Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Sideshow has done is taken all our nostalgia for He-Man as children, and made it into a more realistic representation that would appeal to us as adults. And they've succeeded with flying colours!

Precisely. I tried the same thing with the show maybe 5/6 years ago. SOOOOO awful :lol. BUT, I do always have the childhood memories and they can now mature with me as these Sideshow interpreted statues have matured. Pretty cool when you think about it.

I'm also happy they are 1/5th. Less room to worry about, less cost as well. It really is the perfect size for this line.

Precisely. I tried the same thing with the show maybe 5/6 years ago. SOOOOO awful :lol. BUT, I do always have the childhood memories and they can now mature with me as these Sideshow interpreted statues have matured. Pretty cool when you think about it.

I'm also happy they are 1/5th. Less room to worry about, less cost as well. It really is the perfect size for this line.

:exactly: My Obi-Wan mythos is one of my favourites! The 1/5th size on these would mean they could easily be placed on a desk, side by side, or on a shelf...I mean, my collection is all over the place with Hot Toys, Bishoujo, ArtFX, PFs, Mythos...so I range from 1/6-1/4 and I love the variety. Hell, it'll soon be 1:3 as well when Batman gets here! :lol So the space will be welcome!

I just find it bizarre when people are like, "Ew, 1/5th, forget that," like it's a major step down from a PF. In the end it'll be priced $100 cheaper than a PF (I still guess $379.99, but licensing could see it hit $399.99), and look amazing...I'll gladly jump on board that train any day of the week!

No complaints on 1/5 scale here. Space is at a premium for me.:lol

:exactly: :lol

Those closeup shots are awesome. Crazy amount of detail in both pieces, Skeletor especially.

The Hordak head on his belt is a fun touch... a bit silly, but still fun and adds some character.

:exactly: My Obi-Wan mythos is one of my favourites! The 1/5th size on these would mean they could easily be placed on a desk, side by side, or on a shelf...I mean, my collection is all over the place with Hot Toys, Bishoujo, ArtFX, PFs, Mythos...so I range from 1/6-1/4 and I love the variety. Hell, it'll soon be 1:3 as well when Batman gets here! :lol So the space will be welcome!

I just find it bizarre when people are like, "Ew, 1/5th, forget that," like it's a major step down from a PF. In the end it'll be priced $100 cheaper than a PF (I still guess $379.99, but licensing could see it hit $399.99), and look amazing...I'll gladly jump on board that train any day of the week!

1/5 scale is a nice in-between for sculptures... like you the Mythos Kenobi is one of my favorites and even though it's the only 1/5 I have, it looks great in my collection.

I wouldn't call two completely different takes too many options! :lol But yes, PCS Skeletor will basically be the Skeletor from the '80s cartoon through and through.

If it was only 2 it wouldn't be a problem lol.. since PCS has basically 2 takes themselves with the filmation and the mixed media (with more realism). The more options the better.. just means I can't get everything now ha! Probably will pass on the PCS mixed media and just pray that they do a filmation battlecat in the future.

As far as the SS line.. I'm actually glad it's 1/5. I love my mythos pieces..

When you think about how deep this line could potentially be 1/5 scale really is a good size. Imagine if SSC made 8-10 "must have" statues at 1/4 scale. If you think about it they really could. He-Man, Skeletor, Mer-Man, Evil-Lyn, Teela, Sorceress, Beast Man, Hordak, Battle Cat, Man at Arms, Faker, Trap Jaw, Horde Trooper, Scare Glow, possibly She-Ra if she's included in the license. IF they make each and every one of those characters and do as good a job on them as they did on Skeletor people would be crying at playing "pick and choose" in 1/4 scale.

1/5 makes it easier to amass quite the collection.

When you think about how deep this line could potentially be 1/5 scale really is a good size. Imagine if SSC made 8-10 "must have" statues at 1/4 scale. If you think about it they really could. He-Man, Skeletor, Mer-Man, Evil-Lyn, Teela, Sorceress, Beast Man, Hordak, Battle Cat, Man at Arms, Faker, Trap Jaw, Horde Trooper, Scare Glow, possibly She-Ra if she's included in the license. IF they make each and every one of those characters and do as good a job on them as they did on Skeletor people would be crying at playing "pick and choose" in 1/4 scale.

^^This

And that's not even taking into account different versions.. He-man on BC, Skeletor on Throne, battle damaged he-man? :)

Beast-Man would be extremely tempting, especially if it's on par with Skeletor. Skeletor and Beast-Man were the first two MOTU figures that I got as kid so I guess that would be my collection coming full circle.:lol

Love the He-Man, but I pretty much has to pick my jaw up off the floor when I saw Skeletor. Completely, utterly insane! Can not wait to get these guys, and the 1/5 suits me and my dwindling space very well.

Whenever I go to my LCS I'm always surprised at how big 1/5 actually is. Obviously not as big as a PF but I'm so used to 1/6 scale any time I see 1/5 I can't help but be impressed.

Last edited:
The Project Manager also being particularly excited about Teela, Man-At-Arms and Trap Jaw so I can't imagine that they'll be too far behind.

Mark Newman sculpts? Yes please! :yess:

Evil-Lyn will be tempting! I'm not sure I'd go into the line THAT much. I mean, it'll all be wait and see, but I think these would be the two main guys I'd be happiest picking up, and then surrounding them with Masters of the Universe ladies would be ideal. Evil-Lyn, Teela, She-ra, Sorceress...all of those would be great to see...and even at that point I'd likely have to pick and choose!

This is an Evil-Lyn shot from the comics, which would give an idea of how they'll likely take the costume and make it their own.

MOTU__Vol_1__Issue_1__Evil_Lyn_by_valstaples.jpg

Whenever I go to my LCS I'm always surprised at how big 1/5 actually is. Obviously not as big a PF but I'm so used to 1/6 scale anytime I seen 1/5 I can't help but be impressed.

This is true. I only own one 1/5 scale statue and that's the Angel Comiquette. And to be honest, it's very hard to tell he's not even in scale. Check out this pic for reference. I know his wingspan is a part of it, but the body itself isn't that drastic compared to the 1/4 around him.

120s2ae.jpg

This is true. I only own one 1/5 scale statue and that's the Angel Comiquette. And to be honest, it's very hard to tell he's not even in scale. Check out this pic for reference. I know his wingspan is a part of it, but the body itself isn't that drastic compared to the 1/4 around him.

120s2ae.jpg

That's why I find it so odd that people dismiss 1/5 like it's toxic to their collections. "I'd be excited if this was 1/4th!" More often than not there's even more detail put into the 1/5 pieces. I just don't get it, but hey, their loss.

Damn, I'm totally on board now, I think. Not sure where I'll put them but I'll get He-man and Skeletor at least. I do kind of wish the orb on the top of Skeletor's staff was translucent.

Back