Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man Comiquette - Waitlist links available in 1st post.

Woah avbat...thats scary....SS is resorting to some totally disturbing tactics....

As for mine...i opened it last night...all is well as for paint and damage...one of his eyes does have a slight black rub mark on the side corner...no biggie. Here is my problem...the peg on the bottom foot is not aligned properly...

Do i:
a. Bend peg risking breaking foot
B. Cut peg clean off
C. Drill new hole

So I spoke to "my rep" at SSC yesterday.
I had initially sent Spidey back because of smudges on the face and the body, but I had only specified the face though, being that it was on the most noticeable part of the figure. But my rep confirmed my suspicions about my replacement when I called her out on it yesterday ( dumb-- de-dumb--dumb-- DUMB!)

After saying something to my rep about it, she confessed to me that they had taken my spidey out of the box, touched up his face w/ red paint and then shipped him back to me.

Part of the reason I am upset about this is that when I had initially arranged the return I was told I might have to keep art of the statue and just have part of it replaced. I told her I didn't like that and that I thought i deserved a whole new piece and she said " thats totally understandable and I have placed a replacement on hold for you" So I was promised a whole new piece, but was sent the exact same statue, and now one of the fingers is cracked/broken!
This is seriously horrible I am so pissed. I just want to be happy w/ the piece, but SSC is making that really hard.

Deception and chicanery! :lecture

Shame on you Sideshow. :mad:

Woah avbat...thats scary....SS is resorting to some totally disturbing tactics....

As for mine...i opened it last night...all is well as for paint and damage...one of his eyes does have a slight black rub mark on the side corner...no biggie. Here is my problem...the peg on the bottom foot is not aligned properly...

Do i:
a. Bend peg risking breaking foot
B. Cut peg clean off
C. Drill new hole

Canolli - are you sure the peg on his foot is mis-aligned? The reason I ask is because I had some difficulty putting Spidey on the wall. The trick is to put both the foot peg and the magnet hand on the wall at the same time. Maybe that will work for you?

Canolli - are you sure the peg on his foot is mis-aligned? The reason I ask is because I had some difficulty putting Spidey on the wall. The trick is to put both the foot peg and the magnet hand on the wall at the same time. Maybe that will work for you?

I was quite surprised the other night whenever I was putting Carnage on the pegs how close his foot is to the base, you could easily rub the paint on that section.

:huh Southern Cali?, trying to see if they are sending overseas the crap service that I'm hearing about.

The rep told me that they "repainted" the face of my Spiderman in the warehouse here in CA, then just shipped it right back. All parts of my return were handled in CA at SSC headquarters according to my rep.

The rep told me that they "repainted" the face of my Spiderman in the warehouse here in CA, then just shipped it right back. All parts of my return were handled in CA at SSC headquarters according to my rep.

Damn :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

This is really ____ty of SSC, you should have a new piece, especially if requested by the buyer. I don't get it, maybe they ARE out of replacements and they are just trying to pull one over on you.

Yea they told me they are out and they can offer me a new one POSSIBLY when they get more in, when I already had to wait for them to get the last batch in before i shipped the original one to them. And I never even got that replacement I was supposedly waiting for!

Yea i was amazed myself...i was trying for like an hour last night to get it to fit...feel kinda dum but it fits! Crappy iphone pics to come!

Well, that's just balls.

On the one hand, it speaks to the demand of this piece...

...but, on the other hand, there's no excuse for Sideshow not to have an ample supply of "backups" ready for what could be - and apparantly is - a steady onslaught of returns. :gah:

Hey Thorne, CANADA sucks :lecture

Tryin' to start somethin'??

Well, America is just Canada's underpants! :pfft:
(Not even doing a good job at that, what with the wang hanging out way down south... :lol )

Tryin' to start somethin'??

Well, America is just Canada's underpants! :pfft:
(Not even doing a good job at that, what with the wang hanging out way down south... :lol )

images
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

just+kidding.jpg

its-a-chicken-one-just-kidding-its-queef.jpg

Well, that's just balls.

On the one hand, it speaks to the demand of this piece...

...but, on the other hand, there's no excuse for Sideshow not to have an ample supply of "backups" ready for what could be - and apparantly is - a steady onslaught of returns. :gah:
If a bit more time was taken initially to do it correctly, none of this crapola would be an issue, and could save everyone a lot of time and money in the long run, including SS.

Awesomeness. :hi5:

Seriously, though, I've got a lot of American friends who've never been up here before and when they visit, they're stunned at how nice it is.

I just tell them that it's because with one-tenth the population in twice the land-mass, we've got plenty of room to breathe up here.

Now, if we could just do something to get some running water...

...y'know, so long as it won't melt our igloos. :gah:

:lol

If a bit more time was taken initially to do it correctly, none of this crapola would be an issue, and could save everyone a lot of time and money in the long run, including SS.

Aha.... the old "measure twice, cut once" philosophy.

Very true.

However, the sad part is if you're outsourcing the labor, you get what you pay for.
And I'm pretty sure I don't really need to tell you, huh? :wink1:

Back