1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow gotta be reminded there is competition on the 12" market now. We'd have probably jumped on this back in 2012. Now we've seen what HT can do with it, there is not a chance they can push this botched attempt on us.

Thanks for the comp pics, JediJim - I also pasted up some rotated pics of both figs for comparison.

If SSC redoes the helmet, there's still hope for their figure.

33ufouw.png

2rcshzm.png

I'm pretty sure something happened in transport to the mask -- squished or somehow separated from the goggles -- and that's not the way you would receive your snowtrooper commander.

I'm pretty sure something happened in transport to the mask -- squished or somehow separated from the goggles -- and that's not the way you would receive your snowtrooper commander.

You'd just think a SSC employee would have noticed such a glaring issue as they set up/futzed the very first reveal of their new figure. A fig they must have known would be compared side-by-side to the previewed HT figure.

Surely that cant be the finished figure.. it looks nothing like the item for PO (I know thats the prototype)... where are the knee pads for a start, also says its a fabric breather on the mask. This picture looks like its badly molded plastic

Also SS still shows the figure as a HT manufactured figure, so I wonder if SS are doing their own version

Surely that cant be the finished figure.. it looks nothing like the item for PO (I know thats the prototype)... where are the knee pads for a start, also says its a fabric breather on the mask. This picture looks like its badly molded plastic

Also SS still shows the figure as a HT manufactured figure, so I wonder if SS are doing their own version

Good post. :lol

The one up for preorder on SSC is the HT Snowtrooper. This one is Sideshow's Snowtrooper Commander figure.

This comparison shows just how awful that SSC sculpt is :horror WTF!!!
image.jpg

It quite obvious which one of the above is better.
image.jpg

The more I look at it the more it looks like a quickly made rough prototype. Let's hope it is

The more I look at it the more it looks like a quickly made rough prototype. Let's hope it is

Yeah if you look at it closely, it's possible that what happened is they misaligned the goggles when they glued it to the helmet causing the "drooped eyes." You can see that the goggles appear to be noticeably tilted upwards instead of being straight vertically.

This error looks like it then meant the rubbery cowl/shroud part couldn't be glued to the outer sides of the goggles because it was standing too far out, causing the "sunken cheeks" look, and narrowing the whole cowl in the process - giving it the Scream mask look overall.

It's possible if the goggles were re-glued straight, the cowl could be properly fitted and the whole helmet would look way better. The goggles sculpt isn't quite screen accurate, but neither are the HT snowie goggles.

There's other issues with the figure - like the breastplate being a bit elongated and the gloves being too fat, but the helmet is half the problem with the overall look.

Yeah if you look at it closely, it's possible that what happened is they misaligned the goggles when they glued it to the helmet causing the "drooped eyes." You can see that the goggles appear to be noticeably tilted upwards instead of being straight vertically.

This error looks like it then meant the rubbery cowl/shroud part couldn't be glued to the outer sides of the goggles because it was standing too far out, causing the "sunken cheeks" look, and narrowing the whole cowl in the process - giving it the Scream mask look overall.

It's possible if the goggles were re-glued straight, the cowl could be properly fitted and the whole helmet would look way better. The goggles sculpt isn't quite screen accurate, but neither are the HT snowie goggles.

There's other issues with the figure - like the breastplate being a bit elongated and the gloves being too fat, but the helmet is half the problem with the overall look.

It begs the question, why did they even bother to put this on display in the first place? I just don't get Sideshow. They really don't do themselves any favours with the collector community.

Oof the comparison between the Hot Toys and Sideshow just makes the Sideshow version look awful. I don't think I can justify it unless it looks a lot better. Especially since I'm sure it'll be at least as much as the AT-AT Driver ($210) if not more.

It begs the question, why did they even bother to put this on display in the first place? I just don't get Sideshow. They really don't do themselves any favours with the collector community.

My guess is they are in "fading out 1/6" mode and have less staff to pay attention to these details.

Oof the comparison between the Hot Toys and Sideshow just makes the Sideshow version look awful. I don't think I can justify it unless it looks a lot better. Especially since I'm sure it'll be at least as much as the AT-AT Driver ($210) if not more.

Yeah, this will be $220+

Sideshow either needs to get it together or give up in my opinion. I don't see why people buy their overpriced subpar figures. It's not like this is an exception either as they're pretty consistent on under delivering. Especially with what they charge now days it's just dumb. I've tried giving them chances but it seems like I always am somewhat disappointed.

Sideshow either needs to get it together or give up in my opinion. I don't see why people buy their overpriced subpar figures. It's not like this is an exception either as they're pretty consistent on under delivering. Especially with what they charge now days it's just dumb. I've tried giving them chances but it seems like I always am somewhat disappointed.

They should just let Hot Toys go ahead with their Snowtrooper Commander. As Hot Toy's distributor they might make more money than releasing their own. I will put a PO on Hot Toys on day one. I won't get this one.

Back