Statue Sideshow New Wonder Woman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no way! I would continue to keep sending it back until I get the one I like. Only twice in the past I had to send a statue back 2 times ...and got the statue I wanted on the third try. SSC customer service has been very helpful in that regard.

Will they take back a statue with a sh***ty paint app?
I didn't think they would.

I've read they somehow take back pieces even when it's a change of mind thing for the collector (though I guess they could just find an issue). At least for US residents. I'm not sure how it works for those of us who are international'?

And if it's bad enough they'll allow you to cancel your order prior to shipping, no questions asked, and they'll refund the NRD. Like the last movie Wonder Woman piece. Some coincidence isn't it?

Sideshow has a satisfaction guarantee that allows you to return I believe any collectible if you are not pleased. Just pay return shipping. Seems reasonable to me.

Sideshow has a satisfaction guarantee that allows you to return I believe any collectible if you are not pleased. Just pay return shipping. Seems reasonable to me.

not so easy when you live outside of the US. Shipping will run some $150+ dollars just to send it back...

I've read they somehow take back pieces even when it's a change of mind thing for the collector (though I guess they could just find an issue). At least for US residents. I'm not sure how it works for those of us who are international'?

And if it's bad enough they'll allow you to cancel your order prior to shipping, no questions asked, and they'll refund the NRD. Like the last movie Wonder Woman piece. Some coincidence isn't it?

I never had that option being in the UK, if there was a problem with a statue it was always $30 and keep as it is or a full refund and smash the statue up.

They never give me an option to exchange as they would just say "we have opened other boxes to check and believe they are all they same" this was on pretty bad sloppy paint, scratched up pieces etc.

:( What a bummer. The face on the proto was what really drew me in. There is a very impressive, subtle conveyance of emotion. The difference in the paint [specifically] messes with that, so it's possibly a deal-breaker for me.

I think that's my biggest issue, is that the expression on her face changed
Hopefully it's not as bad in person

I'll unhappily admit I'm seriously disappointed in the production paint application and (because I'm in the UK so returning the figure will be a problem if I don't like it) I'm now thinking about skipping a month on my FlexPay PO to wait and see what people say when they get their hands on the figure. If their reviews are as bad as the production version looks then I'll consider cancelling my order entirely. If they come out better than I expect then I might take a chance and hope I like it once I have it.

I agree the figure's face/expression appears to have changed compared the proto and my hunch - based on nothing whatsoever except my own eye - is DC flexed their licensor muscles to have the head painted to look more like Gal Gadot rather than the original version.

Why is everyone surprised that the paint isn't like the proto or up to prime 1 standards

Maybe a little bit off the proto is ok, but time will tell

Why is everyone surprised that the paint isn't like the proto or up to prime 1 standards

Then explain the latest Red Sonja PF and Aspen PF. They turned out pretty fantastic and close to the proto. This PF is WONDER WOMAN. She should have been given the BEST factory. The painted proto of her looked like Katy Perry back in her perfect prime 8 years ago. This factory paint job looks like a cheap department store mannequin with dead eyes. This is simply inexcusable when Blitzway, Prime 1, XM etc are all churning out excellent factory pain. If Sideshow wants to give us subpar paintwork like this, then they should go back to charging $300 for a PF. Aside from that, the body paint is fine on Wonder Woman here but if the face is dead, then the whole statue doesn't work. Superman's latest PF turned out good, why not Wonder Woman? :slap

This is why I've stopped buying from Sideshow. Their production pieces just don't match up with the one time "Let's make some NRD money" pieces that they get people to PO from.

And then of course a year or two from now they'll auction the thing on eBay and someone will pay 2k for it. Yippee.

not so easy when you live outside of the US. Shipping will run some $150+ dollars just to send it back...

And you don't get the duty/tax paid back, also adding a couple hundred bucks. That isn't Sideshow's fault. Just adding to the thought that it's not an easy and painless decision to return the product if it arrives and is so different from what you based your decision to order on that it irks you to look at it.

I will keep my preorder with fingers crossed my first reaction to the changes doesn't last. I guess I can always have the head repainted if it really bugs me and that would cost less than returning it.

Not surprised by this production. It’s usually the standard these days with Sideshow. Some other pieces are gems. Like Aspen and Lady Deadpool which still hasn’t sold out.

My expectations are always average when it comes to their production quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back