Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boochy, yeah, I got the same PDF form, tho when I got it, I was already 1 week into Build Stage :lol

I had of course covered my requirements earlier, but I think this is now an update in their overall process, just to make sure that it's all agreed on and nothing is floating around in various emails.
So basically, what is said in the PDF, is what happens. Even tho QMx has been around for a few years, various processes are all new for them, so they have had a few growing pains. Still, it's all good, pretty much working out in the end.
Mind you, that 2-3 week build stage, can sometimes take a little longer, since I pasted the 3 week point a day or so ago :lol

Edit: You got to remember tho Yama, it's not actually QMx that is building them, it's FX Co and I have a feeling they don't yet have a super handle on how things always plan out. I'm pretty sure they are more use to just making a 1 off for a movie and making a 1000 is something very new.

You got to remember tho Yama, it's not actually QMx that is building them, it's FX Co and I have a feeling they don't yet have a super handle on how things always plan out. I'm pretty sure they are more use to just making a 1 off for a movie and making a 1000 is something very new.

Yeah, it's not a huge deal. I was trying to type it up in such a way as to not sound like I was spewing negativity, but I don't think I did a very good job.
The delay itself was not much of a bother, but I had hoped for an email reply that felt like less of a "canned response". If I had received something like "I checked with so-and-so and there was a delay because of such and such" I would have been perfectly satisfied.

someday, we will all post pics of our serenity and tell everyone how much we love her. then unexplainably, at some point, she will probably turn on us and leave us feeling like crap...

Sorry for not being in the discussion for a few days. The company that assembled my ship has sent new (painted) flaps to me (without screws), and on top of that, also sent painted screws in case I wanted to use them on the old flaps. The also sent some antenna replacements. I am happy that QMx has taken the initiative to try and improve these problems.

I am currently figuring out how I would like to attach the flaps to the ship. While gluing them would certainly be the easiest method, I am playing around with the thought of using magnets (hidden under the flap.) I will update once I figure out which direction I am going.

The only other little issue that I see with the ship is the lighting near the Serenity logo. On the series and even in the gallery views from QMx, the light right next to the logo on the ship is a "constant on" type of light. With the model build, they changed it to a flashing light. This makes no sense as the light is there to illuminate the logo. I can't see any way that they would be able to fix this though. Whoever did the electronics simply goofed. I would imagine any shipped versions have the same mistake, only because the electronics were all likely diagrammed the same way.

sorry to go back this far in the thread, but what was the ultimate outcome with the flaps? are all the new builds now coming with the flaps without screw holes and using pegs that are hidden underneath?

sorry to go back this far in the thread, but what was the ultimate outcome with the flaps? are all the new builds now coming with the flaps without screw holes and using pegs that are hidden underneath?

I sent that question via twitter to QMx and they said that the standard is to use the pegs now (no screws) unless the customer specifically requests screws.

Don't know if these have been discussed or shared but i though no harm in putting it in an existing thread.

Part of QMX's "Big Damn Heroes Animated Maquettes"

She's 6" tall by 6" wide (the base itself measures 5"x7"x1") and she'll be a limited edition of 1,000 pieces which'll retail for $69.95.
River should start shipping 'round September.

no clue if SSC will be selling it.

serenitythingiesmall.jpg

Well, that River is an interesting turn of events. It looks good for what it is, but above anything else, what I've always wanted, is that pose, with a great Summer likeness and done as a 1/4 scale PF.
So for now, I'm going to keep perusing that project, but now we have this, if all else fails.

And yes, the pegs are now the default for the reactor flaps, that's how the past few have shipped, so that all solves that little problem, no more screws.

My latest news is that she should be shipping next week.

I have a feeling that they make a batch (around 20) and only once all are pretty much done, do they then ship them all out more or less in one lot.

In other words, it's not starting building a couple, OK, those are done, ship them out and continue building a couple more, etc, etc. It's all based on single batches. Starting build them, finish all in that batch, send them all out, get ready for the next batch.

My latest news is that she should be shipping next week.

I have a feeling that they make a batch (around 20) and only once all are pretty much done, do they then ship them all out more or less in one lot.

In other words, it's not starting building a couple, OK, those are done, ship them out and continue building a couple more, etc, etc. It's all based on single batches. Starting build them, finish all in that batch, send them all out, get ready for the next batch.

glad to hear this, guru!

meanwhile, i :impatient: ...

damn, i haven't been in this thread for quite awhile and thought it would've been crammed full of pics of this great piece.:dunno
wth happened:gah:

Give me an extra couple of weeks (or more if customs ends up being a pain), then I should be able to flood you all with pics.

Seems it's going to take a little more then a couple of weeks :(

I've now passed 6 weeks of the 2-3 week build time and still no actual set shipping date, at this rate we just may get a whole new series before all 1000 are made :lol

Anyone else got any news?

Seems it's going to take a little more then a couple of weeks :(

I've now passed 6 weeks of the 2-3 week build time and still no actual set shipping date, at this rate we just may get a whole new series before all 1000 are made :lol

Anyone else got any news?

I got my email a little over five weeks ago that said "we'll start build within 1-2 weeks", but they haven't started yet.

OK, so not just me then.

I'm starting to wonder if they have run out of kit parts and the next lot haven't come in yet. That, or they are working on a big film project, and we got kicked down the priority queue.

Back