Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rhino Comiquette - ON SALE NOW - use link in first post!

I just trying to find the right moment.:yess:

*rolleyes* off by a cent :thwak :lol

220px-2010_cent_obverse.png

:hi5:

I am thinking this Rhino is slightly better than the Skaar PF. The detail is beyond belief. Pablo Viaggiano is one talented sculptor.

huh? wtf? The sculptor is now: "•Osvaldo Tedesco (Sculpt) " urgh, did SSC just did a quick switcheroo on us? :slap

I am thinking this Rhino is slightly better than the Skaar PF. The detail is beyond belief. Pablo Viaggiano is one talented sculptor.

huh? wtf? The sculptor is now: "•Osvaldo Tedesco (Sculpt) " urgh, did SSC just did a quick switcheroo on us? :slap

Yeah I noticed that scam,I will cancel my pre orders and close my account with SideShow right now.:wave From now one I just buy ARH statues,can't wait for Moses.

Uh, I believe they did. Either way, a beaut! I like it better than Skaar too.

I think overall Skaar is a better sculpt then Rhino. Being under $400 helps too.

Rhino is also for pretty hardcore Spidey fans. Not sure how many are out there willing to drop that kind of cash on him. Even so I'll wait till after they give an edition size before springing for him.

Rhino is also for pretty hardcore Spidey fans. Not sure how many are out there willing to drop that kind of cash on him. Even so I'll wait till after they give an edition size before springing for him.

A bird just told me.

Reg = 1000
EX = 650

:wave

Yeah they switched the name out yesterday. Someone here on the forum said they looked the guy up and he's a sculptor out of Pablo's studio.

Scale looks perfect 1:4 scale to me. And as for anyone who thinks the neck is thin, his neck is much thicker than Spidey's entire head, so I wouldn't worry about any 'broken' pieces, especially since the head will be separate.

RhinoScale.jpg

Okay, that solves it! The Rhino's neck looks great and isn't too thin and the head is very proportional to the rest of the body! Photoshoppin' Spidey's head over the Rhino's neck proves this! LOL Nice try.:clap

Maybe this is really a sculpture of the Super Skrull and he's in-between morphing from the Rhino to Mr. Fantastic?

BB

650 huh, I'd be shocked if Rhino had the same amount of EX as the Spider-Man EX.

What kind of lighting are they using in the photos w Spiderman? The Spiderman colors (darker blue, glossier, etc) look different in the Rhino pic when compared to the photos here:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200065&ref=preview_page#!prettyPhoto[product_gallery]/6/

Yeah who ever takes their gallery photos and decides on the lighting is horrid. They have terrible lighting and make all the statues look really bad. The light on the Venom comiquette gallery pics was especially bad. It made a brilliant sculpt look terrible under the lighting. And it makes all the statues look overshiny while muting the colors. Look at Spidey's colors, he looks washed out compared to the actual statue.

ss_rhinocomparison.jpg

And you are certifiably INSANE if you think the proportions of the sculpt on the right look better than those on the left. It's a quick photoshop edit to show you how silly the head and neck look on the prototype. And I don't want to hear the words "artistic interpretation" or "haters gonna hate" bull____. Those are standard internet forum circle-jerk cop-outs. The Rhino is a stout, compact-built character who charges and runs into stuff. That tiny head wouldn't make it through drywall let alone a brick wall.

The sad thing is...if Sideshow previewed the one on the left you'd all be just as excited than you are now and still dropping bank on this piece.

Now give Buzzybean some love and start the campaign!

BB

My guess is ex will be 300-350, reg 500-600.

Back