Sideshow, please spare no expense with Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, the head size on her is fine. She has a big head.

hamilton-t2.jpg

I see people talking about their wishes for a Hoth Leia, so I thought what better time than now to bump this thread. :D

71pxug.jpg

Last edited:
I am definitley on the fence about whether we will see this figure this year. There are a few "depends on"'s to consider like whether they are committed to putting this figure on a female pro, and if so, if there is a female pro through developement.

My hope is for the figure, though.

But then, who am I kidding. I am happy with ANY Sideshow Star Wars 1:6 scale figure.

This is one where I wouldn't be too bummed about using the Buck... as she'd be well covered and as long as they can avoid the bobble head (which has plagued Leia) she could be a real winner.

This is actually the last Leia I really want for the collection.

The female buck contributes to the bobble head syndrome. If Sideshow doesn't want to make a new body, I would rather they use the new Hot Toys body. The clothing will be tailored for whatever body they choose. As we have found with the Prometheus, it is rare to swap bodies (any Hot Toys TT, Soldier Story S2, etc) and still have the clothing fit right. More often than not, there are problems, especially noticeable in the shoulders and arm sleeves. Besides, it is 2010. It's about time Sideshow get back with the program and retire the Buck that has been around since the 90's.

The female buck contributes to the bobble head syndrome. If Sideshow doesn't want to make a new body, I would rather they use the new Hot Toys body. The clothing will be tailored for whatever body they choose. As we have found with the Prometheus, it is rare to swap bodies (any Hot Toys TT, Soldier Story S2, etc) and still have the clothing fit right. More often than not, there are problems, especially noticeable in the shoulders and arm sleeves. Besides, it is 2010. It's about time Sideshow get back with the program and retire the Buck that has been around since the 90's.

There's no logic in that. Doing so would be a HUGE fail IMO, as Sideshow would likely slap that extra $40 right onto the $90 price tag, making Leia the most expensive figure yet. And your next post would be about how she's way overpriced in comparison to other SW releases. No thanks, not for that much. You want that, pick one up and port her over after she's released. For me, the female buck works perfectly fine for Leia.

Justin, I love your passion for perfect figures. But if a company actually catered to your every demand, the figures would cost $400 each . . .

When I was a kid, if my Mum had gone shopping and brought this figure home for me from Woolworth's I would have freaked out, and not in a good way.

When I was a kid, if my Mum had gone shopping and brought this figure home for me from Woolworth's I would have freaked out, and not in a good way.

I actually had the exact opposite reaction. Getting her for Christmas gave Han and Luke someone to rescue and once rescued, gave the team someone who could actually shoot and hit the stormtroopers. :p

With SDCC round the corner it would be nice if this was announced.

There's been barely any core characters in a while and SS has done next to nothing to celebrate ESB's anniversary. :monkey2

Leia was really hot in her Hoth getup in my opinion. I know everyone goes to the slave costume as the ultra sexy option, but she looked extremely pretty on Hoth for some reason.

I'd definitely like to see an awesome Hoth Leia from Sideshow. Their stuff has been really great lately so I think the time is right.

In the red dress? She was pretty hot, but she was in it for fewer than 5 minutes worth of screen time. She wore the Hoth outfit for the greater part of the film, so at the least, it should come first.

I second Hoth before Bespin. Besides appearing for most of the movie it just seems like it would be a better value figure. Including an alternate head, non gloved hands and a second pair of boots gives you a Bespin Escape variant. Throw in a blaster and breathing mask on top of that and you have the ultimate ESB Leia.

Back