Sideshow not listening to the Haters !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read worse comments on here. Both places have its haters.:D

Its subjective, but I agree. But with SS addressing the infamous FAIL/PASS comment, we both know which forum that is, right? :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I love visiting SF, just not the SideShow section much.

I agree and disagree with sideshows comments, on one side people do complain alot and seem to pick at every nick and bit of a statue sometimes i do, but on the other side sideshow are a company and this is a forum so freedom os speech is a must if i don't like a statue i won't buy it simple as, but if i buy a statue i've wanted for ages and it comes either unpainted, damaged to high heaven or just plain crap, hell i'll moan until the cows come home!!!

The best way to do it is be civil, phone them up or write a really clever well drafted email and they will register it as a complaint, if we just write FAIL or PASS they will do nothing about the problems you are writing about...

I'm sure they don't mind constructive criticism, but when people just go on and on and only post FAIL or the puking smiley, they aren't going to take you seriously or listen to you.

When they post a new PF and there's a couple things on it that you wish they'd tweak, well, you tell them what you think isn't right, but to ^^^^^ about how that PF sucks balls because a color isn't right or whatever, isn't going to score you any points.

The other side of this is: The items with overwhelming rough and nasty feedback by a large amount of passionate forum members are the ones that usually get addressed in a decisive way by Sideshow because the complaints and bad publicity are just too loud to ignore.

If people complained louder about Galadriel PF or Namor Comiquette with the same passion (backed with the amount of cancellations) we may have gotten better products for those. In other words, acting civilized will only get you so far with Sideshow. That's just how it is. It's like, if you don't like the Bruce Lee PF then that's tough. Don't like it, don't buy it.

I am all for constructive criticism. I think it makes for better discussion than snappy one liners, but then again, this is an internet forum so it's the nature of the beast.

:confused: People made their complaints known loud and clear when it came to the Galadriel PF and while it still looks more like Claire Danes than Cate Blanchett, SS at least took the time and effort to get rid of that awful looking doll hair.

Last edited:
Jerry from Popculture is okay with asking opinions I really see no reason why Sideshow cannot also do the same. Randy Bowen is the same. At least SS are opening up alittle more to the fans through the Q&A.

It's not the opinions themselves, but how they're expressed. I'm sure neither Jerry nor Randy appreciate the "PASS!" type comments.

It certainly emphasises the fact there are people at Sideshow who read about their work and care - its not just a faceless company. HOWEVER, whilst i appreciate smart arse or derogatory/rude comments dont help as does one liners like fail n' pass, Sideshow are there to be shot at like any company who put their work out there...
If you read between the lines of even the most bull ^^^^tiest comments, they critique an item just the same as a rammbling thesis about how an item has too long a neck, too small a dome, not bulky enough, etc. I kind of find it amusing Sideshow are trying to almost dictate how they want comments on their work to be expressed...Sideshow should perhaps grow a thicker skin and remember these folks who write pass and fail, who use the puke and roll eyes emoticon are their paying customers ...

Pass, easy pass, caca, fail. Some pieces suck so bad they don't need a detailed explanation. They know it when they are handing out a crap sandwich.

I never get the people who constantly put down a figure or statue that they have no intention of buying, even if Sideshow made the changes they are moaning about.

I kind of find it amusing Sideshow are trying to almost dictate how they want comments on their work to be expressed...Sideshow should perhaps grow a thicker skin and remember these folks who write pass and fail, who use the puke and roll eyes emoticon are their paying customers ...

I agree their comments seem condescending if not outright whiny. Sideshow is running a business and charging an increasingly steep fee for its products whereas I have yet to see a corresponding jump in quality over their early years (Buffy, Bond).

Sideshow has also exhibited some very poor decision making, especially their sporadic, half-hearted handling of the Lord of the Rings lines. Their choice of figures on Star Wars is often puzzling and their incredibly slow development and production schedules do not help either. I mean nearly a year to bring Vader to people and a total of two figures so far this year. For what must be an expensive license that seems like terrible business sense.

Hot Toys may be more expensive, but they put out substantially better figures in much short time in a much more open manner. Sideshow would get slaughtered in a head-to-head license competition. They need to drop their secrecy, allow for constructive feedback earlier in the design process and up their paint apps in particular.

..........Fail !!!!

thumbsdown.jpg

It's not the opinions themselves, but how they're expressed. I'm sure neither Jerry nor Randy appreciate the "PASS!" type comments.

But at least they interact with their collectors. There is no defending some comments but that should not be an excuse for no interaction. As I have said earlier at least SS are starting to make an effort.

I can understand SS position when their dealing with comments made by what seems like 5 year olds sometimes. Some comments are completely unnecessary and uncalled for. HOWEVER ss....you gatta understand most of these comments stem from the frustration put out by YOUR products. The impatient people out there that dont see immediate change or resolution to their issues or concers will ALWAYS be the first to complain. As a company in business to make money and the collectors happy this is YOUR responsibility and YOUR doing SS. Your in complete control of everything you put out there....so you must take everything that gos along with it..good and bad. You have entier forums dedicated to you and your products....you should be pumping out one masterpiece after another! How many business would love to have that sort of edge on their competition. So when it comes to products like your 1:1 Iron man...their is NO EXCUSE for what you slapped your paying customers in the face with. Then added insult to injury by turing your rejects into BD versions??? Are you trying to make us feel like cattle??? The money we all put out to keep you in business should directly correspond with the quality and customer satisfaction we get back.
Understand one thing SS the people/customers made you...so in a way we own you! If we all stop buying your stuff tomorrow...you would no longer exist and many people there would be out of a job. So do whats smart and start listening to the "people"...not what SS feels like doing. If a million people are asking and pleading for something to be made...dont give us the exact opposite of what we were expecting, your not doing yourselves a favour that way.
Dont take this as a hostile post, this IS constructive criticism and if you cant take it....then you shouldnt be in business.

Chris

Last edited:
Understand one thing SS the people/customers made you...so in a way we own you! If we all stop buying your stuff tomorrow...you would no longer exist and many people there would be out of a job. So do whats smart and start listening to the "people"...not what SS feels like doing. If a million people are asking and pleading for something to be made...dont give us the exact opposite of what we were expecting, your not doing yourselves a favour that way.
Dont take this as a hostile post, this IS constructive criticism and if you cant take it....then you shouldnt be in business.

Chris

You do know the difference between the public sector and the private one?

If a million people are asking and pleading for something to be made...dont give us the exact opposite of what we were expecting, your not doing yourselves a favour that way.

What if it's just a handful of very vocal, pissy, entitled people?

It's unfortunate that these people have driven away much of the interaction with SS peeps here, but I suppose that's the way it goes.

Back