Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. If the Voltron maquette, which isn't very large, can be $1,250, I don't see how anyone would think this would be less than $1,00. It might be, and I hope it is, but I hope no one is surprised if it's not.

This dio will be a beautiful beast! Hulk looks bulked to the hilt, & Wolverine is in a classic lunging berserker mode pose. Perfect. With the great Martin Canale at the helm, I expect hyper details, showcasing tendon, muscle, & bone, & if the creative gods permit, blood(?). This will be an instant classic. Hoping for 100% sculpted, & reasonable price.

Conan Fury of the Beast was 500$ back then, but was considered already more than fair. Considering the different license (Marvel is more expensive) and price hikes of the last years, I'd say 700$.

Agreed. If the Voltron maquette, which isn't very large, can be $1,250, I don't see how anyone would think this would be less than $1,00. It might be, and I hope it is, but I hope no one is surprised if it's not.

Don't know, $1,000 is a lot; even for a dio. Maybe they're purposely labeling it Maquette to market it over $1,000.

Hoping it'll be around $750-850.

This piece was about 6 years in the making. If only it was released about 3 or 4 years ago. We'd probably have this for around $650 back then. Oh well, I'm just thrilled this is seeing the light of day. I'm POing this regardless. However, if the prices are really a G or more for future releases, I'm pretty sure I'll be one and done in the VS MAQ line. And that'll be OK for me because this is THE VS piece I was waiting for and the only one I have to have in my collection.

Don't know, $1,000 is a lot; even for a dio. Maybe they're purposely labeling it Maquette to market it over $1,000.

Hoping it'll be around $750-850.

It IS a lot. I just fear that calling it a maquette, and if it does entail COH for Wolverine, at least, that it will be high. Maybe I'm just cynical.

I hate pricing discussions but a general rule of them with collectibles, if it's a popular piece a comparison piece 7 years ago, expect to pay double

just how margins and inflation work on average

general rule of 72

take 72 divide by

your inflation / interest / markup rate per annum

to figure out the number of years an item / asset will double on average

-----

so a comparable product such as Hulk Comiquette - released 2010 - price tag $369.99

six years later... expect to pay close to double if you are using a healthy inflation / markup rate of at least 10% per year

72/10 = 7 years

this will ship by 2017

so $369.99 * 2 = $739.99

oh wait theres another figure ... WOLVERINE oops...

well since he is much smaller than HULK standing at 5'3

his average comqiuette released way back when went for $199.99 .... safe to say double that... $399.99

there might even be 2 WOLVERINEs included
HULK (739.99) + WOLVERINE (399.99) + depending on the exclusive is another wolverine piece or base... another $200-300

ur looking at least = $1139.99 or $1339.99 if 2 Wolverines included. They might do a rewards points rebate for early adopters

now can we please stop talking about price. just don't expect this to be cheaper than Galactus or Sentinel which were released years ago...

I forgot to take into account the USD currency appreciation of 32% since 2010... so it might be $999.99 after all... after rewards or before.

I hate pricing discussions but a general rule of them with collectibles, if it's a popular piece a comparison piece 7 years ago, expect to pay double

general rule of 72

take 72 divide by

-----

so a comparable product such as Hulk Comiquette - released 2010 - price tag $369.99

six years later... expect to pay close to double if you are using a healthy inflation / markup rate of at least 10% per year

72/10 = 7 years

this will ship by 2017

so $369.99 * 2 = $739.99

his average comqiuette released way back when went for $199.99 .... safe to say double that... $399.99

HULK (739.99) + WOLVERINE (399.99) + depending on the exclusive is another wolverine piece or base... another $200-300

ur looking at least = $1139.99 or $1339.99 if 2 Wolverines included. They might do a rewards points rebate for early adopters

now can we please stop talking about price. just don't expect this to be cheaper than Galactus or Sentinel which were released years ago...[/QUOTE

Jesus....for someone that hates pricing discussions you sure seem to love pricing discussions.

general rule of 72

take 72 divide by

-----

72/10 = 7 years

this will ship by 2017

so $369.99 * 2 = $739.99

now can we please stop talking about price. just don't expect this to be cheaper than Galactus or Sentinel which were released years ago...

Good analysis. In my own easy version, a 1/5 scale Wolverine should be around $300 and a 1/5 scale Hulk should be around $500. Add in a little Sideshow kicker and I still think an $850 price point is fair. With that being said, prices are skyrocketing so $1000 is more likely.

Hopefully, they'll have a price for this at SDCC so we can all stop speculating and move on to guessing the PO date.

That analysis is meaningless.
Going by the same logic, the X Men vs Sentinel diorama should have been much more expensive back then than the Wolvie vs Sabretooth diorama - you know, Colossus is a bigger character, there's a whole Sentinel head. It was just 50$ more.
Still going by the same logic, the Conan Fury of the Beast should have been $1000 back in 2012, yet it was $500.
Whatever those made up numbers are, they just don't take into account what goes into making statues.

But hey, I won't stop anyone who wants to panic over nothing.

Ok well wait and see..

They aren't perfect models but a guideline

Also you mentioning Conan piece doesn't really make sense because you have nothing in relation to compare it to

No one has the COGS figures, or financials.

I am simply talking about the TVM which is probably the most reasonable approach

We should discover soon enough, do they usually put the pricing on stuff displayed at SDCC?

Back