Sideshow Palpatine and Sidious 2 pack and Asajj Ventress 12"$19.99 on Amazon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted by the Python figures, just don't really have space for them. I have the OG Knights, Patsy, French Taunter and Black Knight. If I could score a Ni Knight for a decent price I'd be more inclined to pick up the entire set... but his price is pretty steep these days :monkey2

I've got the entire Python series. I had to box them back up, due to lack of space, but it's the only thing that's survived my culling a few years back. It's a great set. I remember getting the Knight who says Ni, thinking he was a rip-off back then (at $40, HAH!!). Hell, all 5 Knights came in a set at $150, that was only $30 each, and this Knight was only HALF a figure at $10 more. . . it WAS a rip-off.

Now, he's selling for $200. Not many Hot Toys figs quintuple in value.

:lecture

That is true... but funny when a 1/6 figure has quintupled in value and still is less than one new HT figure :lol

My stuff arrived. Everything was in pretty good condtion, a bit of shelf wear and some packaging dings, but for the price no complaints. Gotta say, Ventress is a pretty good looking figure. Never saw one in person, but seems like the outfit was able to overcome the awful look of the buck.

Kind of the opposite situation from Snowbunny Padme :lol

Felt like the combination of the design of her outfit plus the fact that she is supposed to be scrawny made Assajj look good.

I think you're right. Kind of like Boussh... the design just happens to work well with the weird Buck body. But anything really form fitting just looks like crap :lol

Well I got my Palpatine and Sidious 2 pack and Medi Clone from Amazon, they were packed perfect, just minty fresh and new! :yess:

My pleasure, we as collectors pay retail most of the time, its nice to actually get noticed by the Collector Gods and them send gifts of insanely discounted toys. Also what was cool is I bought figures I would otherwise had passed on, like the Blackbeard, the price made me consider buying it even though I don't normally collect. Call it impulse, call it wasting money on extra things I don't need, but I love sixth scale figures and getting figures for this cheap means I get to open and enjoy more for less $$$.

No kidding... the days of $20-$40 Sideshow figures will be missed. Although occasionally a SW figure will sell for that little; Yavin Luke anyone :lol

Good pick up on the black knight... easily one of my favorites; I have him displayed in pieces :rock

p.jpg

Nice. I might have to display the Black Knight like that as well.... The Black Knight ALWAYS triumphs!

I'm tempted by the Python figures, just don't really have space for them. I have the OG Knights, Patsy, French Taunter and Black Knight. If I could score a Ni Knight for a decent price I'd be more inclined to pick up the entire set... but his price is pretty steep these days :monkey2

I was tempted to grab the other ones as well but I settled for the three nicest offerings (Black Knight, Tim the Enchanter, and the Bridgekeeper). I've got the Grail Knights and Patsy already-- I'd love to get a French Taunter (sounds naughty) and one of the Knights who say Ni-- Too bad those two weren't being sold at the same ridiculous prices.

No doubt, I'd have been all over a Ni at that price. Would have bought as many as I could and retired early :lol

The Taunter is a cool little figure. Sideshow did a nice job with the Monthy Python line, shame they don't go all out like that anymore on 1/6 figures and series. Although I'm sure the line was helped by a ton of reuse

Just picked up my Palps two-pack. :yess: Still in the box but I'll take it out when I go home this afternoon and I'll try and get some shots (after the head switch) prior to f-ball practice.

Feels like it's 2003 all over again with great SSC 1/6th at stellar prices.... Giddy I say... Giddy... :1-1::panic::1-1:

got mine Monday.....not bad for $30 shipped....why is the Sidious robe an off color black? Like a charcoal black? Is that screen accurate???
IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

If this is directed my way, yes. But I got Thor directly from SSC.

Yup it was you I was talking too, I am waiting for mine to get to my LCS, on Sideshows website it says backorder, this was my fathers day gift and I cant help but be annoyed, I have wanted this figure from day one. I have noticed that my LCS gets HT figs the same week that cornerstore comics and there site still says preorder. I just hope it comes soon. Oh yeah, what do you think of the Thor figure, it looks really nice.

Back