Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Yama, it really is like working through a layered cake unpacking it, isn't it. I made sure to flip it bit and keep it all together, so that I could put it all back correctly, while take photo's at each stage.

One thing of interest, yours was wrapped in plastic, mine was covered in the same paper that the stand was in.

And I see you went with both shuttles docked, seems almost everyone I've seen photo's of has been a little bit different.

Thanks guys, I'm glad the video is being enjoyed.

I made sure to flip it bit and keep it all together, so that I could put it all back correctly, while take photo's at each stage.

One thing of interest, yours was wrapped in plastic, mine was covered in the same paper that the stand was in.

And I see you went with both shuttles docked, seems almost everyone I've seen photo's of has been a little bit different.

Yeah, I carefully took pictures at each layer while unpacking everything. In the video I keep walking back to the right to carefully stack the packing in the order it was in the box. Then I repacked the box when I was finished.

I thought the plastic bag was interesting too. Every other BDR I've seen till now (5 or 6 total) had the paper like yours did. Getting it out of that plastic bag, without breaking anything, had my heart pounding painfully in my chest.

For the shuttles, my wife and I wanted it to look sleek and streamlined, so we just decided to have both shuttles docked.

....and I'm SOOOOoo glad they (FX Co) switched to using pegs on the reactor cover panels. The screws they used on some of the earlier BDRs just didn't fit the overall aesthetic of the ship.

EDIT: Here are some pics I took. I did it pretty quick and dirty, so they aren't that great, but oh well......
https://www.flickr.com/photos/50438957@N04/sets/72157624428314875/

Last edited:
Yeah, I carefully took pictures at each layer while unpacking everything. In the video I keep walking back to the right to carefully stack the packing in the order it was in the box. Then I repacked the box when I was finished.

haha, yup, I did exactly the same thing. I really hope I don't ever have to pack her back up, but at least I got all the reference photo's, just wouldn't be fun without them.

I thought the plastic bag was interesting too. Every other BDR I've seen till now (5 or 6 total) had the paper like yours did. Getting it out of that plastic bag, without breaking anything, had my heart pounding painfully in my chest.

It was a bit different, I wonder why the change and yeah, I too was wondering how and where to pick it up, looking for something solid that can lift it all out via. Took me a little time to size it all up and then go for it.

For the shuttles, my wife and I wanted it to look sleek and streamlined, so we just decided to have both shuttles docked.

Fair enough and it does look sleek. I just wanted a little more action, plus I can even take one shuttle off, thinking about maybe a little separate display base for it at times, and I wanted to see inside the docking bay, they did after all do all that work for it.

....and I'm SOOOOoo glad they (FX Co) switched to using pegs on the reactor cover panels. The screws they used on some of the earlier BDRs just didn't fit the overall aesthetic of the ship.

yeah, way way better without the screws, so glad I didn't get it first and that was changed for later shipping ones. Nice that the antenna's are metal as well, so only bend at worse.

So yeah, she's not cheap, but the quality is there.

I did another video that shows how the lights work and just goes over some more of the little details on the ship:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po_n3c-Be5Y

Hey Guru I have a question for you. Does your little remote sometimes take multiple clicks to get the Serenity lights to respond?

When we first got the ship, it responded to every single click on the remote. One click was all I needed, and I didn't even have to put the antenna up. Last night, while the video above was uploading to youtube, I decided to just stare at Serenity. So I plugged it into the wall, and clicked "on" for button 1. Nothing happened. I clicked a second time, still nothing, but the third click worked. Buttons 2, 3, and 4 worked on the first click, so I thought it was just a glitch. So then I clicked "off" on button 4. The lights didn't switch off. At that point none of the buttons would switch off any of the lights. After a few clicks, they all started working again.

Every click of the button turns on the little red light on the remote, so the remote at least thinks it's sending a signal. I replaced the battery in the remote and it didn't change the behavior.

It has trouble turning lights both on and off, so I don't think it is a power issue. I only plug Serenity into the wall outlet when I'm using it, then I unplug it again.

Everything is working, it just sometimes takes 3-4 clicks for the ship to respond. Have you seen this happen with your ship? It just seems weird to me that this suddenly started 2 days after I got the ship.

As long as I do press the button down fully, then no, it pretty much works just fine every time with antenna down as well

So just before sending this I gave it a run through and it all worked perfectly. When pressing the remote, do you hear the little click from Serenity as well?

Other then that, maybe give QMx a call, see what they say, could always send you another remote.

Every time that Serenity responds with a click, the lights respond appropriately. I know what you mean about pressing down fully on the buttons, they do require a firm press to "register a click". Since this issue cropped up last night, I double check to make sure the little red light comes on (on the remote) every time I press the button.

I think your right about trying a new remote. I sent an email to Beth, but maybe I'll go ahead and call her this afternoon.

As long as Serenity responds every time, then I think that's a good sign, sounds more like the remote, other then inside the ship, which would have sucked a lot more.

So yeah, with luck a new remote (I hear they have tonnes) will sort it all out.

Called Beth yesterday afternoon and left her a voicemail. I was afraid my email might not have been precise enough, so I offered to describe what was happening over the phone. Even though she was busy at SDCC she called me back within 2 minutes. Literally.
She has put the wheels in motion to get everything taken care of. She is going to ask the builder a few questions, but it looks like we are going to do the "replace the remote" route first. That is definitely the easiest first try.
I've done a little more experimentation and found that if I put the antenna up, on the remote, and hold it right over the mess hall, it works about 99% of the time. If I back away, it gets to be hit and miss.

hmm, really sounds like the remote just isn't putting out the signal all that well, so yeah, replacing it would by far be the easiest first step and with luck, no more steps will be required.

Back