Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to sound like a ******, and I'm glad the majority of those who purchased this are happy with it.. But I personally agree, this thing is way over priced.
Not trying to make anyone feel bad about buying this, just voicing my opinion..

IMO the "battle damage" doesn't look very realistic, and the small paint slops on the head (pictures from a few pages ago I believe) are just absolutely ridiculous.
I understand that it has several small parts, but I don't think that alone can justify such a high price..
I'm shocked that some jackass tried covering up actual damage done to the $1200 statue, and it got passed QC.
Well I'm not shocked.. It's expected from SS.. Just so outrageous.

The 39 inch long Predalien bust is $1250.. this is what, 20 inches high? 22-24 with the base?

Maybe I'm missing something, idunno.

I agree with what you are saying. I have this ordered but was and still am surprised at the asking price for what this statue is - granted it is massively detailed, all the components of the original design are preserved as best as sculpturally possible. But the paint job is SS standard and this piece deserved a light up function. And as a line it might be one and done which makes investing in the line questionable since I really want at least Megatron to go with it.
This statue is no different to the Alien and Predator licensed products which seem to attract a premium price compared to say Marvel PF's. I really can't see much difference between say the Carnage Com ($285) and the Aliens Warrior Maq. ($799) and yet the pricing is $500 different! You can get the War Machine and Iron Man 2 Maq's and have $150 change left over for the asking price of this.
Whether it is greed or licensing or a combination of both I don't know.
I do know the EX for Prime is not worth $3500 but people are paying that too apparently! :panic:
Still SS has managed to ship 650 of these @ $1200 a pop so while ever people will pay it SS will charge it...

Yeah it would have been good to adjust it plus it would have made it much easier to do a custom light up job on the eyes.

:exactly:

I just can't wait for it to get here! I checked my tracking and it's in the UK, so i'll have it Monday! That's still too long imo. :( :lol

yep +1

I'm finally done making sure everything is intact and not broken..

He's huge. When I walk into the room, first thing...I noticed...WOW...the base is perfect for his size...it wraps around him basically...tha'ts what really bring out the statue...the base is beautiful and the perfect size.

I don't think he's SKINNY or FAT...but he's right in the middle.

the paint job is not perfect, but I don't expect it from the folks on the assembly line. There are just toooo many little parts and paints that I would find it difficult for them to capture on the assembly line.

I didn't put the guns or swords because I'm afraid I might knock it over. The magnet of the gun/fists are very strong. However, the arm piece is not magnet at all.

Overall, I love it...not because I have it...get the regular version if you can't get the Exclusive... I like this more than my Doom PF. Doom PF is a piece of art, but Transformers is what I love more as a character.

And the million dollar question...is he worth it? Hell yell...he looks more expensive than my other statues. Think about this...you see people paying 1/4 statues going for $1300 or more right...well...this one blows away many of the $1300 price tag and this one far exceed it in terms of "WOW" factor. Forget that this cost $1300...already I feel that this statue is above all statues that I have, including Doom PF Exclusive. Even if it was price at $400 for this statue, the price will skyrocket in the aftermarket.

Sideshow, please please make another charaters with the same base! PLEASE...I beg you.

img1659ae.jpg

I agree, the detail is outstanding, so much to look at.

Easily worth it, then add the 150 EX and only 500 regulars, it's a no brainer.

You are still doing better than me mine is still in Honolulu :lol

:lol

These statues sure go on a trip before getting to us don't they? :D

MinMay thanks for the mini review and if you think it's worth the money then it doesn't matter what anyone else says about it being overpriced. I'm glad you're enjoying the new statue. :hi5:

:lol

These statues sure go on a trip before getting to us don't they? :D

MinMay thanks for the mini review and if you think it's worth the money then it doesn't matter what anyone else says about it being overpriced. I'm glad you're enjoying the new statue. :hi5:

Yeah my collection is more well traveled than I am :lol but I can't afford to travel cos of collecting :monkey1

Back