Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Orko should arrive this week. I'm really hoping it's not a disappointment. Sideshow haven't put up one of their "Out-of-the-box" videos for Orko before it shipped, so no one's been able to tell how it turned out yet.

I should have mine today :yess:

Some Quick pics - the stone in the staff is more white then the prototype pictures but I am really happy overall

IMG_8873.jpgIMG_8874.jpgIMG_8877.jpgIMG_8878.jpgIMG_8876.jpgIMG_8875.jpgIMG_8879.jpg

Woohoo, just got my Orko in! Unboxed and overall it does look like Tweeterhead did a pretty decent job! Paint app in general is really nice, and the sculpt suits the aesthetic of the series so far. I just wish they'd announce more characters to come and not just leave us all hanging.

20181205_202655b.jpg

Hmm, do I have my magic book arm inserted wrong? The book looks really close to the ear, but it's not that close in the prototype photos. Anyone have their's to compare? I'm hoping I've got it wrong and it's not some sculpting/production issue across them all!

I checked mine, and the right arm is definitely inserted correctly into the slot. It seems like the sculpt was tweaked so that the right arm is raised higher on the final production version. I'm not sure why they changed that. I actually state in my video review uploading now that I wished the book was lower instead of right next to his ear, forgetting that the prototype actually showed the book lower! It's a little annoying that the sculpt was changed in this way......

I checked mine, and the right arm is definitely inserted correctly into the slot. It seems like the sculpt was tweaked so that the right arm is raised higher on the final production version. I'm not sure why they changed that. I actually state in my video review uploading now that I wished the book was lower instead of right next to his ear, forgetting that the prototype actually showed the book lower! It's a little annoying that the sculpt was changed in this way......

I think maybe they made the book more vertical so that it was easier to see the writing in the book when displayed.

Big fan of the Orko piece. I wish and hope that this line is not dead and that we will see another one (not She-ra based) in this line.

Still loving these Masters of the Universe statues by Sideshow! I really hope they don't just stop here, but announce more characters in 2019. Would be a massive disappointment if they just left fans at this stage!

IMG_0996b.jpg

Mine actually touches the ear! I’ll probably contact Sideshow about it as could rub off paint eventually. I don’t know ����*♂️

I've emailed them about the change in sculpt. Will see what they say about the comparison between prototype and final production.

Will be interesting to hear what they say. Yours looks the same as most others I’ve seen so I think you’re fine. Mine however totally rubs agains the ear so I’ll likely send back.

Orko looks nice...

...But I would rather have Teela and Sorceress instead. C'mon SSC give us more characters!

Heard back from Sideshow this week on the Orko book-holding hand being changed from the prototype. Here is their response, which is pretty standard stuff I think:

"Upon inspection of the images you have provided and inspection of our own piece that we have on display in our offices it looks like there is no issue with the arm that hold the spell book and this was just a change to the piece that was made at some point in the production process, which is why it varies from the prototype which is subject to change.

However if you are unhappy with the piece and you wish to return the item I can offer you a full refund, we can arrange this for you at Sideshow's expense. In this case, you would receive a refund of all money paid directly to Sideshow, including original shipping costs and non-refundable deposits."

Shame that aspect changed from prototype to production.

sideshow have Battlecat by Pop Culture Shock...anyone can load a pic of him next to sideshow he-man? Thinking about picking up battlecat.

Back