy said:
Too bad the thread has to degenerate into a debate on the etiquette of posting critiques. Probably why these are usually posted in the custom section... you might want start your own thread do that since you've been at this awhile.

What G-boy said. :rock :rock

pixletwin said:
Yes, that's right. He said his English wasn't good enough to explain it in words, so he posted the pix. If they are gone here, you should try the Chinese Star Wars Forum. I think the guy that did the tutorial usually posts there. Maybe you can contact him.

https://www.chinese-starwars.com/engindex.htm

Back