Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, after all that debate about his coat being blue and everything when all is said and done I actually don't really care for SIDESHOW'S blue. :lol

The "brown" coat actually DOES look more screen accurate to me. I think what we've all been debating is whether his coat was brown/grey or blue/grey. NOT the deep blue that Sideshow is making.

Sideshow's "brown" at least does appear to have some of the greyish hue missing from the "blue" version. Brother. :lol Oh well, apparently brown it is with regard to the figure. :lol

Are you ****ing kidding me?? :cuckoo:

And no, we were debating whether the coat was brown or blue. Period.

should of just made the damn thing like the thermochromic shirts in the 90's that change color with heat or made it to go inverted like a Popples and offer hot pink and lime green colorways!

Unless I'm missing something (and I do that a lot!) the EXCL includes both jackets.
"...and the Sideshow Exclusive version with brown or blue parka..."

I have a few thoughts on this matter. Sideshow definitely put forth a good effort by raising their game trying to get the level of a hot toys product. However the areas in which they fall short tend to be on the accessories, but more so on their human facial Sculps. While this is a decent likeness of Harrison Ford it's certainly not as good as it could be.

We always hear how "nobody can capture Harrison Ford's likeness". But I argue and say that his face is no more difficult than most. It's a matter of perception. Most people InVision this character a very specific way over decades of watching these films. That leaves a lot of room for ones imagination, and interpretation, not seen on more recent characters like Heath ledgers joker. Therefore to some this sculpt is dead on Harrison Ford as they remember him, while to others it's similar but not close enough.

Regarding the blue versus brown jacket. I for one do not care that sideshow broke up the exclusives into two different categories. However for those that want both jackets I can understand the frustration level when compared to other products where a blue and brown jacket would have been exclusive in and of itself. I say to those members that are frustrated in this respect .......if sideshow were to market the product as discussed (both jackets, both heads) the price point would no longer be $199 it would now be more expensive, and more in line in fact with a hot toys product only this would be of lesser quality. So now you get less for more.

Overall I am happy with this release. Not sure which color jacket I'm going to go for this moment I'm in no rush to decide however I am pleased that sideshow have released this figure with options, and I am pleased with the overall product for this price point. .:lecture

Last edited:
I want both jackets. I prefer the Brown if i had to choose. But the Blue will be much rarer to pick up later as it's only offered in one exclusive where as the brown is offered in the regular and an exclusive.

Why Sideshow, why? :gah: They could have just had one package with both coats and charged a bit more to avoid all this.

Unless I'm missing something (and I do that a lot!) the EXCL includes both jackets.
"...and the Sideshow Exclusive version with brown or blue parka..."

No im afraid not. The operative word is "or" (instead of "and"). It means if you get the sideshow exclusive version with the uncapped han head you can choose your coat color.

Terrible sculpt. Nuff said.

Good thing he can only wear one coat at a time. It would be pandemonium!!

More two cents.. I dont know who the guy is in the sculpt. Looks like someone. Not Harrison. I know someone can help me figure it out.

Hyperbole much? :lol

Certainly it at least has a passing resemblance to Ford.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

The fight for the extra coat at Toy Anxiety is going to be mighty!

TA will charge $65 for the blue... and get very few.

Don't think they'll have any blue jackets... it's an exclusive and they don't seem to part exclusives out.

If HT is being used as the standard for likeness these days, then Sideshow wins with this sculpt compared to the HT Indy. Personally I think this came out pretty good.

If HT is being used as the standard for likeness these days, then Sideshow wins with this sculpt compared to the HT Indy. Personally I think this came out pretty good.

I'd say overall it looks like a very good Ford sculpt, but Sideshow seems to have moved more towards showing what a production level paint job will look like rather than showing a mind-blowing prototype like they did in the past.

And remember this is Trevor Grove sculpting so there's always a badass sculpt underneath :hi5:

sideshow_hoth_han_by_trevorgrove-d6ehov1.jpg

If you don't see Ford in this you need to see a neurologist :lecture

Exactly. That's the problem. EVERYONE is going to want to get that so in the long run the brown coat might be more desirable than the blue Ex :lol

The wording on the page is very confusing and not clear, so there is time for them to fix it and not make us have to choose which coat we want. I want BOTH. I want to be able to swap my coats back and forth just like it does in the movie :lol

They even mention that. They don't say its 100% blue for some viewers or 100% brown for others - its switches back and forth. I want to do that with my dollie too! :gah:

I want to have the option to switch the coats as well. The release of this figure is overly complicated for no reason that I can see. They should have two versions - one reg as currently shown and one EX with both sculpts and both colored jackets. Easy and eliminates any confusion.

As it stands right now, I'll probably go for the EX with the brown coat since it looks more authentic and weathered. The blue coat looks too clean and dollish to me in the pics shown.

Last edited:
Back