Sideshow Juggernaut Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this case, I feel the exact opposite. The Shiflett's Juggy smokes all others. Pose, comic accuracy, base, and sculpt....far superior to any other Juggy out there. Nothing comes within reach of touching it. The MAQs pose looks like he's falling over and all the debris is excessive. The BD Juggy is in full stride and looks....unstoppable! While I do think the MAQ looks solid, I feel the BD Juggy looks exceptional. But hey, we all like what we like.

It's nice but I think SSC's is nicer but that's my point. Here he is walking aggressively where is SSC's look like he's on a full bull run tearing **** up. I'm sure if he was in a more slow pose his head wouldn't look likes it's too low considering his shoulders are massive so when he brings those arms up it makes his head look sunk in a bit. But again I'm viewing these statues in a scene.

Not related to your comment but I've been mulling this a bit as people complained about size and after looking at my Mag's MAQ and comparing this Juggernault is going to be massive. Still doesn't necessarily justify the price it shouldn't of been more then Thanos MAQ.

In this case, I feel the exact opposite. The Shiflett's Juggy smokes all others. Pose, comic accuracy, base, and sculpt....far superior to any other Juggy out there. Nothing comes within reach of touching it. The MAQs pose looks like he's falling over and all the debris is excessive. The BD Juggy is in full stride and looks....unstoppable! While I do think the MAQ looks solid, I feel the BD Juggy looks exceptional. But hey, we all like what we like.

The Shiflett brothers were never very strong in their anatomy depictions, and though tamer in this Juggs sculpt, it’s nothing that’s mind blowing. I mean the SS version’s boots détails surpass any detail aspects of the Bowen. Anatomy, details, pose, energy, everything is more sophisticated and refined within the Sideshow version.

And to claim that the SS Juggs looks like he’s falling is silly. Juggs is depicted in the classic super hero charging pose, and by the intense, focused expression on his face, gives no impression of a character falling, but rather one who is gonna rip your head off!

As for the debris? Not excessive at all. Actually very tame, and at the same time clearly depicting the destructive force of Juggs.

Now the price is a total *****ing outrage! But in time, when all the hot disappointed tempers have cooled, this thing will be recognized for the true master sculpt that it is, and the credit it deserves.

Give it time, it will absolutely grow on you. Especially if they release a pic with Juggs facing off against Wolverine PF.

The Shiflett brothers were never very strong in their anatomy depictions, and though tamer in this Juggs sculpt, it’s nothing that’s mind blowing. I mean the SS version’s boots détails surpass any detail aspects of the Bowen. Anatomy, details, pose, energy, everything is more sophisticated and refined within the Sideshow version.

And to claim that the SS Juggs looks like he’s falling is silly. Juggs is depicted in the classic super hero charging pose, and by the intense, focused expression on his face, gives no impression of a character falling, but rather one who is gonna rip your head off!

As for the debris? Not excessive at all. Actually very tame, and at the same time clearly depicting the destructive force of Juggs.

Now the price is a total *****ing outrage! But in time, when all the hot disappointed tempers have cooled, this thing will be recognized for the true master sculpt that it is, and the credit it deserves.

Give it time, it will absolutely grow on you. Especially if they release a pic with Juggs facing off against Wolverine PF.

I don't think the MAQ looks terrible. Far from it. However, it's just not my favorite sculpt of the character. As for the Shiflett Bros sculpts for Bowen...I can only think of 2 sculpts off the top of my head that I felt looked bad...their green (and variant grey) HULK as well as Rhino. Their other work is stellar. IG Thanos, Vision, Juggy, Dragon Man bust, Spidey vs Venom, and Grendel Prime pieces were all spectacular in my book. I'm a big fan of clean sculpts that are as comic accurate as possible. I don't mind details so long as it doesn't distract from the figure. There are aspects of this Juggy MAQ that I really like but for me personally, the sculpt doesn't blow me away. Couple that with the absolutely ridiculous price tag Sideshow gave the MAQ....it make it a hard pass for me.

I'm glad there are collectors who like the MAQ and will add a 1/4 Juggy to their collection. Unfortunately, I won't be one of them. I can't see Sideshow releasing another Juggy I like at a more reasonable price and with their lockdown of 1/4 Marvel statues in the North American market...it looks like the BD Juggy will be the only statue of the character I'll have in my collection. Since I love it so much, I'm OK with that.

I don't think the MAQ looks terrible. Far from it. However, it's just not my favorite sculpt of the character. As for the Shiflett Bros sculpts for Bowen...I can only think of 2 sculpts off the top of my head that I felt looked bad...their green (and variant grey) HULK as well as Rhino. Their other work is stellar. IG Thanos, Vision, Juggy, Dragon Man bust, Spidey vs Venom, and Grendel Prime pieces were all spectacular in my book. I'm a big fan of clean sculpts that are as comic accurate as possible. I don't mind details so long as it doesn't distract from the figure. There are aspects of this Juggy MAQ that I really like but for me personally, the sculpt doesn't blow me away. Couple that with the absolutely ridiculous price tag Sideshow gave the MAQ....it make it a hard pass for me.

I'm glad there are collectors who like the MAQ and will add a 1/4 Juggy to their collection. Unfortunately, I won't be one of them. I can't see Sideshow releasing another Juggy I like at a more reasonable price and with their lockdown of 1/4 Marvel statues in the North American market...it looks like the BD Juggy will be the only statue of the character I'll have in my collection. Since I love it so much, I'm OK with that.
I really wish SS didn't have an NA Monopoly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I clicked on the to purchase and it keeps routed me to 1/3 P1 Superman....oh well, I saved $300+. Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

No question. I wish they would've done the same for Deathstroke. The Deathstroker PF still feels like a sucker punch for all classic Perez Deathstroke fans. Sideshow definitely got that aspect of this Juggy right IMO.

Yup, totally agree. I wish they had stayed true to a classic Perez Deathstroke as well. Pirate boots and all.

I hear you, and enjoy. At least you have a Juggs in your collection, I don’t, and will have to pass on this SS offering, as pricing is too insane. Keep well man.

This statue is 1:5 scale

He should be 28 inches tall from head to toe to be true 1:4 and he's more like 22 inches and 1:5.

For comparison...

pKXh6Ru.jpg

We're being ripped off on price and scale.

Jugs is 9 foot 5 (113")
1:4 is 28.25"
1:5 is 22.6"

Measuring the picture to 27" from base to top of his hand, I measured Jugs head to toe.
Roughly 22"
1:5

Yup, totally agree. I wish they had stayed true to a classic Perez Deathstroke as well. Pirate boots and all.

Yeah, Igo said the pirate boots looked silly on Deathstroke but here we have a $1400 Juggy MAQ sporting cuffed boots. What a joke.

I hear you, and enjoy. At least you have a Juggs in your collection, I don’t, and will have to pass on this SS offering, as pricing is too insane. Keep well man.

You do the same Divo. Hopefully we get another 1/4 Juggy buy some other company. It's gotta be soon though. Prices on these statues are getting way out of hand already and won't be getting any cheaper as time goes on.

Back