Sideshow: New Sabretooth PF !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please no real fur. How long would that last..... not very
long.

That is the problem with PF statues. If you want cloth on your statues you can't expect them to hold up well over time. That and the PJ comments is why I love comiquettes. They allow for the most amount of detail in a sculpt. They also stand the test of time much better than PF's. If the clothes wear out, fade, or the colors run (Cap PF) what do you do? If comiquette colors fade over time a repaint is the only thing needed to correct the problem. Who do you use for problems with clothes on the PF's? A tailor?:lol Don't even get me started on what to do when they get dusty and you can't remove all of it. I guess it's time to toss them in the wash then.

Last edited:
Cloth will last longer than fur. And if over time the cloth deteriorates then you can always get the costume sculpted on. But it will be interesting to see what life span these PFs will have.

Cloth will last longer than fur. And if over time the cloth deteriorates then you can always get the costume sculpted on. But it will be interesting to see what life span these PFs will have.

Very true. We know, however, that is not a problem with comiquettes.

I agree. PF suites certain charaters and there are certain characters I prefer as comiquette.

That is the problem with PF statues. If you want cloth on your statues you can't expect them to hold up well over time. That and the PJ comments is why I love comiquettes. They allow for the most amount of detail in a sculpt. They also stand the test of time much better than PF's. If the clothes wear out, fade, or the colors run (Cap PF) what do you do? If comiquette colors fade over time a repaint is the only thing needed to correct the problem. Who do you use for problems with clothes on the PF's? A tailor?:lol Don't even get me started on what to do when they get dusty and you can't remove all of it. I guess it's time to toss them in the wash then.

I don't know, my PF's have so far survived a massive 10 months :lol :lol :lol

My stupid jokes always get me in hot water.

In all reality, I've already had a victim with the clothing.

My PF Spidey has sustained a very tiny tear to his costume on his back inside his red spider.

I think it was either my wife's or my fingernail which had a sharp nick on the edge of our nail which caught onto his costume.

:(

I don't know, my PF's have so far survived a massive 10 months :lol :lol :lol

My stupid jokes always get me in hot water.

In all reality, I've already had a victim with the clothing.

My PF Spidey has sustained a very tiny tear to his costume on his back inside his red spider.

I think it was either my wife's or my fingernail which had a sharp nick on the edge of our nail which caught onto his costume.

:(
Very sorry to hear about your PF Spidey. That is a bad problem to have with a PF statue. Very difficult to repair. I think you should just order the Spidey comiquette when it is released. You at least won't have that problem. It may even turn out to be a better sculpt than the PF. I wasn't fond of the Spidey PF at all.

Of the characters that were released as both comiquettes and PF's so far, only the Mystique PF stands out. I think the Elektra and White Queen comiquettes are far better than their PF counterparts. The AH! Mystique may not be better than the PF but it looks like it will be equal in every way.

I'm really looking forward to the new comiquettes SS has on the drawing board. Now if only they would confirm Cap, Hulk, and Thor. I'd be a very happy man.:banana

Crap! If they do both costumes for Sabretooth and Wolverine I will go broke because I will need them both!

For the first time, I am leaning towards this ideas as well. :(

So what do you guys think, sculpted fur or real fur on Sabretooth? And I'm referring to around his neck.

sabretooth1.jpg

Sculpted fur, of course.

Probably right. I mean even with Conan's boots they went for sculpted :(

Very sorry to hear about your PF Spidey. That is a bad problem to have with a PF statue. Very difficult to repair. I think you should just order the Spidey comiquette when it is released. You at least won't have that problem. It may even turn out to be a better sculpt than the PF. I wasn't fond of the Spidey PF at all.

Of the characters that were released as both comiquettes and PF's so far, only the Mystique PF stands out. I think the Elektra and White Queen comiquettes are far better than their PF counterparts. The AH! Mystique may not be better than the PF but it looks like it will be equal in every way.

I'm really looking forward to the new comiquettes SS has on the drawing board. Now if only they would confirm Cap, Hulk, and Thor. I'd be a very happy man.:banana

While I am bummed about Spidey, I don't regret any of my PF purchases.

Thor is one of my favorite pieces

Although I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall during what probably was a difficult decision to go with the sculpted cape, which I agree with although I wonder what cloth would've been like.

Last edited:
Back