Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a cheap toy, they didnt fix the white pin stripe ether. Glad I cancelled this....does not look worth $1200.....$300 maybe.

Chris

Just got the newsletter announcing the new pics. I'm pissed that they didn't add the white pinstripes and refused to do any lighting whatsoever even though that's what practically all the posts for the last six months in this thread has talked about for this thing! Well, I guess they kinda tried to do pinstripes on a few of the flames, if you can call that pinstriping. Also, this is going to be a quality control nightmare. That's the painted production version so that's what we're going to get and that was painted by a SS artist. But I don't like some of the "weathering" that was done on it. And that's going to be blotches of paint, streaks and paint droppings done by the Chinese painters in the factory. Just like the AMP suit. Color me not enthused. I don't know if I'm going to cancel yet. Going to have to mull it over.

Last edited:
I'm gutted that they haven't added the white pin stripe but this still looks good and i'm still looking forward to getting it.

Looks like a cheap toy, they didnt fix the white pin stripe ether. Glad I cancelled this....does not look worth $1200.....$300 maybe.

Chris

But one sold for $2100+$100 shipping on eBay already.....

Btw, it doesn't looks batter then I saw back at sdcc, the color is too bright and it does looks like cheap toy..... WTF???? And no light.....

Last edited:

Chris

Je suis désolé mais je vais le dire en français, tu es de mauvaise foie mon pauvre :rotfl

The production piece is Absolutely AWESOME :hi5:

Like many have pointed out allready,it is very weak that they didn't add the pin stripes and im not sure anymore if im gonna go with "Better than nothing".
This is definitely not worth 1200$,not decided what to do yet though.

i'm keeping my exclusive on order , if it really turns out disappointing i'm sure i'll find someone who will buy it from me :lol

Looks nice, but I agree it'll be a quality control nightmare. It's just way over my limit of what I'd spend on a collectible, and I'd really prefer Bumblebee.

im diggin the new pics!! dont see what the big fuss is about.

Come on May!!!:impatient: ship that sucker :wink1:

The production piece is Absolutely AWESOME :hi5:

:exactly:

As for the paint looking too bright i'd say that's down to the crap pics! :lecture

This piece looks SWEET!

But you both know that...

img-haters-gonna-hate-panda-352

:lol :lol :lol

I was interested in seeing the pinstripes and dissapointed like others they were not there. What did surprise me is that "weathered" look they tried to add. Is that a light blue paint they added to the top or just lighting. I hate that color and the way it looks if they did add that. It looked better before. For me both this and Neytiri are major let downs that keep getting worse.

Back