Sideshow, please spare no expense with Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSC better take their time to get Hoth Leia right. Leia as Boushh and Princess Leia where fine, but I'll be in the first row of a riot if they don't get Hoth Leia right. I mean, all the visual information they need is there! In the movie! The Empire Strikes Back.

Please. Get. Hoth. Leia. Right. Sideshow.

I do too. It's shame Trevor missed out doing an ANH Leia. That is one I would be interested in purchasing as well, but I just can't get past the poor facial proportions on the sculpt (including it being oversized).

Carrie Fisher was at her prettiest in Empire so hopefully they don't muck it up.

you know..
i love the slave outfit..
but what really did it for me.. what really made me fall for her.. was the empire look. bespin in particular.

Even when other girls still had cooties..
Princess Leia was an exception.
:cool::monkey5

How badly we need three.
:chew:chew:chew

:lecture:lecture:lecture Correct-a-mundo!

I do too. It's shame Trevor missed out doing an ANH Leia. That is one I would be interested in purchasing as well, but I just can't get past the poor facial proportions on the sculpt (including it being oversized).

I initially thought the same way but after finally getting ANH Leia, I've really liked her. The outfit is probably the only downer but as far as the headsculpt, it does look nice and not too big. ( I think Boussh Leia's noggin is bigger and is on a taller body.) I would have only increased the size of her "hair" buns, if possible.

just wondering, which is SSC's spared no expense figure? and how has that figure hold up to today's standard?

I think Leia Boushh was that in her day, Probably Vader now. I think Boushh still holds up pretty well.

It came up in another thread about getting SSC to change things on figures in production, and it reminded me of one failure that I REALLY hope doesn't happen if/when Hoth Leia is made. NOOOOOO posed eyes, it limited Illum Padme and ANH Leia, I can't stand it. If the eyes could be posed by the collector, that'd be great, but fixed eye positions limit your pose and viewing options. Even the great Hot Toys BR Joker, sure it looks life-like, but go through the pictures of folks' collection with that one and see how fairly repetitive poses are because he only looks good from a few ways. I know looking straight out isn't great for some poses, but it can work for a far greater range than posed eyes.

Minivader, Sideshow claimed to spare no expense with ANH Luke. We all know how his tunic material changed at the last minute.

I wouldn't call him "horrible" at all. It's a decent enough figure, but he is definitely disappointing, especially from what was shown and promised when we ordered him. And for $80!

I know Krayt has alread re-posted it ad naseum, but Sideshow really should probably regret posting this:

Quote:
As you can see from the substantial costume and accessory list, we have set out to give Star Wars collectors the most comprehensive and iconic version of Luke Skywalker ever released in 12-inches! WE HAVE SPARED NO EXPENSE in tooling and fabrication to bring you the absolute best and most detailed Luke that we can offer, despite the rising cost of manufacturing overseas.

IMHO, from the tunic alone it is quite clear that they did not live up to this statement. That's why I for one am disappointed. :(

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1010605&postcount=2775

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28493&highlight=spared+expense&page=70

I wouldn't mind a sculpt of this Leia.

11tne39.jpg

I'm sure it will be fine - but I will certainly be looking forward to carded female truetypes to do a body swap, or maybe even one of the newer triad bodies (not the Otaku obviously)

Wait did I miss something?:confused:
There's going to be a Hoth Leia?:confused:
:chew

By the time Sideshow officially announces a figure, it is too late to suggest anything. That is why I started this thread way in advance.

I hope the Sideshow team can size Leia's head so that it is proportional with her outfit and body. Trevor did an outstanding job on the Sarah Connor sculpt, but unfortunately the head was oversized and this may have been one of the determining factors in the low sales that ended the T2 line. I know I hesitantly had to pass on the figure because of this. Please look at the photo below for reference. If Sideshow doesn't want to redesign the female body, I would like them to tailor the outfit to a size that we can place it on a Triad Eva body, which seems to be the most realistic looking 1/6 female on the market (when it is ever released!).
2d1e8w.jpg

review_t2sarah_4.jpg

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_051807a.htm

Back