Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, new boots on, pants adjusted, visor trimmed and glued onto the alternate head to make it more proportionate. Think I'm finally happy.

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Sure. Got a little glue slop to clean up later at the edges of the visor and I need to finally adhere the neck of his shirt to the body itself so the rough edges won't be poking out anymore, but I'm almost done.

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

I mean I get why they're there, so it looks like it's a separate piece instead of just something attached to his mask, but I'm not a fan of them myself. Makes it look a little awkward.

Cheapest I've seen is $10 ($9.95) which I think is a good price; they're here:

https://www.j-p-hobbies.com/products.asp?cat=546

I got a pair of these recently and put them on my SE, with a little black paint on the cut edges of the opening behind the laces they look really good and perfectly in scale.

I think it's silly when people take issue with plastic/sculpted boots but use sculpted gloves. It doesn't make much sense. :lol

The problem with sculpted boots is poseability. I can get far better poses out of cloth boots. If they can get the scale of the fabric down then cloth boots are my preference. I've yet to see a 1/6 cloth glove that looked acceptable so until they do, companies will give us multiple hands and I'll just overlook the discrepancy.

I really freakin' love the cloth boots. And if they are futz well enough, most of them seem to look pretty good.

The thing that I hate about them is when they fall apart when I am trying to get them just right.

It only happened to me twice, but one pair was ACI and I was heartbroken...those things are expensive.

I like those. I haven't tried New Line yet.

At least, I don't think.

Are they easier to get than ACI?

It almost seems to me that ACI does limited runs like Sideshow does for figures.

They're availble for awhile, then they'll dry up for awhile.

Monkeydepot has some right now. Gijoeelite has some too I think.

They always go out of stock but always come back. Like herpes.

$20 a pop though.

Back